Rangers Suck Chant

DEV1LDR1VER

I love the "Rangers Suck!" chant as much as anyone. It is fun, especially when see Rag jerseys at The Rock while the Blueskirts have an important game of their own going on. Real fans. But people were singing the chant on the way out after the loss to Carolina last week. Of course the Rags have sucked, still suck, and will suck. But is it not the right time to have them on the mind when the Devs lose after being 6:55 away from a shutout?

Should house rules be: No Rags chant after loss?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of become "our thing". I mean, Ranger fans still chant "Potvin sucks" and the guy has been retired for over 20 years. Not to mention they do it every game- not just when they're playing the Islanders. It's "their thing". "Rangers suck" has become "our thing".

agreed

We should chant every game, few times a game. We as Devils fans HATE the rangers and we need to show it every game!

RANGERS SUCK!

Let's get creative and use whatever team is playing against the Devils that night.(ie tonight: Light ning suck!)

Then we can really go crazy and sometimes insert the Devils! (ie shutout loss to Atlanta this year.) :wacko: On second thought lets not go that far. With some of our fanbase the Devils Suck chants would start if the Devils lose the opening face-off.) :P

Edited by Rock

Honestly, I applaud the people that feel obligated to get the rest of the crowd loud and crazy. At football games, I'm as loud as anyone else when my team is on defense. However, most people aren't like that at hockey games...those games are more like a chess match, and I sometimes find myself too engrossed in the game to sing or yell along with other people.

That being said, the fact that the majority of the noise comes from upper deck whistling is pretty embarrassing. I'd imagine the team doesn't get pumped up by that, or any 'Rangers Suck' chant. I find myself every game sneaking down from the upper deck to the lower bowl because I'd rather sit with the people who only go to a few games a season and are actually enjoying the play on ice, than the guys who find themselves at every game and feel that it is their duty to whistle during half the damn game.

I think this chant is overused, but I can't stand the people who call other Devils fans insecure for worrying about the Rangers. Do you people think Rangers fans are insecure when they do the "MARTYYYYY" chant after every single friggin goal he gives up? This is just another case of Devils fans trying to prove that they are better Devils fans than other Devils fans.

I think this chant is overused, but I can't stand the people who call other Devils fans insecure for worrying about the Rangers. Do you people think Rangers fans are insecure when they do the "MARTYYYYY" chant after every single friggin goal he gives up? This is just another case of Devils fans trying to prove that they are better Devils fans than other Devils fans.

If New York and Philadelphia sports fans were slightly more insecure or aware of their actions, maybe the rest of the country wouldn't hate them so much.

If this chant was only done at Rangers games, not a problem.

When it's done 30 times when we're down 4-0 it's the most annoying thing you've ever heard. I'm so done with that chant and think it's time for others to move on as well!

But people were singing the chant on the way out after the loss to Carolina last week.

Should house rules be: No Rags chant after loss?

Where was this taking place? In the corridors? On the stairwells after the game? If so, it was probably just pissed-off Devils fans blowing off steam after a loss. They needed to vent.

But if it was happening in the closing minutes of the game -- when what we really needed most were some pro-Devils chants -- then I would agree with you.

Considering that there is always one Rangers fan at any devils game I go to. And that one fan is usually rocking a Rangers jersey. I give people the benefit of the doubt when I hear the chant. Not to mention it usually makes me giggle. lol

Edited by Biggie B

Considering that there is always one Rangers fan at any devils game I go to. And that one fan is usually rocking a Rangers jersey. I give people the benefit of the doubt when I hear the chant. Not to mention it usually makes me giggle. lol

You just described my brother :whistling: