GDT: Pens @ Devils Fri 3/12 7pm EST

msweet

Our D is playing really well tonight

Excuse my ignorance of the minutiae, but was what Zajac did really "illegal" or does it simply fall under referee's discretion for incidental contact? Stick was legal, Travis was going for the puck, Fleury was barely in the crease. Seems like one of those judgment call scenarios to me.

i say it was clean. Zajac wasn't in the crease and was reaching for the puck. some may disagree tho

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All around good win. Team played very well. Skoula had a good game, Greene was amazing. Kovalchuk showed a lot of emotion. The Zajac play on Fleury was really debatable. On the one hand, he definitely pushed his glove away, but on the other hand it was incidental, Zajac was going for the puck, and Fleury was at the edge of the crease. I think it can be called either way.

I liked Skoula tonight. Nothing flashy but nice and solid. Greene made it fun! Kovalchuk was working so hard -- I really like him! Marty was great!

Agree on all accounts.

I think they gave up a few too many decent scoring chances but this is Pittsburgh they are playing against so there is no shame in that. One thing for sure is that this team looks a hell of a lot better with a top pairing defenseman, which is what Andy Greene played like tonight. Solid solid game.

This was by far the teams best game of 2010 and they essentially won what was basically a playoff type game tonight. For whatever reason they match up really well with the Penguins and I don't think its much of a stretch to think a healthy Paul Martin tips the scale in the Devils favor should the teams face each other this spring. But there is still lots of work to do before then.

When Brodeur plays like he did tonight not much else matters. If they get that type of tending from him they become that much harder to play against. With that being said it would be nice to see him take a seat tomorrow but that is unlikely considering they have 3 days off after that.

Edited by Sickman

What a game!!!! Marty was awesome all night long, especially in the third period. Kovalchuk had another good game, he just needs to stop making turnovers on the powerplay. Greene played awesome! Skoula played solid in those final few minutes and did the rest of the team in preserving the win.

Agree on all accounts.

When Brodeur plays like he did tonight not much else matters. If they get that type of tending from him they become that much harder to play against. With that being said it would be nice to see him take a seat tomorrow but that is unlikely considering they have 3 days off after that.

Danis needs to play tomorrow. Bruins on Monday actually.

Agree on all accounts.

I think they gave up a few too many decent scoring chances but this is Pittsburgh they are playing against so there is no shame in that. One thing for sure is that this team looks a hell of a lot better with a top pairing defenseman, which is what Andy Greene played like tonight. Solid solid game.

This was by far the teams best game of 2010 and they essentially won what was basically a playoff type game tonight. For whatever reason they match up really well with the Penguins and I don't think its much of a stretch to think a healthy Paul Martin tips the scale in the Devils favor should the teams face each other this spring. But there is still lots of work to do before then.

Yeah, this was their best game since the calendar turned and it's not even close. A lot of work to be done, but a very encouraging sign that they rose to the occasion like this tonight. One of the best efforts all season.

skoula has his odelein moments but in the 3rd period he played pretty well. and he only played 16:16, although some of that was because he got cut.

kovalchuk still can't buy a break - he scores one, but he's got to start converting on these breakaways. still, 3 points, and he's over a point a game now - he's making an impact, that's for sure.

zajac really had an excellent game too, i thought.

got some breaks from the referees, no doubt - the adams call is the right one, but it's a unfortunate situation, seems like it came on a bad icing call. whatever. right back in the division race.