Al Qaeda Targets Amtrak N'east Corridor

LOULAM1

Brainwashed? My parents were republican, i went to Catholic School, when 9/11 happened, my reaction was kill em all. I wanted Bush to win in 2000 (Mainly because I was young and following my parents, and thought Gore was an unpatriotic pansy, for not other reason than that's what the other side said." Then I read a book or 2, and developed objective thinking skills. I found out maybe I should take "facts" into account when judging issues. I agree with republican's on some issues (small government, fiscal responsibility) but they go and fvck it up.

I would totally take republican's seriously if they were about small government. They tack on a bunch of bullsh!t which just makes it too hard for me to look at them seriously. They put faith over reason for votes.

If Bush looked at facts, we wouldn't be at war with a country that didn't attack us.

We actually have similar stories. Raised by christian and catholic republican parents. Went to Christian private school. Wanted bush to win in 2000, then 2004 because I was young. Then started getting politically involved and decided Democrat was more of the things I viewed and respected. You know, little things like treating people as equals, not forcing fake confessions out of prisoners, caring about people with jobs.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His means of guaranteeing security in the short term kinda disregarded the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, but you can look at it from many different ways.

How so?

Any actual examples?

Or do you just feel smart regurgitating false radical left accusations?

it was an 8 year span between 1993 and 2001 when we were attacked by terrorists. By this logic, are people calamining Clinton protected this country with the same resolve as Bush? Interesting how he didn't need to invade a country to do it. Imagine the security that 600 billion dollars could have provided this country rather then wasting it on a war of attrition. Or think of the thousands of American lives lost to fight a spiteful war.

3,000 Americans died on 9-11.

4,500 Americans have died to avenge them.

At the end of the day I just sum those numbers, innocent people, from our country who didn't need to die. the first half came from a radical sect who perverted and misrepresent a predominantly peaceful religion, and the latter half came from our supposed commander in chief who perverted his powers.

Timothy McVeigh was a catholic, have we been at war with catholicism for the last 13 years?

it was an 8 year span between 1993 and 2001 when we were attacked by terrorists. By this logic, are people calamining Clinton protected this country with the same resolve as Bush? Interesting how he didn't need to invade a country to do it. Imagine the security that 600 billion dollars could have provided this country rather then wasting it on a war of attrition. Or think of the thousands of American lives lost to fight a spiteful war.

At the end of the day I just sum those numbers, innocent people, from our country who didn't need to die. the first half came from a radical sect who perverted and misrepresent a predominantly peaceful religion, and the latter half came from our supposed commander in chief who perverted his powers.

Timothy McVeigh was a catholic, have we been at war with catholicism for the last 13 years?

More liberal cut and paste propaganda.

Edited by SJP20

Say what?

Guess you never heard of the Khobar Towers, the Embassy Bombings, the USS Cole, Somalia............

Peaceful religion? Sure about that?

And the ol' liberal apologist line of equating millions of radical Muslims with one lonely Tim McVeigh.

Say what?

Guess you never heard of the Khobar Towers, the Embassy Bombings, the USS Cole, Somalia............

Oh, well if those count how come these don't? (and for unknown poster, this is cut and paste)

June 14, Karachi, Pakistan: bomb explodes outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12. Linked to al-Qaeda.

May 12, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: suicide bombers kill 34, including 8 Americans, at housing compounds for Westerners. Al-Qaeda suspected.

May 29–31, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists attack the offices of a Saudi oil company in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, take foreign oil workers hostage in a nearby residential compound, leaving 22 people dead including one American.

June 11–19, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists kidnap and execute Paul Johnson Jr., an American, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2 other Americans and BBC cameraman killed by gun attacks.

Dec. 6, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: terrorists storm the U.S. consulate, killing 5 consulate employees. 4 terrorists were killed by Saudi security.

Nov. 9, Amman, Jordan: suicide bombers hit 3 American hotels, Radisson, Grand Hyatt, and Days Inn, in Amman, Jordan, killing 57. Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility.

Sept. 13, Damascus, Syria: an attack by four gunman on the American embassy is foiled.

Jan. 12, Athens, Greece: the U.S. embassy is fired on by an anti-tank missile causing damage but no injuries.

Dec. 11, Algeria: more than 60 people are killed, including 11 United Nations staff members, when Al Qaeda terrorists detonate two car bombs near Algeria's Constitutional Council and the United Nations offices.

May 26, Iraq: a suicide bomber on a motorcycle kills six U.S. soldiers and wounds 18 others in Tarmiya.

June 24, Iraq: a suicide bomber kills at least 20 people, including three U.S. Marines, at a meeting between sheiks and Americans in Karmah, a town west of Baghdad.

June 12, Afghanistan: four American servicemen are killed when a roadside bomb explodes near a U.S. military vehicle in Farah Province.

July 13, Afghanistan: nine U.S.soldiers and at least 15 NATO troops die when Taliban militants boldly attack an American base in Kunar Province, which borders Pakistan. It's the most deadly against U.S. troops in three years.

Aug. 18 and 19, Afghanistan: as many as 15 suicide bombers backed by about 30 militants attack a U.S. military base, Camp Salerno, in Bamiyan. Fighting between U.S. troops and members of the Taliban rages overnight. No U.S. troops are killed.

Sept. 16, Yemen: a car bomb and a rocket strike the U.S. embassy in Yemen as staff arrived to work, killing 16 people, including 4 civilians. At least 25 suspected al-Qaeda militants are arrested for the attack.

Peaceful religion? Sure about that?

No more so then Judaism and Christianity, which I will concede at it's roots all aspire to be peaceful but have managed to be misconstrued by radical individuals through the years to justify their personal agenda's.

And the ol' liberal apologist line of equating millions of radical Muslims with one lonely Tim McVeigh.

Millions of radical Muslims? I think all it took was 18 who planned and executed 9-11. Weren't a dozen from Saudia Arabia? why didn't we invade there? The point is it's all just as absurd, you are using a small minority (less then one percent even if their were millions) to judge a mostly peaceful larger group. You are a police officer, where is your sense of fairness and decency for the hundreds of millions of innocent Muslims, the majority of Muslims, who follow their religion the way it was actually written?

Edited by squishyx

So squish cites acts during a war, where we are responding to equate with Bill "Kick the can down the road..do nothing" Clinton?

I cited acts of terrorism against US properties overseas. I thought when people said we have received no attacks since 9-11 that we weren't counting overseas, in which case Clinton kept this country safe for an 8 year period too.

Either they both count or none, which is it?

I cited acts of terrorism against US properties overseas. I thought when people said we have received no attacks since 9-11 that we weren't counting overseas, in which case Clinton kept this country safe for an 8 year period too.

Either they both count or none, which is it?

1993 WTC

Oh, well if those count how come these don't? (and for unknown poster, this is cut and paste)

June 14, Karachi, Pakistan: bomb explodes outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12. Linked to al-Qaeda.

May 12, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: suicide bombers kill 34, including 8 Americans, at housing compounds for Westerners. Al-Qaeda suspected.

May 29–31, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists attack the offices of a Saudi oil company in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, take foreign oil workers hostage in a nearby residential compound, leaving 22 people dead including one American.

June 11–19, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: terrorists kidnap and execute Paul Johnson Jr., an American, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 2 other Americans and BBC cameraman killed by gun attacks.

Dec. 6, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: terrorists storm the U.S. consulate, killing 5 consulate employees. 4 terrorists were killed by Saudi security.

Nov. 9, Amman, Jordan: suicide bombers hit 3 American hotels, Radisson, Grand Hyatt, and Days Inn, in Amman, Jordan, killing 57. Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility.

Sept. 13, Damascus, Syria: an attack by four gunman on the American embassy is foiled.

Jan. 12, Athens, Greece: the U.S. embassy is fired on by an anti-tank missile causing damage but no injuries.

Dec. 11, Algeria: more than 60 people are killed, including 11 United Nations staff members, when Al Qaeda terrorists detonate two car bombs near Algeria's Constitutional Council and the United Nations offices.

May 26, Iraq: a suicide bomber on a motorcycle kills six U.S. soldiers and wounds 18 others in Tarmiya.

June 24, Iraq: a suicide bomber kills at least 20 people, including three U.S. Marines, at a meeting between sheiks and Americans in Karmah, a town west of Baghdad.

June 12, Afghanistan: four American servicemen are killed when a roadside bomb explodes near a U.S. military vehicle in Farah Province.

July 13, Afghanistan: nine U.S.soldiers and at least 15 NATO troops die when Taliban militants boldly attack an American base in Kunar Province, which borders Pakistan. It's the most deadly against U.S. troops in three years.

Aug. 18 and 19, Afghanistan: as many as 15 suicide bombers backed by about 30 militants attack a U.S. military base, Camp Salerno, in Bamiyan. Fighting between U.S. troops and members of the Taliban rages overnight. No U.S. troops are killed.

Sept. 16, Yemen: a car bomb and a rocket strike the U.S. embassy in Yemen as staff arrived to work, killing 16 people, including 4 civilians. At least 25 suspected al-Qaeda militants are arrested for the attack.

No more so then Judaism and Christianity, which I will concede at it's roots all aspire to be peaceful but have managed to be misconstrued by radical individuals through the years to justify their personal agenda's.

Millions of radical Muslims? I think all it took was 18 who planned and executed 9-11. Weren't a dozen from Saudia Arabia? why didn't we invade there? The point is it's all just as absurd, you are using a small minority (less then one percent even if their were millions) to judge a mostly peaceful larger group. You are a police officer, where is your sense of fairness and decency for the hundreds of millions of innocent Muslims, the majority of Muslims, who follow their religion the way it was actually written?

Good post followed up by facts.

Also, appreciate the logic and reason.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I laughed when I read metallidevils' comment: What's this thread about?

Some of the conservatives on this board are so bad at expressing their views. They just say liberal this and liberal that. What ends up coming out is nonsense instead of common sense.

I think I know what they're trying to say about Islamic terrorism: This is a serious foe, and the U.S. (and any other democratic country for that matter) can't rest on the tenets of individual liberties and political correctness. We won't win. One example: religious profiling. I think it's a good strategy. Many argue that it infringes on individual liberties, and innocent people end up getting scrutinized.

We know that the majority of Muslims are not looking to blow themselves up and take the lives of innocents with them. If an innocent Muslim ends up getting thoroughly searched at an airport because his name is similar to one on a no-fly list, it's collateral damage in the war on terror. The ACLU doesn't want to hear that. But if we did everything the ACLU's way, we wouldn't have a shot against radical Islam.

And a thought on diplomacy. As far as the war against Islamic terrorism, diplomacy IS important ... but with our friends, not our foes. This is where George Bush has come up short. He has weakened our alliances with European countries with his Iraq mistake. I'm hoping that Obama can help repair that, because the U.S. can't take on Islamic terrorism alone.

Only thing that happened on the NEC last night was a sh!tload of delays, extra trains clogging the line, and the drawbridge over the hackensack opened in the middle of all the delays (that thing opens like twice a year for some ships).

A tunnel out of Penn Station lost signals so they had 2 tracks instead of out Westbound so that hurt travel time, NJT canceled/combined a lot of Trenton trains. The entire station was a madhouse. Doesn't help the 26th is the biggest rail travel day of the year. When I went home around midnight they we're just climbing out of the hole started by the delay around 5pm.

Oh yeah and loony libs islam and all that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.