GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Coorslight

Looks like you and I saw the same Devils game tonight Max. ;)

Clemmensen is not to blame for this loss. It was the Devils defense that did them in tonight. It was terrible. Clemmensen played well tonight and should not be pointing fingers at him.

Scoring one goal is what lost the game tonight. Still, Clemmensen could have had goals 1 and 3, thus making it much easier on the rest of the team.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoring one goal is what lost the game tonight. Still, Clemmensen could have had goals 1 and 3, thus making it much easier on the rest of the team.

Lack of scoring and bad defense comes way before the blaming of Clemmensen. Those two alone is the reason for the 4-1 loss. The 1st goal there was no way he or nay goalie would have saved. CMON.

Lack of scoring and bad defense comes way before the blaming of Clemmensen. Those two alone is the reason for the 4-1 loss. The 1st goal there was no way he or nay goalie would have saved. CMON.

what game were you watching?

Lack of scoring and bad defense comes way before the blaming of Clemmensen. Those two alone is the reason for the 4-1 loss.

If you read what I posted, I didn't say Clemmensen is to blame for the loss. I simply said that he should have had the first and third goals (at least one of them), which would have made the game much more manageable.

The 1st goal there was no way he or nay goalie would have saved. CMON.

Are you talking about mite goalies? Then I agree. Otherwise I have no clue what you're talking about.

Edited by devils26

If you read what I posted, I didn't say Clemmensen is to blame for the loss. I simply said that he should have had the first and third goals (at least one of them), which would have made the game much more manageable.

Are you talking about mite goalies? Then I agree. Otherwise I have no clue what you're talking about.

Pittsburgh lost last night and wanted to rebound.... no biggie..... Zubrus was sick and we are not healthy we'll beback.

I know you didn't say you blame Clemmensen for the loss. We both agreed on the lack of scoring and bad defense infront of Clemmensen for the loss. That 1st goal was a tough one to save and what I think is no goalie could have saved a shot like that. it looked bad the 1st goal but it was a hell of a shot and back hand goal by Crosby.

there were plenty of ways he could have stopped the first one.

I really don't agree with you that he played well. I don't think he did in those situations that required him to move. The reason I'm not blaming him for the loss is that none of those 3 situations should have happened if not for idiotic play by defenders.

But on a "should that have been in?" sense, 1 should not have been in, and 3 he didn't play well, basically went out after Malkin while not thinking about what was going on, on the other side of the ice. Don't know if he staying in net would have made a difference, but he gave himself little chance.

I really don't agree with you that he played well. I don't think he did in those situations that required him to move. The reason I'm not blaming him for the loss is that none of those 3 situations should have happened if not for idiotic play by defenders.

But on a "should that have been in?" sense, 1 should not have been in, and 3 he didn't play well, basically went out after Malkin while not thinking about what was going on, on the other side of the ice. Don't know if he staying in net would have made a difference, but he gave himself little chance.

That's because you have no confidence in Clemmensen like I have no confidence in Weekes. If Weekes was in goal it could have been a 6 or 7 goal night for Pittsburgh. :P Just glad to see Sutter sticking with Clemmensen over Weekes. Thank God.

ignore function is your friend, btw. 3 looks worse than it is because he gave crosby the whole net to shoot at, but he probably would've given crosby half the net to shoot at. between tallackson's terrible play and mottau's perhaps even more terrible play (why was he skating backwards when the puck was up at the blue line?), that had a lot more going on. whatever the case, the devils' offense should be the focus today, and i don't think most of those guys had a good game. though they did generate a ton of PP chances.

also i think langenbrunner has had some solid games lately.

That 1st goal was a tough one to save and what I think is no goalie could have saved a shot like that. it looked bad the 1st goal but it was a hell of a shot and back hand goal by Crosby.

The backhand follow up by Crosby was barely harder than a dribbler. In fact Clemmensen knocked it in with his hand, so you know he was close to it.

Defense looked like horse droppings, they let the two butt bumpers run all through them. Regarding Clemmensen goals 1 and 3 should have never gotten off in the first place. Careless idiotic errors. The power play is piss poor even though Salmela had the best scoring chances. Shxt this kid has it blistering shot, one timers skill. The team is learning to play without Marty, once he gets back the rest of the league better watch out. There is going to be one hell of a team out there and its from NJ.

Defense looked like horse droppings, they let the two butt bumpers run all through them. Regarding Clemmensen goals 1 and 3 should have never gotten off in the first place. Careless idiotic errors. The power play is piss poor even though Salmela had the best scoring chances. Shxt this kid has it blistering shot, one timers skill. The team is learning to play without Marty, once he gets back the rest of the league better watch out. There is going to be one hell of a team out there and its from NJ.

Welcome, Its truely unbelievable Samela doesnt have a goal. And how the pp didnt cash one in is a great mystery to me. Whether its Elias hitting the post, wide shots, or just not being in the correct position for a rebound. Clemmer played pretty well. However, Clemmensen cant be trying to pull of the Marty Brodeur pokecheck every time a player has a breakaway. GOD, you think he'd learn the first time Crosby scored. And how the fvck did Matt Cooke get away with drilling Parise four seconds after dumping in the puck. If it was Crosby who got hit, the player who did that would have been exiled to Siberia, or some sh!t like that. Sorry for the rant folks :doh1:

also i think langenbrunner has had some solid games lately.

Amen brother, amen. Funny people love to bash players and yell "trade 'em", "strip him of the C or A", or demote him... but when someone else gets into the hot seat or they start performing well than nothing about them... not a positive remark.

All and all, it is hard for Clemmensen to keep the team in there when you don't score. Regardless of whose fault the goals were, they are a team and it wasn't the team's best effort as a team. I didn't think Clemmensen played that poorly. I haven't checked, but I don't think the guy has seen 50 NHL games as a starter. The Devils would've been wise to play him and/or Weekes more previous to the injury. Until this season, backing up Brodeur was one of best paying/least amount of work jobs out there.

Anyone who thinks Crosby is a great player to build a team around should take a look at his diving celebration on an open net hat trick. C'mon. His minor penalty for roughing on Rupp? Please. Rupp should've pounded the kid, but where was the extra penalty for wearing a visor? Someone is really going to run him and I'm sorry to say, I can't wait for it. This NHL putting all their eggs in a basket with this kid is wrong. Semin said it best. There are far too many other great players that are overlooked because everything is CROSBY still.

I eagerly await the next Pens and Devils meeting however.

His minor penalty for roughing on Rupp? Please. Rupp should've pounded the kid, but where was the extra penalty for wearing a visor?

i think you meant to say "where was his penalty for hauling down (holding) Rupp in the first place?"

he got total star treatment on that play. Rupp deserved every opportunity to equal what Crosby did without getting a penalty because, after all, Crosby was the one who illegally took him down!

Amen brother, amen. Funny people love to bash players and yell "trade 'em", "strip him of the C or A", or demote him... but when someone else gets into the hot seat or they start performing well than nothing about them... not a positive remark.

All and all, it is hard for Clemmensen to keep the team in there when you don't score. Regardless of whose fault the goals were, they are a team and it wasn't the team's best effort as a team. I didn't think Clemmensen played that poorly. I haven't checked, but I don't think the guy has seen 50 NHL games as a starter. The Devils would've been wise to play him and/or Weekes more previous to the injury. Until this season, backing up Brodeur was one of best paying/least amount of work jobs out there.

Anyone who thinks Crosby is a great player to build a team around should take a look at his diving celebration on an open net hat trick. C'mon. His minor penalty for roughing on Rupp? Please. Rupp should've pounded the kid, but where was the extra penalty for wearing a visor? Someone is really going to run him and I'm sorry to say, I can't wait for it. This NHL putting all their eggs in a basket with this kid is wrong. Semin said it best. There are far too many other great players that are overlooked because everything is CROSBY still.

We get it..you hate Crosby. However, the plays he and Malkin made were just out of this league. They really put on a show.Say what you want about marketing or what not, but he made some increidble plays. The first goal and the pass to sykora over Oduya's stick are things only a few people can only dream to do.

As for Clemmer. He was very good at times, but tried way too hard with the stupid poke checks which aren't going to work against the best in the world. Probably stops both goals if he doesn't try any of that.

Clemmer's actually gotten alot of work the last two seasons. Between the Marlies and his cup of coffee with the Leafs last season, counting the AHL playoffs, he had more than 60 appearences, and I think he played in (but may not have started) every Lowell game before his callup.

So, I mean, there's obviously a difference between the two leagues, but he's not lacking for work.

Weekes, on the other hand, I think his only appearence in 2008 before Marty went down was in that game late in last season where Marty lost an edge. He's mainly been using his blocker to hide snacks.

Most of you lot get down on the team too quickly its bloody stupid. We are not going to win every game with the injuries we have had and even some of the best teams lose and dont play well, Detroit.

Who knows, we may play well against the Flyers and win. Everyones saying we will win one ofe the next 5 etc, get over yourselves, noone knows what will happen.

We had a win streak of 5 against teams who are expected to be beaten yes,but just cos we lose to a good Pens team everyone starts to panic.

The loss didnt do us that much harm with Carolina, Sabres and Flyers all losing the teams we are chasing and being chased by.

Rant over

Poke Checks: Marty yes. Clems No.

The Pens announcers seemed convinced that things would have been different with Madden in the lineup.

Oduya: :puke:

Langs: :clap: ( standing up for Parise was especially nice)

Beer: Sam Adams Holiday Collection

Rally Christmas Tree Jersey: Put on after the 2nd. No effect.

I'm certainly not cashing it in. To be honest I didn't expect to win against the Penguins, I only expected a good showing and we got that for maybe 40-45 mins last night. Not really enough to excite me but they did try hard, the Pens are just too good for us right now especially when not fully healthy. The first goal killed us. I really think it could have been a different game if that goal didn't happen.

We can't think of the "would've/should've"s though. Look forward to the next game against the Flyers. Prepare and do your superstition rituals!

I'll take blame for this loss, my GDT wasn't up to par in my eyes. With the holiday season under-way I didn't have the time to put in the effort that it deserved. (I work retail, so alot longer hours then usual and had a family event to attend early game day morning) Maybe, if I had more time and put in a better effort the Devils would've won.

It's absolutely not the end of the world. I think they are over exceeding our expectations with the injuries. I'm done with my "It's 9am and my stupid GF woke me up out of my druken stuper so I grabbed a beer and started drinking again" rant. I leave you with this one last thought.

We are the "weak" team right now. We are the ones that the teams we're facing "should" beat. The Devils need to do 1 thing and 1 thing only...PROVE THEM WRONG!!! LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

P.S. Reread it...not much of a rant but w/e lol, also I'll take blame for Crosby's hat trick. I think he got offended by the hippie comment :o

Edited by Coorslight

P.S. Reread it...not much of a rant but w/e lol, also I'll take blame for Crosby's hat trick. I think he got offended by the hippie comment :o

Eh I think Crosby was just enjoying not having to deal with Madden for a night :P

I vote for you starting all game threads win or lose, until you run out of good ideas for your intial post anyway :lol:

Eh I think Crosby was just enjoying not having to deal with Madden for a night :P

I vote for you starting all game threads win or lose, until you run out of good ideas for your intial post anyway :lol:

I've already run out of good ideas...but Philty isn't hard to make fun of and I got 4 days so maybe I got 1 left in me LMAO