Brian Burke rips Heatley

Devil Fan

Nice say by Burke:

"When you have players come ask you for a trade, I tell the players 'don't finish that sentence,' because once you ask, I'm going to move you," Burke stated. "If a player wants out, you're darn right I'm going to move you. I'm not kissing anyone's ass to play in my town, so to hell with you, don't finish the sentence. My second rule is if I hear about this, you're not going anywhere."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282128

Is this the same Brian Burke that said and I quote: "Really looking forward to the Blue Jackets coming to town. We can show Rick Nash where his locker will be in 2010." or "

I promised Mark Bell I'd put him on waivers to give him a shot at playing for an NHL team. He was just claimed by the Rangers. Close enough." :lol:

Is this the same Brian Burke that said and I quote: "Really looking forward to the Blue Jackets coming to town. We can show Rick Nash where his locker will be in 2010." or "

I promised Mark Bell I'd put him on waivers to give him a shot at playing for an NHL team. He was just claimed by the Rangers. Close enough." :lol:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/04/archi...kes-tweets.html

good read though

Get over your man-crush for a second and realize how epic this is of Burke? Players acting like prima donna's is so annoying, and he's right-- to hell with that.

Dude you know he was joking right? Referencing that youtube video that DiG posted a screen of.

...and if that was sarcasm that I just misread, then the internet needs like a sarcasm font of something... :noclue:

HOW DARE BURKE?! LEAVE DANY ALONE!!!!
crocker.jpg

Pop culture fail.

Get over your man-crush for a second and realize how epic this is of Burke? Players acting like prima donna's is so annoying, and he's right-- to hell with that.

No, wait... THIS is pop culture fail.

Burke had no problem taking on Pronger in Anaheim. To be honest I can't remember if it was leaked to the media before Kevin Lowe found out.

It seems that when it's a player he doesn't want (Heatley), he has a problem with it. But when it's a player he wants (Pronger), he has no problem with it.

Will the real Brian Burke please stand up.

methinks Brian Burke likes to see his name in the press...

although, I do agree with him on this.

If it's someone that Burke doesn't want, he has a problem with it.

If it's some he DOES want, he doesn't have a problem with it.

Burke is a hypocrite who likes to hear himself talk.

Sorry, Burke needs to grow up. So long as Heatley doesn't hold out while they're trying to make a trade, I see no problem with this. And even if he does hold out, he won't get paid, so nothing really lost. The real douches are the ones whose teams aren't going anywhere, but veto a trade anyway and go sign somewhere else (Sundin), not players who say they want to be traded.

I think Burke is right. All contracts should be honoured. Except his.

Tell me his escape from the Ducks didn't smell just as bad if not worse than Sutter.....

great point, i totally forgot about this. brian burke has no room to speak about integrity.