Dano Must Play In Game 2

NJDF

Maybe he needed the rest....I'm not sure but Burns has to play him in game 2. He IS THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS. By him not playing in game one IF IF IF IF IF IF NJ wins the next three games he would not have gotten the opportunity (MAYBE) to play in front of the fans for his final game. We may win the Cup, we may lose the Cup; nothing is for certain....but we must err on the side of caution and let him play in game 2.

He deserves it.

GO DEVILS!!

Sorry, I don't think playing a guy who's clearly overmatched is good for the team.

I like Daneyko as much as anyone, and I'd love to see him play well, but I just don't think he can.

He's Mr. Devil, but his game does not match up with the Ducks. They will absolutely burn him if he plays.

If Albelin or Tverdovsky screws up, he'll be in, but the Ducks are a small team, Albelin and Tver can handle their men 1 on 1 along the boards and force prayer passes across the middle or passes around the boards. These two won't get beat with speed. And that's how the Ducks beat teams, except for their checking line.

I question that Tri.

I think he WAS over matched against the Sens, but I don't think that is the case with Anaheim.

Tivo still looks shaky and scared me too much last night. He just doens't fit yet. I think this could be Dano's swan song and he is steady enough for the Ducks.

MantaRay - I agree with

I think he WAS over matched against the Sens, but I don't think that is the case with Anaheim.
B)

But Burns knows what is best, and if he feels like playing Dano would be a gamble he just won't do it. We are vying for the cup! :evil:

Poor Dano! :(

The priority here is winning, not paying respect to Dano.

I could not agree more. We need to play our 6 best defensemen and not worry if this is Kenny's swan song. Dano has been great but if he'sot in the lineup then Burns is seeing more in the other guys.

Manta, the way Burns played Tverdovsky was stellar last night.

Most of the time, it was Elias-Gomez-Marshall Tverdovsky Albelin against Chistov Pahlsson Thomas. Tverdovsky should be on Chistov, Chistov is almost as good a stickhandler as Martin Havlat, but he is slower and smaller.

If Daneyko comes into the lineup, that puts Albelin on Chistov. While Albelin can beat Chistov one on one along the boards, he doesn't have the speed to make sure he's not beaten wide by this Samsonov-to-be.

That Ducks line will have to be broken up by the end of the series if Burns is able to keep that matchup, I do not think they will be able to score.. and the Devils made them a -1 last night with the Marshall goal.

I thought Tivo looked nervous/shaky in the beginning, had trouble handling the puck, made a few panic passes, icings, but then settled

down and played well. He can make up for some mistakes with his raw talent and skating ability. Dano cannot. Tivo will get more comfortable

as the series goes on. This is a great learning experience for him and I look forward to him playing D for the Devs for a long time.

I wasn't feeling "Stellar" watching him out of position and looking indecisive.

I agree with HAD in that this will be a learning experience for him, I just hope his mistakes don't put us in a bad position.

At least Dano will minimize the mistakes.

Tverdovsky hasn't been in any kind of rhythm since November.

Have to expect some rust, this guy is used to playing every game. Have to expect indecision too, but I thought he looked rather decisive last night.. more so than any other game I've seen him in the playoffs.

I really don't see the Devils play falling off with Dano in the lineup v. the Ducks. His experience will compensate for his slow feet v. the Duckies. Give him a home start when Burns has the last change and I don't see the Devils having any problems.

GO DEVILS!!

I think we are in a very fortunate situation that our #5 or #6 defensemen are probably better than everyone else's #3 & 4.

That being said; I would LOVE for Tivo to be our #5 guy, but he hasn't been dependable since his concussion/virual infection layoff.

I would love to see Dano play at least one more home game in the finals. Burns will do that for him; after all he is using the "former team" approach as the motivator for Tivo.

I would love to see Dano play at least one more home game in the finals. Burns will do that for him; after all he is using the "former team" approach as the motivator for Tivo.

I agree MantaRay. I'm not second guessing Burnsy's move here...I just don't do that anymore AND Tivo HAS to play v. his former team. I just really want to see Dano in there too.

Now some people thought Tivo was a little shaky last night but I liked him in there....WOW he was fast!!

SIDE NOTE:

The only player that had difficulty clearing the zone was Elias....he failed SOO MANY TIMES!! But I like his tenacity in the offensive zone.

GO DEVILS!!!

Maybe he needed the rest....I'm not sure but Burns has to play him in game 2. He IS THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS. By him not playing in game one IF IF IF IF IF IF NJ wins the next three games he would not have gotten the opportunity (MAYBE) to play in front of the fans for his final game. We may win the Cup, we may lose the Cup; nothing is for certain....but we must err on the side of caution and let him play in game 2.

He deserves it.

GO DEVILS!!

I disagree. This is not a trip down memeory lane. Play the guy who'll help us win whoever it is. That means Dano may sit for the finals. If that helps us win the cup, so be it.

Dano is Mr. Devil. Hopefully we'll be raising #3 to the rafters not long from now.