NFL Week ONE!

CRASHER

Don't get me wrong, I'd be very surprised if Britt wound up being a 1000 yard receiver this year...I was just puzzled why everyone was dissing him for having the dropsies when he had almost 90 catches last year (87) and was a first-round pick.

I never dissed him for drops, I was just wondering the value of Britt considering the Titans are a run first team and their big free agent signing was another WR (Washington) to along with Gage.

Granted - this is a hockey site but..

I am a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan. (jersey doesn't have a home team. If we did, there would be a J next that N with those teams in the Swamp).

I am excited! Fall is just great aint it? Hockey AND NFL.. it's not non-stop violence and wings. :=)

BTW - anyone else catching football games with me at Arena on Sunday? They got the Direct TV NFL Ticket!

Welcome aboard. The Devils and the NFL are what gets the juices flowing here.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted - this is a hockey site but..

I am a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan. (jersey doesn't have a home team. If we did, there would be a J next that N with those teams in the Swamp).

I am excited! Fall is just great aint it? Hockey AND NFL.. it's not non-stop violence and wings. :=)

BTW - anyone else catching football games with me at Arena on Sunday? They got the Direct TV NFL Ticket!

Damn I just grew to love the arena bar a lil more :wub:

now if only you guys could show WWE PPV shows you'd be beyond amazing!!!!:yea:

If I'm not in Sun Tavern by 1245 at my seat with the laptop plugged in, the bartenders run a search party starting with where I live till they find me.... sorry :P

I never dissed him for drops, I was just wondering the value of Britt considering the Titans are a run first team and their big free agent signing was another WR (Washington) to along with Gage.

Washington is a No. 3 receiver at best, and judging by how Tennessee used him last night, it looks like they see him as exactly that. Gage looks like the guy who will be challenging for that top spot.

I have Pittsburgh's defense in my league. This doesn't make me happy.

Ditto...after picking the Chicago and Minnesota defenses in the middle of my draft two years running I swore I wouldn't do it again, but I couldn't resist getting Pittsburgh in the early ninth round, they were the one sure D and now their best player is done for a while at least :P

I haven't played Madden in a while so I didn't realize the curse already struck :blink:

Ditto...after picking the Chicago and Minnesota defenses in the middle of my draft two years running I swore I wouldn't do it again, but I couldn't resist getting Pittsburgh in the early ninth round, they were the one sure D and now their best player is done for a while at least :P

I haven't played Madden in a while so I didn't realize the curse already struck :blink:

My other defense is the Eagles, and they're banged up too... I can't win right now. :P As far as the Madden Curse goes- Fitzgerald better watch out this week.

Edited by MadDog2020

Washington is a No. 3 receiver at best, and judging by how Tennessee used him last night, it looks like they see him as exactly that. Gage looks like the guy who will be challenging for that top spot.

Washington is hurt, but they gave him a contract with the intention of him being the #1 guy in Tenn

Really looking forward to this Cowboys season. Like Crasher said NO distractions...which is a plus. Also looking forward to seeing the new state of the art Cowboys Stadium. Should be a good and interesting season if the team can stay healthy unlike last season. Just glad to have the NFL season finally here.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my Steelers start the season with a win. But Thursday night football just blows! I really wish they'd keep it to Thanksgiving.

Yea.. I don't like watching games on a Thursday.. It just doesn't work it out for me lol

Here's my resume of the game :

The pros:

Ben showed some poise.. 350+yards, I know I know..2 INTS.. But atleast he went on 2 WINNING drives(If it wasn't for Ward's fumble.) I liked the way the O played.. Except for the running game. Wallace was pretty good if you ask me for his first start..

The cons:

O-line.. They're still issues with them and its a no surprise..They had one year to play together, and they're still having some mis-communication problems.(The sack of Kearse on Ben.. Man, Colon just let Kearse go in.)

The running game.. Which because of the O-line, sucked. There were no "real" holes for the runners to run in.. I mean, Parker,Mendenhall,Moore's a good trio if you ask me.. But god, that O-line..

Polamalu's injury.. I heard it could be up to 3-4weeks.. Since the Steelers are kind of "thin" on the secondary, I hope he comes earlier than expected..(That interception was just insane.)

Edited by TravisZajac

Yea.. I don't like watching games on a Thursday.. It just doesn't work it out for me lol

Here's my resume of the game :

The pros:

Ben showed some poise.. 350+yards, I know I know..2 INTS.. But atleast he went on 2 WINNING drives(If it wasn't for Ward's fumble.) I liked the way the O played.. Except for the running game. Wallace was pretty good if you ask me for his first start..

The cons:

O-line.. They're still issues with them and its a no surprise..They had one year to play together, and they're still having some mis-communication problems.(The sack of Kearse on Ben.. Man, Colon just let Kearse go in.)

The running game.. Which because of the O-line, sucked. There were no "real" holes for the runners to run in.. I mean, Parker,Mendenhall,Moore's a good trio if you ask me.. But god, that O-line..

Polamalu's injury.. I heard it could be up to 3-4weeks.. Since the Steelers are kind of "thin" on the secondary, I hope he comes earlier than expected..(That interception was just insane.)

Standard Big Ben game: Do it when it counts.

O-Line: Still a big problem that is overlooked due to Big Ben

Polamalu: For some reason Steeler's do just as good without him.

What can you say, an absolutely dominating performance by the Jets D. I mean that was 85 Bears dominating, they just abused the Texans. Shaub didn't know where any of the blitzers were coming from and was abused all day.

Sanchez was clutch on those 3rd down conversions. He does have happy feet at times, but he's a born playmaker

Wow....anybody see what just happened in Cincy? unbelievable!!! Down 7-6 late in the 4th with 25 seconds to go Orton heaves up a desperation pass from his own 12, it gets tipped by a Bengals defender and goes right to Brandon Stokley who runs it in for a TD. He tiptoed the goal line to kill the clock!

Weird fvcking game.

This kind of stuff can only happen to the Bengals (and Jets)

New images in from the Georgia Dome

Dead-Dolphins-Jask-PersianGulf1.jpg

Edited by '7'