NFL Week ONE!

CRASHER

I'm done, Value's QB Cutler basically handed Crasher the victory. Mike Bell and Shockey's performance go to waste.

B )

Considering I had 22 points in the bench as the REAL good running back on the Jets flexed his muscles... you should be lucky it was that close sir :evil:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I agree about your analysis on Chad's arm. He can throw the ball 60 yards. I've seen him do it. May I mention that flea-flicker to Ted Ginn at the Jets game last December? But you're right, he lacks zip. He's all about those "touch" passes.

But the thing that concerned me today was Atlanta has one of the worst pass defenses in the league, or at least they did last year. On the contrary, at least as a Dolphin he tends to rise to his best play against the better defenses. He carved up the Patriots twice, the Ravens during the regular season, and the Jets.

We'll see what Chad can do next week against the Colts, who only allowed 6 passing TDs last season--but I'm assuming that stat is distorted since their run d was so bad.

Hey Crack, I gotta disagree with your other post bro- Henning was far from a bright spot yesterday. I thought the play-calling was suspect at best. The Wildcat was used at the completely wrong time TWICE, stunting offensive momentum after we picked up big first downs. I was also pissed that they went to White on both Wildcat occasions... he looked like a deer in headlights. The kid isn't ready yet, and it showed. Also, we abandoned the run way too early. How many times did we just try to line up and run it down their throats? We hardly did at all. I want to see a firm committment to the run next week with no Bob Sanders for Indy. And I want the o-line to man the fvck up and earn their huge paychecks- they were the worst unit on the field yesterday BY FAR.

I leave for Miami on Friday... sitting behind the east end zone for this one- section 128. I better see vast offensive improvment or someone's getting punched in the face. :P

I am furious that this match with Masked in FF1 is even a game. Hopefully the two of them (Cutler/Forte) can leave the realm of epic fail sometime in the near future. So now this match comes down to Vincent Jackson + ~14 > LDT and Kaeding for me to win.

I am close to pulling the game in FF2 out of my ass despite my opponent having the Eagles offense yesterday. Randy Moss + San Diego D + ~2 > Gostowski to win. I also need Moss to have a big game in another league to avoid epic fail so go Moss!

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

I don't consider the 22 points as you didn't play them. So, yeah you backed into a win.

Picking the wrong player to start is just as bad a decision

if anything I almost over-coached myself out of a win... the Cadillac rolled to a good score too

why are we arguing fantasy football in the ACTUAL football thread anyway???

Losing to Manta would have been like Dallas losing to Tampa to me :lol:

They are STUCK with Delhomme, I think he is getting like $20 million in guarentees this year on his NEW contract. I can't wait to see Jeff Garica in the powder blue!

Wow, that's almost as bad as the Mets' Ollie Perez contract.

btw right idea, wrong ex-Eagles QB...Carolina brought in A.J.Feeley. Ironically because of McNabb's injury, Garcia's now back there.

Picking the wrong player to start is just as bad a decision

if anything I almost over-coached myself out of a win... the Cadillac rolled to a good score too

As a rule I don't like to play matchups in Week 1, if you can't go with your best then you're dissing your own picks right out of the box - though admittedly I was tempted to sit Bowe, especially when I saw the Chiefs were playing Croyle. And it did work out for you with Hasselbeck and Schaub, so you didn't leave all your points on the bench.

Besides TJ looked awful until he had two long runs early-mid fourth quarter after the Houston defense wore out. And he and Leon almost split the carries.

Edited by Hasan4978

Hey Crack, I gotta disagree with your other post bro- Henning was far from a bright spot yesterday. I thought the play-calling was suspect at best. The Wildcat was used at the completely wrong time TWICE, stunting offensive momentum after we picked up big first downs. I was also pissed that they went to White on both Wildcat occasions... he looked like a deer in headlights. The kid isn't ready yet, and it showed. Also, we abandoned the run way too early. How many times did we just try to line up and run it down their throats? We hardly did at all. I want to see a firm committment to the run next week with no Bob Sanders for Indy. And I want the o-line to man the fvck up and earn their huge paychecks- they were the worst unit on the field yesterday BY FAR.

I leave for Miami on Friday... sitting behind the east end zone for this one- section 128. I better see vast offensive improvment or someone's getting punched in the face. :P

I agree that we didn't line up and play Bill Parcells, smash mouth football. But I loved Henning's creativity. We needed a spark on offense, because when we did line up in a normal set, it wasn't working.

All in all, the execution sucked yesterday. Oh, and since when did Mike Mularkey become a half-way decent play caller?

And yeah, like I said before our offensive line better start playing like it makes $155 million.

That's so awesome that you're going to the MNF game in Miami! LUCKY! LGD.

That was by far and away the most cursing I've ever done during a win. Amazing how the bad franchises always find a way to fvck themselves. Pretty much what I expected, from a defensive standpoint, regarding the Pats...that 'D' is going to be a problem. Brady & Co. weren't perfect, but clearly got better as the game went on. I'm so wound up from this friggin' game that I won't be sleeping anytime soon, but at least I'm sleeping on a win. I could see this Sunday vs. the Jets (I'll be there) being an equally crazy game.

I only watched the Bills last drive, can someone tell me if their offensive line looked this horrible for the entire game? They just could not stop the Patriots from getting into the backfield. That coupled with some piss poor time management screwed Buffalo tonight.