Greene

Elias26

I'm starting to think that upgrading him would be the final piece to the puzzle. Someone like a Havelid, a vet that is on the last year of his contract would fit nice.

Mike Green or Andy GREENE. Are you even a Devils fan. This is horrible.

Edited by CMONBRENT

What does the guy on the Capitals have to do with the Devils? Sure, Green would help the Devils a ton but the Caps aren't moving him. :lol:

Hes talkin about Andy Greene I think..

edit: oops wrong player, Havelid does play D.

Edited by nmigliore

They have been playing Greene all season with the hopes of finding a taker.

He's just not scoring anything to help the Devil's cause, despite pp time.

And yes, the concept is to trade your #7 d-man for a number 1, 2 or 3. That's every team's final "piece of the puzzle."

Mike Green or Andy GREENE. Are you even a Devils fan. This is horrible.

Oh you caught me. Pat yourself on the back for me.

I'm just saying the cup run would be a lot easier if Greene got upgraded. It would take more then just Greene maybe some prospects or pics as well.

Edited by Elias26

25 year olds who are 18 months from UFA and have established themselves as a fringe regular aren't exactly in demand. they're using greene because they think he's the best player available. that said i think it's even money he's not on the team in march, though niclas havelid certainly has his ups and downs and plays softer than a kitten.

25 year olds who are 18 months from UFA and have established themselves as a fringe regular aren't exactly in demand. they're using greene because they think he's the best player available. that said i think it's even money he's not on the team in march, though niclas havelid certainly has his ups and downs and plays softer than a kitten.

agreed.... my point exactly... they are playing him because he's just a very small smidgen better than Leach and they are hoping he can get some points up there so he will become worth something

agreed.... my point exactly... they are playing him because he's just a very small smidgen better than Leach and they are hoping he can get some points up there so he will become worth something

if he gets some points up there, the devils should keep him. if he doesn't, he's worth very little in trade. the devils can maybe jump up a round in the draft, value-wise, with whatever greene does between now and the trading deadline. the value to greene is that he can play the PP credibly.

i don't know why they haven't sent leach back to lowell yet - i guess because he's waiver-eligible.

I would think an upgrade is likely by the trade deadline. Greene is not awful but not great. His decision-making with the puck could be better, for sure.

I'm not impressed with Greene, he's been given a long enough opportunity to prove himself, it's time for a change....I'd even use Pando in his place lol.. but seriously we need an upgrade on D

I'm not impressed with Greene, he's been given a long enough opportunity to prove himself, it's time for a change....I'd even use Pando in his place lol.. but seriously we need an upgrade on D

Yeah, I agree with you. Funny, right when he came back from his injury, he was pretty decent for the first few games. He's been 'eh' since then.

We're getting Green for Greene?!??!?!?!!??! YIPPIESERZ!!!!!!!

Knowing Lou he'd just use a magic marker to fix the "E" on the uniform and use the same jersey, same number

Yeah, I agree with you. Funny, right when he came back from his injury, he was pretty decent for the first few games. He's been 'eh' since then.

I think this was Lou's plan with our Dmen, have a bunch of guys who play themselves into and out of the lineup, guys who look good for awhile and when they start falling put them out of the lineup.

if he gets some points up there, the devils should keep him. if he doesn't, he's worth very little in trade. the devils can maybe jump up a round in the draft, value-wise, with whatever Greene does between now and the trading deadline. the value to greene is that he can play the PP credibly.

i don't know why they haven't sent leach back to lowell yet - i guess because he's waiver-eligible.

Leach hasn't been sent back because he's our 7th d-man...Brookbank ain't seeing the back line again unless 2 guys go down.

W.r.t. Greene, I know this is making a fine point but the are playing him on the pp a lot... they figure that will get him a *few* points which may make him tradeable... but he's not a keeper unless he grabs a lot of points for us....which is not going to happen

Leach hasn't been sent back because he's our 7th d-man...Brookbank ain't seeing the back line again unless 2 guys go down.

W.r.t. Greene, I know this is making a fine point but the are playing him on the pp a lot... they figure that will get him a *few* points which may make him tradeable... but he's not a keeper unless he grabs a lot of points for us....which is not going to happen

What sucks is he was good 2 years ago, especially in the playoffs. I wonder if that was a fluke, or if he lost his confidence when he got benched last year. Either way, he's not the same player.

i don't think he's even doing that - pretty sure salmela is still #8 on the depth chart.

i just disagree here. greene is playing the PP either because they think he's the best guy for the job or more likely they want the other defensemen to play at even strength. his trade value will barely twitch if he gets a few points. he's a spare part-ish defenseman with potentially correctable flaws. he's worth between a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

In his 20 games since he has come back Greene is:

20 GP 0 G 1 A 1 P 10 PIM 0 +/- 11 SOG

Considering he is playing on the PP his numbers are almost damning.

1 assists and only 11 SOG is really bad for a guy on the PP.

White even averages just about 1 SOG. Salmela was averaging almost 2 SOG a game.

Greene is good. He can play the Point, and he's cheap. He still is recovering from his injury (pre injury he was playing incredibly well) I want to keep him around in case Oduya leaves this offseason as a RFA. I hate trading for these old D men and plugging them into a system and team they are uncomfortable/familiar with. Greene is a nice young/cheap piece to have, I don't see Havelid as an upgrade.

In his 20 games since he has come back Greene is:

20 GP 0 G 1 A 1 P 10 PIM 0 +/- 11 SOG

Considering he is playing on the PP his numbers are almost damning.

1 assists and only 11 SOG is really bad for a guy on the PP.

White even averages just about 1 SOG. Salmela was averaging almost 2 SOG a game.

in fairness greene has not been playing the PP every game and the devils have been receiving almost no power plays. i wouldn't be surprised if greene's PP time were under 1:30 per game in the last 10.