LOU NEEDS TO DO 'RIGHT' THING

Rock

Too bad you mentionned it ! That will never happen now !

I BLAME YOU !

:whistling:

WHY YOU!!!!!!

I said a few years ago that i though we would end up signing Zubrus and last year i said we would get Rolston.

So for everyone concerned it looks like my trade predictions hopefully wont come true.

Id like Nick Boynton for a D-man (+7 last year with Phoenix and Florida) and I'd be happy with Jason Williams for second line duties at center. Let Bergfors take Gionta's roster spot and Zubrus can play 3rd line center.

Depends on price, but I think they'd fit. Williams would help on the power play I believe.

Edited by ghdi

williams is the kind of player that lou always avoids.

boynton only played for florida last year and according to behindthenet he played against the worst competition of any defenseman, which means that +7 is built on playing against teams' 3rd and 4th lines. not sure he's who we want as a result.

aucoin would be a nice pick up in my opinion.

What sucks is this is the kind of player who needed hockey to kick the sh!t out of him to find direction -- but then he loses that spark he had or just can't maintain the level he needs to play at. Right outlook but too easy a failure -- I just think the Devils get stuck with too much baggage like that.

Why is it payers can't see what they need to see, do what they need to do ... until it's too late?

It's just REALLY hard to find guys with the talent, genes and common sense to consistently win - or consistently bounce back which is probably more necessary than being on top always.

How do you mentally condition players to bounce back? YES! That may be it!! Burns was a bounce back guy - that was his intangible. He could articulate the bounce back because he studied and worked his ass off himself personally and knew how to tell the guys how to do it.

Sutter is not a bounceback guy...he didn't learn how to bounce back with Al Arbor - OIlers came and stole it all cleanly away and they could use Gretzky as their psych card. Sutter never fought back up the hill really - that's why to him it made sense to quit the Devils. He saw the path in his personal life far more clearly than he could see the hockey path ahead of him so he quit -- moved on to a situation he felt he'd be more comfortable in - thus in his mind it must follow more easily succeed in. Sooooo not true. You hit the wall no matter where you are and your wife and kids and mom and dad and GAWD KNOWS your siblings cannot help you. Unless someone comes in and does it for you. blah!