GDT: Philadelphia @ DEVILS 10/3/09 - 7pm

overtime98

Parise's been a HUGE disappointment tonight, but he isn't alone! I say strip the "A" off him.

Rolston, Niedermayer, Bergfors, and White are the only solid players tonight on a consistent basis. What is happening...

I think it's a little pre-mature to strip Parise of the "A" Matt!

But man, Brodeur is killing me. I love him, but this is rough.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's done pretty well tonight. I liked Niedermayer's game tonight as well. If things bounce right Rolston has 2 tonight.

Good point about Niedermayer...I didn't really know what to expect with his signing since I don't watch a lot of Western Conference games but I'm encouraged from what I've seen from him tonight.

lol Peters is such a tool. Boy how I miss Cam Janssen... he couldn't score for the life of him, but boy at least every shift he would make his presence known. Peters is just a fat, slow, fvck. Simple as that.

Edited by nmigliore

You bit, but obviously read wrong. Please read the post again. I said TONIGHT he sucks.

And another soft one.

My apologies. And fwiw I wasn't dissing your boys either. I know there are a lot of you guys here. Its just been a rough night and I think everyone is a little testy.

Its clear Marty is fighting the puck tonight and if not for opening night and would have been pulled. Don't think Lemaire wants to go down that avenue this early in the season.

And Langs gets one. Monday cant come soon enough.

One more goal and 5-3 isn't horrible.

It really wasn't as bad the score would indicate. The Devils had some pretty nice stretches but didn't get any goaltending and made soem poor decisions with the puck tonight. Its going to take some time. This is your first season here. I think you're going to quickly realize how much of a bitch fest this place can sometimes be over the first ten games of this season.

Edited by SickMan

rough night. obviously brodeur was terrible, so let's get that out of the way. the 5 on 3 was a cruel joke but the PP looked a little better later - got the first goal.

rob niedermayer was out of position a fair amount. special needs is pretty much the perfect way to sum up his play.

liked what murphy brought.

bergfors obviously belongs in the NHL, but we knew that already.

would like to see much less 1 2 2. i also don't like that lemaire seems to be against dump and chase, which to me is the way parise-zajac-langenbrunner get things done.

between all the new players and the little adjustments the devils have to make i don't expect to fly out of the gate - 3 bad brodeur goals doesn't help matters.

the team looked pretty lifeless after philly made it 2-0.. i thought they had a great 1st period (especially the bergfors line) and they had some nice chances early in the 2nd, but once they made it 2-0, it was like they just stopped trying. the goals on brodeur were embarrassing to say the least, the only one that wasn't really his fault was the one that hit salvador's stick and went up and in the net on the richards' wrap-around. i thought rob niedermayer looked pretty solid. andrew peters is a joke; he looked fat and slow in preseason and he still does. i would imagine (and hope) p3l gets in the lineup on monday night (im not a fan of either but peters was disappointing tonight). im actually not a fan of the 4th line as a whole.. what is halischuk doing there? why is he matched with a goon and a 4th line center? swap him and pandolfo at least..

hopefully we see a better effort on monday.