Latest news on Brodeur

Triumph

"Marty will be going through tests today - MRI, X-rays and soforth -- and we will not have any information until all of those things have been taken in and the doctors have evaluated it," Lamoriello said. "We'll have no (more) information until further notice. He will not play tomorrow and we'll let you know when we know more."

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

interesting who they brought up, even if it is just for practice.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

interesting who they brought up, even if it is just for practice.

Hopefully it is just a bruise and he will be back for the Detroit game on Saturday night. Maybe even sooner. :pray: Don't think the Devils can beat Buffalo or Tampa Bay (definitely not Detroit) with Weekes, but we may have no choice. :noclue: I hope Weekes can stand on top of his head (like some of these goalies have in the past vs. the Devils) during these games if he has to fill in for Brodeur.

as long as there is no structural damage that requires surgery, he shouldn't miss more than 2 weeks or so. i don't know if this was a workload type thing anyway but i wouldn't be surprised if it makes marty reconsider how much he plays. then again, if he misses 6 or 7 games, he's gonna want to play as much as possible to keep his record stats like 40 win seasons going.

Eh come on now.. maybe we'll struggle with buffalo... but the way we've been putting pucks on (and in) net we might be able to win a few. And Tampa Bay has barry melrose...'nuff said. We'll kick their asses.

As far as the "bruise" goes... I heard Sherry say that they were all confused, because it didn't look like he hit his elbow.. more like a tweak or a pull.

Yeah you maybe right there MB. Tampa Bay has won their last 3-games and played very well. I just hope Weekes plays the way he did when he played the Devils, when he was in Carolina. I think the Devils could get by Tampa Bay, if they keep scoring the way they have been the last two games.

Buffalo is a different story as they do score lots of goals. Hopefully the Devils play some tight defense and holds those Buffalo scores down for a night. :evil:

Devils will need Brodeur on Saturday night in Detroit if they want to win. If it is just a bruise he maybe back by Saturday in Detroit. Just have to hope for the best and the best in Weekes this week.

Kevin Weekes is a damn fine goalie. He isn't elite, but he isn't a minor leauge goalie.

He's going to play well, but he won't be able to steal 2-1 wins where we get outshot and outchanced.

With Weekes, the Devils will need to open up the offense- win 4-3, 5-4 type games. Despite the neysayers, we do have the ability to play this type of game. We need to play a style that Weekes can play to. We also need to clear the net out like a bulldozer. Not to hate on Weekes, but Brodeur would've stopped the puck that Weekes nearly stopped last night.

When Brodeur comes back, back to business. But we shouldnt pretend we have Brodeur back there. We play the cards we're dealt.

lol i think monday might be stretching it im hoping like a week or so. keeping fingers crossed :urg:

Yes, I agree with that. If Marty did tweak a muscle I'd rather have him sit out some games in November rather than March. If he needs to sit a few games to make sure he is back to form, let him take them off.

Better safe than sorry.

especially with marty id rather be safe than sorry. sutter cant rush him back he is the backbone of the team. its like a baseball team rushing their ace pitcher back its dumb. let him take his time and fully heal. i rushed back from injuries when i played football and ended my career, if u wanna call playin high school ball a career and 6 years later i still have problems from it.

Been around too long and followed this team too long to believe this is just a "bruised elbow". Didn't believe it last night and i don't today, either. This has the makings of another Scott Stevens "Head cold/flu" deal.

It's obviously something more. It has that feeling. When the words "MRI" enter the picture that's a concern. Now, they might be doing one to be absolutely 100% certain it's no more then it is, but i don't like those words.

Been around too long and followed this team too long to believe this is just a "bruised elbow". Didn't believe it last night and i don't today, either. This has the makings of another Scott Stevens "Head cold/flu" deal.

It's obviously something more. It has that feeling. When the words "MRI" enter the picture that's a concern. Now, they might be doing one to be absolutely 100% certain it's no more then it is, but i don't like those words.

Unless you have a broken bone, X-rays are pretty much useless. If you want to see even small problems with joints (ones that can be cleared up with a cortisone shot and physical therapy or even just a small, limited use of the arthroscope and a few weeks of recovery), you need the MRI. That's just the way it is. Even internal soft tissue injuries, small ones, it's the MRI, not the X-ray, that's going to get you your answer most of the time.

Just because they are using it doesn't mean it's the end of the world, although obviously they could also discover a major problem.

I don't think it's a bruised elbow because he didn't fall on it. But if he didn't break something, an X-ray won't really help much. Do you want them to not find out what the problem is but use tests that will make you feel more comfortable?

Just because they are using it doesn't mean it's the end of the world, although obviously they could also discover a major problem.

I don't think it's a bruised elbow because he didn't fall on it. But if he didn't break something, an X-ray won't really help much. Do you want them to not find out what the problem is but use tests that will make you feel more comfortable?

I'm still standing by my claim that it is more then advertised. I pray i'm wrong.

IMO, it's either a hyperexension or ligament. LL should have just said "upper body injury" as he must think we are all blind or this is something that's been hurting for a bit from the physical contact our D let him take and all it took was just wrong reach.

Want to know why i'm not comfortable? Anyone that has played hockey has had a bruised elbow or similar. I've had my share. Everyone's pain threshold is different, but they do hurt, sometimes pretty bad. I was never offered an MRI for a bruised elbow, nor did i need one at any level i've played becuase usually the trainers and medical staff evaluate it as such. However, in some cases like Weekes it was handled wrong or just misdiagnosed. It is what it is, it hurts and you're gone a max of two weeks depending on the person.

It seems Brodeur is worried, hence the texts to Weekes. Better to ask someone that went through it. It either hurt or felt worse then normal and the med staff and Brodeur is not 100% certain it's just a "bruised elbow". Also, depending on what Brodeur told them or felt we don't know because we haven't heard from Brodeur himself, which is either to protect him or gag him. At least with Rolston talked after the game about his injury. I would expect Weekes to get a private chat from LL about that article.

As i said, it never hurts as a precuation to make sure it isn't something more, especially since there's a huge difference between Martin Brodeur and the rest of us beer leaguers. Anytime you hear the word MRI, wheterer it's a precaution or not, that isn't words you want to hear as an athlete or fan.

Edited by SJP20

i can see how this is goin to make every drop to their knees and cry but im not worried yet. Weekes just came through and elbow injury and it sounds like marty was just askin for his view on it. after you get an injury you kinda become somewhat of an expert on it. i received 3 concussions in one football season and after seeing 3 different doctors and going through every neurological test known to man i know a thing or two about them. and i can easily explain possible problems and concerns to people who dont know anything else besides that a concussion has to do with your head. marty probably wanted the opinion of someone who went through a similar situation and who better to ask then your teammate who plays the same position as you.