Will Clemmer demand a trade?

king bun

As we all know Brodeur is close to a return. When this happen clemmer will likely get shafted. Lou probably wants to hold on to clemmer in case brodie gets hurt again, but what if clemmer feels he

wants to play in the playoffs? Can Lou really deny him a trade if he wants out ,he has the stats to take the starting job or contend at atleast a few teams in playoff contention.

The teams who might be intrested in a trade are: (my take)

Anaheim

Player Team GP W L OT SA GA GAA Sv Sv% SO G A PIM TOI

1 Jonas Hiller ANA 29 14 11 1 747 56 2.17 691 .925 4 0 0 0 1,549:48

2 J Giguere ANA 34 14 13 4 985 93 2.98 892 .906 2 0 0 2 1,873:50

Edmonton

1 Dwayne Roloson EDM 37 18 13 4 1084 93 2.76 991 .914 1 0 0 4 2,021:00

2 Jeff Drouin-De EDM 8 3 2 0 225 25 3.57 200 .889 0 0 1 0 419:48

Carolina

1 Cam Ward CAR 41 21 16 3 1150 101 2.53 1049 .912 3 0 0 4 2,397:25

2 M Leighton CAR 15 6 6 2 437 44 3.03 393 .899 0 0 0 4 871:04

Florida

Tomas Vokoun FLA 38 16 15 3 1108 90 2.63 1018 .919 3 0 0 0 2,054:43

Craig Anderson FLA 23 10 4 5 676 48 2.49 628 .929 3 0 1 2 1,157:26

Buffalo

1 Ryan Miller BUF 46 26 14 5 1387 112 2.46 1275 .919 5 0 0 4 2,729:55

2 Patrick Lalime BUF 11 2 7 1 292 32 3.17 260 .890 0 0 0 0 604:42

I feel that chicago also might have an intrest if they can trade one of their other goalies, so they will have solid backup and free up some capspace. Clemmensens best shot at the starting job is with edmonton or anaheim. What do u think? and what may we get in return? If we deal with anaheim I hope its a package for nieds or pronger.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida and Ana already have unproven flash in the pans playing well, why would they trade for another? Buffalo and Carolina aren't bumping their main guys for Clemmy. What piece could EDM possibly give up to let Clemmy get 35-40% of their starts that the Devils would be interested in? a 4th rounder?

It's also funny that you call Clemmy riding pine to let one of the greatest goalies of all time play getting the "shaft"

So I'll say the most you could hope for would be a 4th, maybe a 3rd if Lou has his mojo working.

Of course i dont expect clemmy to play instead of brodeur as I hope for brodie to play well. I just mean that cleemer probably feels that he can be a starter or atleast contend for it on a other team then the devils because its impossible for him to take brodeurs place

Free agent at seasons end. He'll get his shot then. Right now a healthy Brodure means a chance to make a cup run. He will be going nowhere.

Totally agreed. I really don't see why Lou would get rid of him at this point. Yes, he may be forced to sit for the rest of the season or be sent back to the minors, but Lou is not concerned with Clem's feelings, he is only going to do what is best for the team. He will surely walk in the off-season since we have Weekes as our backup already. On that note, I really hope that we draft a couple of goalies in the next draft to refill our farm with talent.

Totally agreed. I really don't see why Lou would get rid of him at this point. Yes, he may be forced to sit for the rest of the season or be sent back to the minors, but Lou is not concerned with Clem's feelings, he is only going to do what is best for the team. He will surely walk in the off-season since we have Weekes as our backup already. On that note, I really hope that we draft a couple of goalies in the next draft to refill our farm with talent.

you realize we had an AHL All-Star goalie this year right?? :evil:

you realize we had an AHL All-Star goalie this year right?? :evil:

Can you honestly say that a 22 year old who has been toiling in the minors for years is our future when Brodeur leaves? I assume that Lou can come up with someone better than that.

Edited by Hammer

Didn't Heut go for a second rounder? Never know when a team might get desperate.

A few points/questions:

If Clemmer was sent back down to Lowell, and the NJ Devils did win the Stanley Cup, would Clemmers name be on it, since hes played a certain amount of games with the Devils this season?

If Clemmer was traded to Anaheim, expect Nieds in the deal somehow, even if we had to send someone with Clemmer.

p-clemmensen.jpg

Clemmer in a Ducks Jersey??

Can you honestly say that a 22 year old who has been toiling in the minors for years is our future when Brodeur leaves? I assume that Lou can come up with someone better than that.

Toiling in the minors for years? This is is first season in professional hockey.

Edited by DevRickus

For years? This is his first real year in the minors and he is doing great.........I'd imagine he'll do another year down there then join Brodeur on the bench and will be getting play time as Brodeur takes some time off (he has to at some point right?) in the final coupla years of Brodeur's contract, then hopefully Frazee can take over. Seems like good timing all round.

If Clemmer was sent back down to Lowell, and the NJ Devils did win the Stanley Cup, would Clemmers name be on it, since hes played a certain amount of games with the Devils this season?

There is a league minimum of games played needed to have his name on the cup. I think it over 40+ games, but I am not entirely sure off the top of my head. It may also be up to the team to include a player if they do not play in the playoffs. If he (Clemmensen) plays in ONLY one game in the playoffs than he gets his name on the cup. You also get your name on the cup if you are the back-up goalie during the playoffs as well.

Clemmer will NOT demand a trade because it would be pure folly. Lou is too smart to deal him as he is needed/proven back-up.

Clemmer will stay (I think he appreciates having his career saved by Lou). Also, if we win the Cup he will have much more clout in the marketplace.

There is a league minimum of games played needed to have his name on the cup. I think it over 40+ games, but I am not entirely sure off the top of my head. It may also be up to the team to include a player if they do not play in the playoffs. If he (Clemmensen) plays in ONLY one game in the playoffs than he gets his name on the cup. You also get your name on the cup if you are the back-up goalie during the playoffs as well.

I'm pretty sure it's not any game in the playoffs but it has to be in the Stanely cup finals to get auto added to the cup.

You can also petition to have a players name on the cup for various reasons, if Clemmer were to be sent down (and he would never make it through waivers) he would def be added to the cup if he was still with the organization.

toiling??

how the hell do you toil in the minors at 22??? :blink:

toiling??

how the hell do you toil in the minors at 22??? :blink:

What I meant is that he will be in his mid-twenties by the time we need another goalie. Lots of goalies start playing in the NHL when they are 19-20, Marc Andre Fleury and Rick Dipietro being recent examples. Didn't even Brodeur start in the league when he was 20 or so?

What I meant is that he will be in his mid-twenties by the time we need another goalie. Lots of goalies start playing in the NHL when they are 19-20, Marc Andre Fleury and Rick Dipietro being recent examples. Didn't even Brodeur start in the league when he was 20 or so?

Goalies typically take longer to develop than position players and most don't peak until their late 20s or early 30s. The 2 examples you gave were #1 overall draft picks and there was pressure to get them up to the big club ASAP. Frazee's development timeline is right in line guys like Nabakov, Kipper, Ryan Miller & Marty Turco.

Also, considering that goalie don't typically peak until they are eligable for UFA status, high picks should be used sparingly on them.

I don't think the 40+ game thing applies to goalies, otherwise no backup goalie would ever have his name on the Cup. It's probably a certain amount of time on the active roster but I'm not sure of the particulars of the number of games a goalie has to play.

Goalies typically take longer to develop than position players and most don't peak until their late 20s or early 30s. The 2 examples you gave were #1 overall draft picks and there was pressure to get them up to the big club ASAP. Frazee's development timeline is right in line guys like Nabakov, Kipper, Ryan Miller & Marty Turco.

Also, considering that goalie don't typically peak until they are eligable for UFA status, high picks should be used sparingly on them.

basically this. throw in the seasons that conklin, thomas, steve mason, craig anderson, and clemmensen are having, and i'm not sure if a high pick should be used on a goalie ever at this point. i can't tell if this year is a fluke or what's to come - what i do know is that about half the starting goalies in the NHL were either undrafted or not highly touted.