GDT: 3/23/09 - New Jersey @ Philadelphia - 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and BINGO was his name-o.

i really just hope that this whole year is a result of the injury and this is not what we have to look forward to for 3 more years/

I actually believe a large part of his bad play is because of his injury. Like someone else said before, he's too easy to pressure. Ankle injuries are very tricky. I'm not making excuses for him. But I don't think his bad play is solely as a result of his "lack of compete" level. He's also been moved from line to line and hasn't had any stability. It's not easy to do that.

...and BINGO was his name-o.

i really just hope that this whole year is a result of the injury and this is not what we have to look forward to for 3 more years/

I actually believe a large part of his bad play is because of his injury. Like someone else said before, he's too easy to pressure. Ankle injuries are very tricky. I'm not making excuses for him. But I don't think his bad play is solely as a result of his "lack of compete" level. He's also been moved from line to line and hasn't had any stability. It's not easy to do that.

Rolston had similar results the first time with the Devils before making any money although yes he does seem to skate with his head up his butt far too often. I swear it's something about putting this uniform on with him. He obviously wasn't this bad shooting in Boston or Minnesota.

I hope to hell Sutter benches Holik at least once before the playoffs, cause he's scaring me to death right now. Rupp isn't much better. Pando's clueless offensively and terrible on the PK now that he's lost a step but at least he doesn't take penalties himself :whistling:

Like CR said first two-game losing streak in over two months...but they need this three day break to refocus and get their butts in gear for the stretch run, with Washington's schedule they may well be the #3 seed and they better watch out that the Flyers don't get any closer.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing re: Rolston tonight. I'm giving him a pass on this year (to date) and hoping for the best. He can still right himself.

The more I saw Holik, the more I wanted his ass glued to the pine. I really let loose with the four-letter frothings when I saw him out there at the end.

The three days off come at a great time. Like you say, refocus and get it going. No reason to panic even a little.

sutter said if the game mattered, he would've played. i have no problem with elias missing the game. frankly, i don't even have that much of a problem that they lost. it's HOW they lost and specific players that were bad and/or stupid.

I have to agree with you Sundstrom on it's HOW the Devils lost this game tonight. Special teams especially the PK is a major concern right now for the Devils and they better fix it before the playoffs start. The PP was missing Elias tonight and still going 1 for 8 was unacceptable-therefore the loss tonight.

As far as Elias, it is still a big division game and with the win they would have had the divison up by 11-points. Now the Flyers only trail by 7-points to make the stretch run very interesting.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing re: Rolston tonight. I'm giving him a pass on this year (to date) and hoping for the best. He can still right himself.

The more I saw Holik, the more I wanted his ass glued to the pine. I really let loose with the four-letter frothings when I saw him out there at the end.

The three days off come at a great time. Like you say, refocus and get it going. No reason to panic even a little.

I'm much more willing to give Rolston a pass than Holik. Holik has truly been a goat this year. I'm also glad I'm not the only one refusing to jump on board the Rolston bashing bandwagon. I guess we'll have to wait and see how he does down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Rolston doesn't deserve the bashing? What are you, his mom? He's committing highway robbery right now... as someone else mentioned, his level of "compete" is probably in the negatives. He goes in soft for every puck, he unleashes a shot 2 feet wide, and he glides around the ice like he's high. We're paying this fraud a countless number of undeserved dollar bills, he deserves all the bashing we're dishing out.

He has been inconsistent this season but I wonder how much of that is the injury. Comparing his contract to that of Gomez seems a little extreme. Like I said before, center is not the right position for him. He really is more effective on the wing. I guess my initial point was the 2 losses were the result of more than just Rolston. I won't argue that at times he looks lost out there. However, poor penalties and an even poorer PK, coupled with the fact that our powerplay sucks right now is why we are losing

well, they went through the first stretch of the murder run 2-3. I wanted 2-2-1. Don't see how they can go through the second much better than 3-2-1 or something like that. Gotta win on Friday, at least they should have legs for the first time in awhile.

this is really gonna test Sutter, whether he can resist the pull to do something totally retarded. they do need ST work in practice, but so much of what they're doing wrong is mental. some of the reads, like Sal's on the 2nd goal, I just don't understand. if they made common sense plays, the game is still going. they must be mentally zonked.

by the time the Flyers lost their legs too, it was too late.

you do realize that Sutter pulled him out of the last game, right? okay. I'm surprised with all of your sources you didn't know that. Calling out people's toughness when they haven't missed a game all season is pretty fvcking lame.

relax...I knew he was pulled out of the last game especially when the 4th goal was scored. I was just asking about Elias and how bad his injury or "lower body soreness" was. If this was a non-division game and didn't matter in the division standings, I wouldn't care that Elias sat for that game. Tonight was a big division game and rivalry that the Devils with a win could have clinched a playoff berth and practically wrap up the division. I was just as surprised as many of us were here when we heard the news that he was sitting out.

Florida did lose tonight in OT to Carolina 3-2, so the Devils clinched a playoff berth tonight with the Florida loss I believe... :koolaid:

Edited by SatansDevils

We've had a great season, but we are an overrated 4 line team. When Parise's game gets halted, rarely does someone step up. Rolston, Zubrus and Gionta's off years have really been masked by Parise, Elias, and Zajac.

Zubrus has pissed me off all year. Tonight he takes the puck from behind the net and Gionta is camping out right in the slot...and for some reason he is circling and protecting the puck with his back to the play even with no one on him. He completely misses Gionta.

I don't know how the voting goes down, but Parise should definitiely get the third nomination for the MVP award.

And Rupp is back to playing like crap. He has been so irrelevant for a while now. He just has no game.

relax...I knew he was pulled out of the last game especially when the 4th goal was scored. I was just asking about Elias and how bad his injury or "lower body soreness" was. If this was a non-division game and didn't matter in the division standings, I wouldn't care that Elias sat for that game. Tonight was a big division game and rivalry that the Devils with a win could have clinched a playoff berth and practically wrap up the division. I was just as surprised as many of us were here when we heard the news that he was sitting out.

Florida did lose tonight in OT to Carolina 3-2, so the Devils clinched a playoff berth tonight with the Florida loss I believe... :koolaid:

why were you surprised? the second I saw Pando and Shanny playing I know exactly who wasn't.

It just wasn't good all around for the team today. 5 on 5 they played pretty good, nothing special. But Specialty teams were horrendous today and Marty didn't help by letting in that softy. Its very hard to let this go, but the devils need to get going again. I'm sure Elias and white coming back in the line up will give them a kick on Friday. I'm gonna try not to think about this team for the next three days. :evilcry:

Florida has played 73 games and currently has 81 points. 82-73 = 9. If they win out, they'll have 99 points (9 x 2 = 18; 81 + 18 = 99). The Devils currently have 97 points. So we haven't clinched yet. We need one win, or the Panthers need one loss. We're guaranteed to have the first tie breaker which is wins.

It just wasn't good all around for the team today. 5 on 5 they played pretty good, nothing special. But Specialty teams were horrendous today and Marty didn't help by letting in that softy. Its very hard to let this go, but the devils need to get going again. I'm sure Elias and white coming back in the line up will give them a kick on Friday. I'm gonna try not to think about this team for the next three days. :evilcry:

The Hawks will give us a kick too if we don't show up, a kick in the ass that is.

I'm going to be kind when I say Brodeur is the worst goalie when the puck is behind the net. Its his biggest weakness.

I agree 100 percent. That is one area in which Clemmensen was better -- at least for this season. As soon as a pass would come from behind the net, Clemmer would immediately set himself and hug those posts.

Obviously, tonight wasn't all Marty's fault, but had he been on his game, it would've still been 2-2 at the end of regulation.

I agree 100 percent. That is one area in which Clemmensen was better -- at least for this season. As soon as a pass would come from behind the net, Clemmer would immediately set himself and hug those posts.

Obviously, tonight wasn't all Marty's fault, but had he been on his game, it would've still been 2-2 at the end of regulation.

I don't think the 3rd goal was Marty's fault either. Gagne's goal was a weak goal he should have stopped.

:huh: Im confused as to why some of you blame Marty for the loss. As I recall, at least two or three of the Flyers goals gave him NO chance for a save. The problem we had tonight was our lack of smart defensive decisions. We also gave the Flyers too many power play chances (which they converted on 3 of them, a bulk of their points) After the First period it was clear that the Flyers would only be able to score with the man advantage.

BUt enough of the negative, at least this will help us tighten up our weakpoints. Not to mention how motivated the team will be to win the next game.

:gd:

The Flyhers were absolutely pumped up and came out DOMINATING the 2nd.

The Devils were S-L-O-P-P-Y with their passes ALL game. We were lucky to be in it thru 2.

Amazing sucky loss there. I hope Sutter makes them feel this one!

I CAN NOT STAND being in that building when we lose! ARGH! :puke:

Edited by Masked Fan

:huh: Im confused as to why some of you blame Marty for the loss. As I recall, at least two or three of the Flyers goals gave him NO chance for a save. The problem we had tonight was our lack of smart defensive decisions. We also gave the Flyers too many power play chances (which they converted on 3 of them, a bulk of their points) After the First period it was clear that the Flyers would only be able to score with the man advantage.

BUt enough of the negative, at least this will help us tighten up our weakpoints. Not to mention how motivated the team will be to win the next game.

:gd:

Who's blaming Marty for the loss?

I don't think the 3rd goal was Marty's fault either. Gagne's goal was a weak goal he should have stopped.

My bad. I didn't realize that Carter tipped in Philly's third goal. The Versus replays weren't too clear when I first watched it. I had thought that Marty had gotten beat cleanly.

Nevertheless, had Marty not let in that fourth goal, Sutter might've pulled him for an extra attacker at the end while Philly was tiring, and who knows then what would've happened.

But I would not say that the loss was Marty's fault. There was plenty of blame to go around.

Edited by 95Crash