All MLB Thread

devilsrule33

Youkilis doesn't like getting hit ...

Youkilis is a little bitch. He gets pissed at the smallest little sh!t. He always looks pissed off. Not surprised he was right in the middle of this brawl. Actually I didnt see it but Im sure he was right there!...... I guess getting swept by the yankees had them boiling inside and they took it out on the tigers!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youkilis is a little bitch. He gets pissed at the smallest little sh!t. He always looks pissed off. Not surprised he was right in the middle of this brawl. Actually I didnt see it but Im sure he was right there!...... I guess getting swept by the yankees had them boiling inside and they took it out on the tigers!

youkilis was just looking for some way to start a brawl no matter how ludicrous it seemed. Porcello just looked like a serial killer was coming after him. Youk was probably just trying to light a fire under the Sox because that team just looked dead in the water against the yankees

Well "Slappy" just drove a spike through the heart of the sox's divison hopes a week ago haha.now thats priceless

If you are correct.. then it sure took him long enough, maybe they should pick up halladay just to make sure. lol

Nah, that's a good outing for Pedro these days. 5 IP, 3 ER...yeah maybe it's good for the fact he hasn't pitched in a year but I don't see it lasting, especially when he has to pitch in the bandbox a few times. Remember he pitched at Shea last year and still got tattooed on a regular basis.

pedro was probably was pretty sharp last night yet he only lasted 5 innings lol.. and the Cubs did a nice job of letting him off the hook in that last inning (bases loaded, 0 out.. Derek Lee/heart of the order up.. yet they only manage 2 runs).. and of course not to mention the phillies gave him an early lead to work with.

and yeah, lets see what he does at CBP, which is a whole different animal :lol:.. just for example, people may think moyer is having a terrible year with his 5.47 ERA and 1.51 WHIP but thats actually wrong.. his numbers at CBP and on the road are significantly different:

Moyer at CBP - 12 starts, 4-7, 6.89 ERA, 1.68 WHIP, 1.9 HR/9

Moyer on road - 10 starts, 6-2, 3.88 ERA, 1.31 WHIP, 1.2 HR/9

Edited by nmigliore

found a somewhat old (Nov. 2008) but cool article on wOBA (a stat) and it compares it to OPS and explains how its better..

OPS, as you probably know, significantly undervalues the ability of a hitter to get on base. It treats a .330 OBP/.470 slug as equal to a .400 OBP/.400 slug, when the latter is more conducive to scoring runs. wOBA gives proper weight to all the things a hitter can do to produce value, and is a more accurate reflection of a hitter

surprised nobody has talked about strasburg's record-breaking deal.. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/notebook?page=bbtn

even though im not a fan of giving out that much cash to a prospect, it seems like a nice deal in the end for washington [who desperately need a jolt of life in their franchise], especially when boras/strasburg were expecting more $$$$.. now they'll probably finish in dead last again get the 1st overall pick in 2010 and take phenom high school catcher bryce harper.

the other top draft picks, dustin ackley and donavan tate, got nice pay-days too.

Edited by nmigliore

Criticizing Pedro thus far, is very one-sided. (not to mention unfair) This is a pitcher coming off a serious injury, turning 38 in a month and a half... and he has yet to lose a game. He's 1.29 WHIP in 3 games, averaging about 5 IP per game. He's allowed 16 hits in 13 innings, with 14 K's. (not bad at all) Seeing him out there, also brings alot of presence to your team. All 3 games he's appeared in this season (`vs: Cubs, Mets, & Arizona) the Phillies have won!

His ERA could stand to come down obviously, but so far... what I've seen from Pedro.... :thumbsup:

Are you Pedro's agent? He's allowed eight runs in 14 IP, that's not all that great - about on par with what he did last year - 5 ERA. Two of his wins, his team got a huge lead early and the other one he pitched three innings (not his fault because of the rain delay).

And btw every one of the games has been away from CBP so far, he hasn't pitched in the bandbox yet. He's also pitched against two horrible lineups.

Plus Pedro's NOT coming off a serious injury, at least not recently. Just a bit of rust. He pitched most of last year, he just wasn't signed by any team earlier this year. If anything it's better for him to come in mid-year cause he can't last the whole 162 anymore.

Edited by Hasan4978

Are you Pedro's agent? He's allowed eight runs in 14 IP, that's not all that great.

I never said Pedro's doing "great"... I just gave the thumbs up. I posted his statistics for the season, and clearly said: NOT BAD AT ALL. (ie, acceptable, tolerable, satisfactory, decent... 'Get it?)

My point was, many insiders felt that Pedro wasn't going to be THIS effective.

I never said Pedro's doing "great"... I just gave the thumbs up. I posted his statistics for the season, and clearly said: NOT BAD AT ALL. (ie, acceptable, tolerable, satisfactory, decent... 'Get it?)

My point was, many insiders felt that Pedro wasn't going to be THIS effective.

what? 'this effective'? hes given up more hits than innings and has a 5.14 ERA.

Well his peripherals (WHIP, K) are surprisingly good so far, but it's a bit early to say he's shown the experts when he hasn't been an effective pitcher in three years other than a handful of starts in '07 and three years was a bunch of injuries and age ago.

Yeah... THIS EFFECTIVE! Evan Roberts predicted he wouldn't win a game. Jody McDonald said he would be injured again after his 3rd game at least. Kevin Kennedy predicted the Phillies would have released him by now. Be it Boston/Met fans, or Pessimist's... the sneering sardonic's (they know who they are) have some egg on their face to say the least.

Well his peripherals (WHIP, K) are surprisingly good so far, but it's a bit early to say he's shown the experts when he hasn't been an effective pitcher in three years other than a handful of starts in '07 and three years was a bunch of injuries and age ago.

so hes averaging less walks and a higher k-rate.... its 3 starts though, not 10. actually, its more like 2 since his 2nd start was like 3 innings.

Yeah... THIS EFFECTIVE! Evan Roberts predicted he wouldn't win a game.

evan is a clown anywho, but with the philly offense he can probably give up 5 ER over 5 innings and get a win. and hes gotten so much run support in his starts vs chicago and new york.

Jody McDonald said he would be injured again after his 3rd game at least.

im sure this was more of a joke considering pedro is so fragile.

Kevin Kennedy predicted the Phillies would have released him by now. Be it Boston/Met fans, or Pessimist's... the sneering sardonic's (they know who they are) have some egg on their face to say the least.

why would they release him after 2.5 (i count his rain-shortened start vs arizona a half) starts?

some of these 'insiders' sound kind of foolish.... pedro will only turn my ahead when he keeps up his K/BB rate, lowers his ERA, and makes all of his starts. right now its kind of dumb to judge since its a small sample size, but so far there isn't much for me to say hes better than what he was last year.

Edited by nmigliore

evan is a clown anywho, but with the philly offense he can probably give up 5 ER over 5 innings and get a win. hes gotten so much run support in his starts vs Chicago and new york.

im sure this was more of a joke considering pedro is so fragile.

why would they release him after 2.5 (i count his rain-shortened start vs AZR a half) starts?

some of these 'insiders' sound kind of foolish....

Yeah if you're really looking at those guys for 'expert' opinion it's easy to come up with a bunch of I told you sos. I mean some guy I work with who's a Red Sox fan was busting my chops last year that Pedro wouldn't last 20 innings before he went on the DL - and it only took FOUR as it turned out for him to be out two months :P He's lasted thirteen innings this year, big whoop.

Even if he somehow rebounds to be better than he was last year (which is a stretch), he isn't starting in the postseason unless Happ has a Joba innings limit.

Be it Boston/Met fans, or Pessimist's... the sneering sardonic's (they know who they are) have some egg on their face to say the least.

Met fans are skeptical cause we've seen him pitch the last three years. We have no axe to grind with Pedro, he didn't exactly burn any bridges on the way out and I've always liked the guy anyway even before he became a Met. Hell he wasn't celebrating all that much after Werth's HR today.

Edited by Hasan4978

Every one of the games has been away from CBP, so he hasn't pitched in the bandbox yet.

...that's not exactly true. Of his 3 games thus-far this season, only the Mets & Cubs games were on the road. His 2nd start -vs- Arizona was Home. Perhaps you're not counting that game, because he only played 3 innings. (fair enough) If that is the case... sit tight. His 4th game comes Friday against Atlanta in the "Band'Box". :boogie: