GDT: 4/23 - New Jersey Devils vs. Carolina Hurricanes - Game 5 ECQF

mikeford

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now hopefully we can get the Captain back for Game 6 and end this damn thing.

Yeah, what's the prognosis for getting Sal and Langs back? Are we in any position to be hopeful, or is it just a pipe-dream? Personally, I don't see how you can take Greener out of the line up after tonight. If anything, yank that douche bag Havelid for Sal before you take Greene. Thoughts?

Yeah, what's the prognosis for getting Sal and Langs back? Are we in any position to be hopeful, or is it just a pipe-dream? Personally, I don't see how you can take Greener out of the line up after tonight. If anything, yank that douche bag Havelid for Sal before you take Greene. Thoughts?

Don't know about Langs, but Sal sounded optimistic as per TG yesterday. Greene has to stay in after tonight.

:lol:

I've been meaning to ask, are you the same mouse who comments at 2MA?

Yeah, I can multitask!

Please if one of you find those heart pills please share. I was on my feet for those last two minintes. This was EXACTLY the kind of game we needed, take their best and just completely shut them down. Marty answered the call alright, that was a showcase. Whole defense played well, Power Play looked good, Offense did too, Ward was just a brick wall all night. So happy about this, and even happier that Pittsburg has to play another game as well, thank you Flyers. Lets end this get some rest and get ready for round 2.

In a few years, scores of Devils and Hurricanes fans will suddenly drop dead of heart-related ailments, and doctors will point back to this series, saying that it literally took years off the end of many fans lives.

The Hurricanes have fans? You sure about this? The NASCAR race wasn't just sold out so people wandered to the stadium in some Dawn of the Dead type sh!t?

Looking at the replay again, the interference call on Brodeur was 100% BS. LaRose lost control trying to get around Oduya -- BEFORE he made contact with Marty. Marty PLAYED THE PUCK before LaRose hit him! It can't possibly be interference on Marty. That's as clear-cut a blown call as they get. That should've been either a no call, or a trip on LaRose, depending on whether or not you want to call it incidental. Maybe the zebras' union put the word out to get back on Marty...

Edited by David Puddy

Awesome game! Boy, that was tense. Marty was possessed tonight, and showed why he's the best ever. He's consistently been the Devils' best player this series - he was out of his mind last game too and the crap at the end just made sure he wasn't gonna let anything past him tonight.

And oh, by the way, he ties Roy's playoff shutout record with the one he got tonight.

SPot on! Too bad he hasn't gotten to that class at the Devils. I would think Lou would want him to be a tad bit better speaker, but then again... if they win it all does it really matter?

Well, I could just not watch it. Half the problem is the stupid questions.

"Is that cut on Marty's leg getting infected going to be a concern?" Seriously?!?!

Well, I could just not watch it. Half the problem is the stupid questions.

"Is that cut on Marty's leg getting infected going to be a concern?" Seriously?!?!

i liked when sutter put down that one guys question ( i forgot what it was) and he was like well shanny plays on a line with madden and pandolfo

Holy sh!t, my heart is STILL pounding!! I said Marty needed to steal this game- and boy did he ever do it! This was a CLASSIC goaltending performance by both guys. But one thing is certain my friends: don't EVER piss off Marty Brodeur. Because you will pay dearly for it! Let's close these bastards out on Sunday!! LET'S GO DEVILS BABY!!