Calm Down!!!!!!!!

Fred Garvin

We are seeing a changing of the core of this team.

The past five years we went from having Gomez, Elias, Rafalski, Brodeur, Gionta, Madden and Langnbrunner to being the core of the team. Now Zajac, Parise, Martin, Odyua, Clarkson, and Greene are the new core.

Lou is trying to get younger, I have no problem with that but the problem that i do have is Lou constantly says we do not rebuild, Shut the f**k up.

Every team has to rebuild. Our success over the past 15 years has caused us to draft low and pray for good players( parise, Zajac) and now with the cap its harder to add complimentary players to the core, to help make your team better. We are at the end of what was a great era of Devils Hockey.

In the season of 1999-2000 we went through the same thing, many players left and Lou was force to bring in four rookies all turning out to be outstanding players, thats hard to come by. What made it easier back then was they had two Hall of Fame defensmen and a young goalie. they had a core group of Stevens, niedermayer, The "A" line, Brodeur, Holik, Lemieux, McKay. Lou added the four rookies Gomez, Madden, White, Rafalski and traded for Mogilny. That is how you build a Stanley Cup Winning team. YOU BUILD FROM WITHIN!!! And add little here and a little there. Look at Pittsburgh most of there players are home grown. They sucked for a long time but with that came a Stanley Cup.

We know now this is not 2000 I was using it as an example for how to build a wining team. you saw there was no big free agents on that team.

What I am trying to say we might take a step back or few?

last year hurt that was the best chance for this to make a run, and failed with flying colors. The next couple of year does not look good but whatever comes after that, ought to be worth while.

So stop complaining, suck it up and root for the Devils.

We are fans win or lose we are behind our team.

These next few years will bring our the true Devils Fan.

We're not Cubs fans, so we have that going for us!

We are seeing a changing of the core of this team.

The past five years we went from having Gomez, Elias, Rafalski, Brodeur, Gionta, Madden and Langnbrunner to being the core of the team. Now Zajac, Parise, Martin, Odyua, Clarkson, and Greene are the new core.

While I do agree with you about everyone needing to calm down, how are Elias, Brodeur and Langs still not the core of this team? That makes no sense.

Edited by Satans Hockey

THANK YOU!

And lets look at what we lost so far.

Gionta

Will never again be a 48 goal scorer and has been nothing close since. He was a burden in our lineup and took away Elias from playing with a winger he actually fit with! If you want to keep him, pay him over 5 million and lose out on the possibilities of 2-3 other better players that could be signed for that overall total.

Madden

He role and playing has diminished. He only played well with Rolston and Clarkson (who i would love to see play with Elias next year). We have Pelley who is a really bad version of Madden but (even though his play has simmered) we still have Pandolfo!!! And if we do resign Shanahan, it will be no problem at all. I loved madden, but if we want to escape from the Trap, he must be removed as well.

Rupp

We lost him once before didn't we?? PL3 is a fine replacement. I don't see much change? Rupp was a better fighter and did have a scoring touch, but changes need to be made.

Clemmenson

He is a non-factor next year, just like he would have been last year had Marty not been injured. Why get a player who sits for 70 games? And you're forgetting he probably would have played in the AHL again anyway. I'm glad to see him possibly get more playing time. Just like I was glad when he went to Toronto. (call signing Greene a dumb move since he's a "bench player" but want Clemmer on the team??? At least Greene is younger and can/will improve.)

It is time for new faces!!! New lines and new possibilities! We have so many young players and minors that SHOULD be given a chance. Like they were in the beginning of last year, but only due to injuries. Just like in '00, a core of rookies will be our best option.

THANK YOU!

Gionta

Will never again be a 48 goal scorer and has been nothing close since. He was a burden in our lineup and took away Elias from playing with a winger he actually fit with! If you want to keep him, pay him over 5 million and lose out on the possibilities of 2-3 other better players that could be signed for that overall total.

Madden

He role and playing has diminished. He only played well with Rolston and Clarkson (who i would love to see play with Elias next year). We have Pelley who is a really bad version of Madden but (even though his play has simmered) we still have Pandolfo!!! And if we do resign Shanahan, it will be no problem at all. I loved madden, but if we want to escape from the Trap, he must be removed as well.

Rupp

We lost him once before didn't we?? PL3 is a fine replacement. I don't see much change? Rupp was a better fighter and did have a scoring touch, but changes need to be made.

Clemmenson

He is a non-factor next year, just like he would have been last year had Marty not been injured. Why get a player who sits for 70 games? And you're forgetting he probably would have played in the AHL again anyway. I'm glad to see him possibly get more playing time. Just like I was glad when he went to Toronto. (call signing Greene a dumb move since he's a "bench player" but want Clemmer on the team??? At least Greene is younger and can/will improve.)

It is time for new faces!!! New lines and new possibilities! We have so many young players and minors that SHOULD be given a chance. Like they were in the beginning of last year, but only due to injuries. Just like in '00, a core of rookies will be our best option.

The question is:Will those young player be so good or even get the job done ??? cuz if they ain't we are

fvckeeeeeeed haaaaaaard

What happens if this team misses the playoffs especially after collapsing in the last minute and a half? I know Lou does not like to sign Free Agents, because they break the core of the hockey club, but sometimes you have to change your approach and sign someone. Rolston does not count, he was once here and Holik he was a bust. Right now if they make the playoffs next year they are at best a 7th place team and get prepared for an early exit again. Simply, put this team is not good enough and will likely get blown out in games against Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and maybe even the nemesis Rangers. They might barely squeak some games against the Islanders. I am not panicking, but I am just saying that Lou needs to change somethings to make it more interesting to come to "The Rock" to watch games. I give him credit for caring about the cap unlike some GM's, but they do have room for at least one or two more signings aside from Zajac, so use that room to your advantage.

What happens if this team misses the playoffs especially after collapsing in the last minute and a half? I know Lou does not like to sign Free Agents, because they break the core of the hockey club, but sometimes you have to change your approach and sign someone. Rolston does not count, he was once here and Holik he was a bust. Right now if they make the playoffs next year they are at best a 7th place team and get prepared for an early exit again. Simply, put this team is not good enough and will likely get blown out in games against Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and maybe even the nemesis Rangers. They might barely squeak some games against the Islanders. I am not panicking, but I am just saying that Lou needs to change somethings to make it more interesting to come to "The Rock" to watch games. I give him credit for caring about the cap unlike some GM's, but they do have room for at least one or two more signings aside from Zajac, so use that room to your advantage.

I'm afraid you might be right

THANK YOU!

Gionta

Madden

Rupp

Clemmenson

Vic, excellent recap and well put. From a sentimental point of view, it stings a bit not to see Gio and Madden in our uniform next season. Yes, I'm a sentamentalist at heart.

But, let's move forward. I hope we land a decent center and get better production out of Zubbie.

We'll see...

And we all thought the Devils were going to miss the playoffs when Marty went down. Just let the season play out and enjoy. So far Lou has done everything I thought he would. YEah we could use a center and another D-man but we'll see what happens Lou has always been one for trading for the needs of the team.

I hate the off season.

And we all thought the Devils were going to miss the playoffs when Marty went down. Just let the season play out and enjoy. So far Lou has done everything I thought he would. YEah we could use a center and another D-man but we'll see what happens Lou has always been one for trading for the needs of the team.

I hate the off season.

No one predicted Lou to trade Sykora, but he did on a Saturday night at like 11 PM, so maybe a trade is brewing. The offseason is going just as I planned as well, I think Lou is going to see how the team does early in the season and if they struggle he'll make changes, but realistically new chemistry will likely be created.

If we are an average team for one year so that we don't get totally screwed next year when the cap goes down and Parise and whoever else need a raise, then so be it. I'm more than willing to sacrifice one year of Cup contention for many more years of Parise on this roster.

Lets get real for a bit, honestly does anyone here think the Devils have a hot at the cup next year, knowing the way Lou conducts business? I certainly don't especially after watching how aggressive Pittsburgh played as well as Detroit.

Lets get real for a bit, honestly does anyone here think the Devils have a hot at the cup next year, knowing the way Lou conducts business? I certainly don't especially after watching how aggressive Pittsburgh played as well as Detroit.

OMG We're not the odds on favorite for a cup on 7/2/09.

No one will ever come to the Rock because we didn't spend 5M/5 on some overpaid 34 year old player!

Why would anyone want to go see any hockey game after that!

How will I ever taunt Rangers fans with this news?!??

You mean I actually have to have faith for a change?

Some of you have to listen to yourselves. You sound like a rich kid who actually has to drive a brand new Toyota instead of a Ferrari to school....

I'm not saying that we all most drink the Kool Aid, but ....

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!

This is the way a sports franchise works in a cap world - you don't sign the top guys every year! Eventually you actually have to develop talent....

Is Lou done, too old, maybe....but who cares...we'll find out. Did everyone here think you were going to be "odds on favorites" every year for the next 20?

Did PIT look like "contendors" with what THEY did last offseason (Satan, Fedo?)?

Tyler Kennedy, Staal, and Fleury won that series for them ..... inside men.

Am I happy that we are going with this defense and haven't addressed some key issues of transition game or point shot in 4/5 years, no, but lets not get ridiculous.

I'm going to get flamed here, but some here are really showing the stereotype of a "Spoiled fanbase" that we hate associated with us.

I'm going to get flamed here, but some here are really showing the stereotype of a "Spoiled fanbase" that we hate associated with us.

You're not wrong but unfortunately you're fighting a mob with a pellet gun, there's just no reasoning with a lot of people here this time of year. I mean really, comparing Lou to Al Davis when we haven't missed the playoffs in 13 years is a BIT much.

I don't normally do this but it'll probably get lost in all the stuff PuckDaddy posts in the News Feeds forum, but much of this needs to be read:

Blogtime

We may not be serious contenders next year but at least saving money now will help us in all the years following the cap decrease next year.

Edited by devilsfan26

We may not be serious contenders next year but at least saving money now will help us in all the years following the cap decrease next year.

Saving money is a good thing, but if you fail to spend it on quality free-agents and just hand it to loyal underachievers (i.e. Zubrus, Pandolfo, White) then what's the point?

Edited by slasher72

Hate to break it to you but the Devils core is still there...Lou himself said it today that the Devils core of players are still there. Madden and Gionta were only two pieces of the core that is now gone. There is still Parise, Zajac, Langenbrunner, Brodeur, Martin, White, Elias and Pandolfo.