Antoine Vermette Traded for Pascal Leclaire

devilsrule33

yeah that's a fine trade. i think vermette is a solid player. i don't like the fact that columbus generally seems to be piling up forwards of dubious worth, but leclaire is basically an anchor and if you can move an anchor for a lesser anchor you do it.

I can see Leclaire for Vermette, but why did Columbus throw in a pick as well? That was stupid. Columbus loses this one.

My thought was the uncertainty over Leclaires injury, the Sens would have wanted something else in return incase he flops.

And given Ottawa's history of $hitting the bed when it comes to aquiring goaltenders it was probably a good idea.

Great trade for Columbus, if they are serious about the playoffs this was a great move.

Leclaire is signed on for one more season at like 3.8 million. Add him to the list of mediocre goalies getting overpaid in Ottawa. I don't like this move for them as much, a 2nd is a nice prize I guess and Vermette was a FA, but I'd rather try and lock him up as I think he's really good.

Great trade for Columbus, if they are serious about the playoffs this was a great move.

Leclaire is signed on for one more season at like 3.8 million. Add him to the list of mediocre goalies getting overpaid in Ottawa. I don't like this move for them as much, a 2nd is a nice prize I guess and Vermette was a FA, but I'd rather try and lock him up as I think he's really good.

Ottawa should've went for Clemmer. (if Lou was willing)

My thought was the uncertainty over Leclaires injury, the Sens would have wanted something else in return incase he flops.

And given Ottawa's history of $hitting the bed when it comes to aquiring goaltenders it was probably a good idea.

Exactly, Leclaire is always getting hurt and Mason has been playing like a stud. This is a great move for Columbus. Vermette is better than his stats show. He is a solid special teams player and this is the area Columbus is weakest. He will probably be paired with Nash, which will be the best center he has ever played with.

GO DEVILS!!!

I think its a bit much that Columbus threw the second round pick in there, this could have been done without it possibly. However I understand the argument that Ottawa is 'selling' and Columbus is 'buying' when you're giving up a solid winger who could be great with Nash for someone is a backup goalie at the moment. Although he very well may be a solid starter, and has shown flashes of it.