Game 4: Devils Vs Sens Game Thread

devilsrule33

I just heard it, but I can't believe it, "The Devils just one win away from the Stanley Cup Finals"!!!!!

Honestly friends.....how amazing is that!!!!

I'm beaming!!!

Thank you Devils!!!

Thank you Burnsy!!!

THANK YOU LOU!!!!!

GO DEVILS!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

I was close ..Elias scored but not the GWer..oh well.maybe I was seeing Monday.

Great game for the Devils & their fans.

(I must say I am sick of hearing about "giggy". He has done this for 2 months, Marty has done this for a decade. ABC/ESPN are ramming this guy down our throats...could the fact that Disney owns both companies have anything to do with this?????)

Well let's take things one step at a time. There are still 60 minutes worth of hard work to finish this up. It's tough not to be excited but there is no guarantee for Monday. This shifts thier confidence and momentum greatly, however (and ours!). I still say Giggy (think Theodore...) is no match for Marty although I won't say much more becuase I have seen next to nil of the Ducks' series. Devs can take 'em if it comes to that.

Well let's take things one step at a time.

I cant stress this enough. It is far from over. A loss on Monday makes this a series again. I hope Burns is stressing this with this team. It's important that the team doesnt get ahead of itself. I hope the leaders/experienced guys on this team emphasize this. Having to win one of the next three is a dangerous thought. We dont have to win one of the next three. We must win one of the next two. And no better then winning Monday and getting this over with. We cant let them get back in this series. Outside of that third period, we played poorly today. If not for Pandolfo's fantastic equalizer goal followed by Alfredsson's stupid penalty, who knows how this game would have gone? I'm so glad we didnt find out.

Just got back from the game.

I must say, this is what seperates New Jersey from Ottawa.. they know how to win. The Devils didn't play a great game today, but won anyway.

What scares me is that Ottawa does have the capability to win 3 straight. If Hossa, Havlat, or Alfredsson comes out of their slumber, the Devils will be in trouble. The Devils scored 4 of their goals today off the rush, and while I think that's great, Ottawa will clamp down defensively.

No need for observations on this game.. Marty was great, Lalime sucked, Devils win 5-2.

They can do it but it does change momentum if Ottawa wins. I don't see the Devils losing three straight yet the Sens have shown they can pick things up in a hurry, especially if the Devils are not on top of things. They should not take things for granted and I hope Burns is stressing that, amongst other things.

The Devils played a terrible game from halfway through the first through the entire second. Marty was robbed of a game-star, as he's the only reason that game wasn't 4-1 going into the 3rd.

If they come out like this again, they'll get beaten. They need to play another perfect away Devils trap game to end this now. Otherwise, you're inviting Havlat and Hossa to wake the beast and make our lives miserable.

the first 40 minutes of the game were not pretty and thats being nice. i don't get why they score 1 goal then sit on it and do nothing. they couldnt even make a crisp pass.

marty was the difference yet again today. but hey they found a way to win which is the key. however, they play like this again monday and there will be a game 6 on weds night.

Once the Devs won Game 3 I had a bad feeling I was gonna see the loss in Game 4 since I figured both the first two games and the next two would both be splits. I had a better feeling about the game when Alfredsson started getting wussy about his 'guarantee', though. :lol:

But of course the game started and Ottawa dominated the first period yet we should have led 1-0 if Stevens and Madden (of all people) weren't farting around in their own end at the end of the first period :puke:

Then Marty was in la-la land on the second goal and it looked like we were really in trouble; much more than the 2-1 score would indicate. But then Pando (the first star and deservedly so) bailed our asses out and the game changed :D

The difference between the Devils and Ottawa: Marty's soft goal didn't destroy the Devs, while Lalime's soft goal sent the Sens spiraling downward. They quit in the third period after Friesen's goal. So much for the 'new and improved' Sens. If the Sens want to quit again on Monday be my guest, I'll save the 85 bucks :lol: But I wouldn't exactly mind seeing the Devs clinch the Eastern Conference Championship on Wednesday either ;)

And yeah it's taboo to say this series is over, teams have come back from 3-1 deficits particularly this postseason, but you know what I don't believe there's any way that can happen against this Devils team with all they've shown us all year. Heck the Devils only lost TWO in a row in regulation once all year; never mind three in a row. I can't believe this Devils team would lose three now this close to the Cup. I know Ottawa's good. The Devils haven't had a single game where they dominated from start to finish (Game 3 we dominated for 40 minutes) and they're still kicking the Sens' butts by a combined 12-4 since the first period of the series. I do believe we'll see one vintage Devils game before the series is over (probably Game 6) and that will propel us to the Finals.

I do wonder if Martin will put in Prusek now. Strange to say that might be the only shot the Sens have left.

Oh and if Gomer wasn't already my second-favorite Devil (behind Dano) he would have become that after ramming Chara the way he did in the first :evil:

Then Marty was in la-la land on the second goal and it looked like we were really in trouble; much more than the 2-1 score would indicate. But then Pando (the first star and deservedly so) bailed our asses out and the game changed :D

The difference between the Devils and Ottawa: Marty's soft goal didn't destroy the Devs, while Lalime's soft goal sent the Sens spiraling downward. They quit in the third period after Friesen's goal. So much for the 'new and improved' Sens. If the Sens want to quit again on Monday be my guest, I'll save the 85 bucks :lol: But I wouldn't exactly mind seeing the Devs clinch the Eastern Conference Championship on Wednesday either ;)

Again I don't want to sound pro- Brodeur or like Chico (a goaltender can do no wrong) but I thought on the 2nd goal, if you give an NHL player that much time and room to skate in, the odds of him scoring increase dramatically. In other words the player should score in that situation.