GOOD CALL HOSSA!!

theamazingtiny

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hossa played for Pitt for 1/2 a season. He was a mercenary and anyone who thought otherwise was fooling themselves. Hossa did what he thought would win him a Cup, seeing as he's already set for life and then some financially. So I don't see why people think this is a "zomg this is wut u get 4 not stying wit de penz u trader" situation, he had little affiliation with the team. Now for arguments sake, if it was Crosby who did it, it then this sort of feeling should exist. But again, he played for them for HALF A SEASON.

You forgot to include Ty Conklin and this is his third time failing in SCF; leads among active player along with Rhett Warrener (96, 99, 04)

But there has never been a Winter Classic without him in net!

I think the subliminal reason for the Hossa hatred is the rumors that the Devils almost got him at the trade deadline two years ago. Which is a terribly BS reason if true.

I almost feel bad for Hossa, and not just 'cause I hate seeing the Pens win the Cup. Dude's name isn't Gomez, or Avery, or Bertuzzi, or Pronger, or Simon, or Rutuu. He's not a jackass. It's ironic, it sucks for him, but he doesn't deserve the ridicule.

I think the subliminal reason for the Hossa hatred is the rumors that the Devils almost got him at the trade deadline two years ago. Which is a terribly BS reason if true.

I almost feel bad for Hossa, and not just 'cause I hate seeing the Pens win the Cup. Dude's name isn't Gomez, or Avery, or Bertuzzi, or Pronger, or Simon, or Rutuu. He's not a jackass. It's ironic, it sucks for him, but he doesn't deserve the ridicule.

I never heard that rumor, or at least I don't remember it...who were the Devils supposedly trading for him?

I never heard that rumor, or at least I don't remember it...who were the Devils supposedly trading for him?

No idea, I just remember hearing awhile after the deadline the Lou was fairly close to landing him before the Penguins offered the farm. I could be wrong, or remembering something else.

"When I compared the two teams, I felt like I would have a little better of a chance to win the Cup in Detroit."

as Forrest Gump would say, "sh*t happens".

This is just too bloody rich.

Hossa jumps from the Pens to the Wings because he wanted a cup and thought Pitt had no shot at one any time soon.

And now he had to stand and watch his old team skate freaking Lord Stanley on his own ice and he STILL doesn't have a cup.

You know what they say about karma don't you, buddy?

It's a beeyotch and then you die.

::sputtering with laughter::

:rofl:

Hossa was a non-factor in the Finals, he should have been the one sticking it to the Pittsburgh fans and he was relatively non-existent in the series. He might be the biggest UFA out there again, but I wouldn't go near this guy, he is the biggest brand of bad luck there is no matter how good a player he is. I know he plays well against the Devils, but I would not want him here in New Jersey.

Hossa was a non-factor in the Finals, he should have been the one sticking it to the Pittsburgh fans and he was relatively non-existent in the series. He might be the biggest UFA out there again, but I wouldn't go near this guy, he is the biggest brand of bad luck there is no matter how good a player he is. I know he plays well against the Devils, but I would not want him here in New Jersey.

Well, he might turn things around with his third trip as Commodore proved it in 06 after losing in the SCF in 01 with Jersey and 04 with Cowtown. But of course, you can use Rhett Warrener as the example too.

Edited by Devil Fan

I still don't see why people hate Hossa for trying to win a Cup. He had no reason to be loyal to the Pens. He wanted a Cup, and he took less money for a shot at one. Seems like an honorable thing to do in this day of huge long term contracts.

And as someone pointed out, if Hossa stayed in Pit, they may not have been able to acquire Kunitz, Guerin, etc.

Were Kariya and Sellanne bad people for signing cheap contracts with the Aves a few years ago? Neids for taking less to play with his brother? Marty taking less to give Lou more room for other players?

No idea, I just remember hearing awhile after the deadline the Lou was fairly close to landing him before the Penguins offered the farm. I could be wrong, or remembering something else.

It's true. It was from Gulutti. The Devils were amongst the teams vying for him last season at the deadline, but Pittsburgh offered Atlanta the best deal.

I don't hate Hossa for doing what he did. Its obvious he did not have the confidence in the Pens coming out of last season, but at the same time, he got burnt by going to the team that beat his last in the Finals.

I think he re-signs in Detroit with the whole unfinished business crap. Its no secret why guys like playing for Detroit. Its a class organization at virtually every level.

This is just too bloody rich.

Hossa jumps from the Pens to the Wings because he wanted a cup and thought Pitt had no shot at one any time soon.

And now he had to stand and watch his old team skate freaking Lord Stanley on his own ice and he STILL doesn't have a cup.

You know what they say about karma don't you, buddy?

It's a beeyotch and then you die.

::sputtering with laughter::

:rofl:

+1 KARMA baby.

Ehh, I hated seeing Crosby win the cup. I would have rather seen Hossa win it than Crosby for sure. I used to not be a Crosby hater cause I thought he would be good for hockey. Yes I fell into the hype. I'm sorry. But now I can't stand Crosby. I hate how much everyone jerks him off. I'm sick and tired of seeing Pittsburgh on TV every sunday on NBC. F**k Crosby. There is plenty of other young talent if the NHL would take a chance to look around.

I don't care that Hossa didn't sign with Pitt cause he was only there for half a season. I think what Kayria did after the '03 season was pretty messed up though. He was the face of the franchise but he left for Colorado cause he thought he could win a Cup there.

if you dont want hossa here then your crazy(if the money is right).

I didn't want Hossa to win for 1 reason. That's how he worded it, say what you want about how he made the "honorable" decision and all that crap. He left Pitt to go win in Detroit, and he did that for awhile then he hit the finals and vanished. When he left though he did give the finger to the Pens, regardless of how you look at it, and yes most likely if he stays they don't make certain moves for players, but at the same time how do you know if they had him would they have needed to make those moves. The thing that bothers me is yes, he left for Detroit which has been arguably the best team in hockey for the past 20 years, but he still gave the good old 1 finger victory salute to Pitt to do that. Say what you want, but lets say we got Hossa and then offered him a long term deal, and he turned it down because he wanted to win a cup, and sit here and tell me that you wouldn't feel a thing. You're lying, I mean look at Rafalski, the man has done nothing majorly wrong since leaving the Devils but many have a strong dislike ever since that better than a parking lot comment, which was much less of a diss than saying your team cant win.

Ok, lets stop picking on Hossa, I mean he only signed a 1 year deal with a team that is always a contender for the cup and they will continue to be. If he signs there long-term eventually they'll win one for him, but the key here was that he was ineffective in the series and for most of the playoffs. If he wanted the cup, he could have showed more emotion and desperation, but I never felt that from him. The Penguins always have a lot more questions than answers in the beginning of the season no matter who they have. They struggled in 06-07 early on before making a late season run before making the playoffs and losing to Ottawa in 5, then last season (07-08), they had their share of struggles and this year as well. So, Hossa definitely should not regret his decision as unusual as it is, but he has to be more effective for the Red Wings and not rely on Datsyuk and Zetterberg too much. I don't think the Wings will get back there next year though, I just think that back to back finals is taking a huge toll on some players.

...though not nearly as regarded I'm sure, there is someone else who sold out along with Hossa on Detroit aswell. Someone who played in Pittsburgh last season, and peaced'out to play for the Wings in order to get a Cup. Someone who (like Marian) has been on the losing side for the past 2 seasons when it's time to shake hands.... Ty Conklin