GDT 3/18: Devils @ Leafs 7:30PM

msweet

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is what you get when you have a shameful powerplay, although the Devils actually did get some decent chances for once on that last one. It shouldn't have to come down to needing your goalie, who has started like 6 games all year, to steal the extra point. That division lead sure lasted long.

Danis was great all game and overmatched in the shootout. Big whoop, no big surprise.

Just about everyone pegged this game as a letdown game. We came away with a point from it, which is fine by me. This team doesn't even get that two weeks ago.

I'm beginning to think the Devils need to either stop doing the viewing parties or do them more often to shake this mini-curse: There's been three viewing parties on the year, and each one was a shootout loss. Weird.

I feel bad for Danis, but he did not even make an effort to challenge any shooters. You have to win these games in regulation or in OT, when backup goaltenders start, because they are usually ineffective in shootouts. The loses against sucky teams is continuing, but sucky teams are going to be the ones that are going to play very well these days. Hopefully they won't have a let down against St. Louis, who is a very dangerous road team.

sorry man i turned it on during overtime..i figured the whole "watching them" thing only counted in regulation. guess not.. :saddevil:

We lost the gayout. The game was a tie. We got a point, and Danis played fine (except in the gayout). The power play blows, but that's not news. Forget it and move on to Saturday.

Well this is what you get when you have a shameful powerplay, although the Devils actually did get some decent chances for once on that last one. It shouldn't have to come down to needing your goalie, who has started like 6 games all year, to steal the extra point. That division lead sure lasted long.

yea seriously..back in second place were we belong...the Penguins don't lose to last place teams which is why they are in 1st again.

I think the time has come to cut the sh!t and actually work on the PP. they say they're working on it, but it's the same thing and the same personnel every time. put the best players out on the ice at once. the way they're set up now, Elias plays the back end and Zubrus doesn't even play on it.

they punted this game pretty much, so getting a point is an accomplishment. Danis was much better in the actual game, but that SO was legendarily bad. even a D-teamer would have broke out the pokecheck on the first one. and no, not all backup goalies are bad at it. Clemmer was actually pretty damn good last year. but he actually played instead of hiding on the goalline.

Edited by maxpower

I feel bad for Danis, but he did not even make an effort to challenge any shooters. You have to win these games in regulation or in OT, when backup goaltenders start, because they are usually ineffective in shootouts. The loses against sucky teams is continuing, but sucky teams are going to be the ones that are going to play very well these days. Hopefully they won't have a let down against St. Louis, who is a very dangerous road team.

Would you care to explain how we would have a "letdown" after this game? That's pretty much not possible.

I think the time has come to cut the sh!t and actually work on the PP. they say they're working on it, but it's the same thing and the same personnel every time. put the best players out on the ice at once. the way they're set up now, Elias plays the back end and Zubrus doesn't even play on it.

they punted this game pretty much, so getting a point is an accomplishment. Danis was much better in the actual game, but that SO was legendarily bad. even a D-teamer would have broke out the pokecheck on the first one. and no, not all backup goalies are bad at it. Clemmer was actually pretty damn good last year. but he actually played instead of hiding on the goalline.

The power play is fvcking painful... painful. They still look to make plays that aren't there, and they don't move the puck with any effectiveness whatsoever. They don't get the other team moving around at all. If you're defending, just stand there and wait for a Devil to make a retarded pass. Intercept or block pass. Clear. Rinse, repeat.

Another loss to a last place team. :puke:

Another loss on the road now 2-11-2 in the last 15-games.

Another loss for Danis although he played very well until the SO, where he looked lost and frightened in the SO. Danis 0-3 career in the SO.

Another loss due to that PUTRID PP!!!! Two chances in the 3rd period on the PP and had at least 3 empty nets on that last PP with 3-min to go.

Another loss and wasted points because of the Devils PP.

Another LETDOWN game after a big win to put them in 1st place now drop back to 2nd with a game in hand with Pittsburgh.

Very concerned about this Devils PP and they better fvcking fix it before the playoffs begin or it will be another early exit in the playoffs. GOT TO SCORE ON THE PP when given oppurtunites to win the game especially late in the 3rd period! Sigh......

yea St Louis just beat a desperate Rags team ..We better come back strong and fvcking win Saturday. ...uggggh edmonton, islanders, toronto..8t45ut894nr5g8945 :evilcry::rant:

the Rangers aren't desperate, they're fvcking awful. the funny thing is that people complain we never beat bad teams, but we beat the Rangers last week, and again, they're fvcking awful. losing to them right now is much more unacceptable than losing to Toronto in OT, they're at least trying.

Boston's pretty crappy right now to, and we beat them. I mean, they avenged Savard by getting their brains bashed in.

here's the deal. they control their destiny, and their magic number is 5 over the Rangers and 7 over the Thrashers. if they play well next week, they're in the playoffs relatively early and can get set up to play playoff hockey while the bottom end beats the crap out of each other. unless they drive into a brick wall, they're opening at home against one of Philly/Ottawa/Montreal, regardless of whether they're the 2 or the 4.

Edited by maxpower

I thought this was a good point for the devils. Forget who the devils are playing and look at the circumstances. The devils just won an emotional game, played 3 games in 4 days, and had to go on the road for the last game against a well rested team. The Devils got a point they wouldn't have got a few weeks ago. Danis played well, but I think the devils would have got that extra point if Brodeur was in the shootout. Oh well, devils have a game at hand on the pens, and it will be an interesting race to the finish.

I thought this was a good point for the devils. Forget who the devils are playing and look at the circumstances. The devils just won an emotional game, played 3 games in 4 days, and had to go on the road for the last game against a well rested team. The Devils got a point they wouldn't have got a few weeks ago. Danis played well, but I think the devils would have got that extra point if Brodeur was in the shootout. Oh well, devils have a game at hand on the pens, and it will be an interesting race to the finish.

Thank you. The circumstances are much more important than the opponent in this case. It was a good point.

It was more not a bad point to drop than a good point to get type of game, I mean they could have had an epic fail at the end of regulation and we'd all be screaming and hollering about the defense again.

The only things that really annoyed me about the game was the power play and Zach not putting home that big chance late in the third. Danis kinda ruined a good performance with a ridiculously bad shootout but hey, if he didn't play well in regulation they wouldn't have gotten there anyway, plus you don't have to worry about the skills competition next month.

Does anyone know if Danis go's to Practice with the team,Because He should work on opening His Fvcking eyes during a shootout.

Dude, Danis is the last person to blame for this game. The guy held Toronto to 1 goal throughout regulation and OT. Maybe if Parise or Martin potted either of their open net chances instead of both missing wide it wouldn't have been an issue and we'd be praising Danis. Hell, we should be praising Danis anyway. He never plays, he got fvcking traumatized against the Isles a week ago when 3 of the 4 goals he gave up went in off of our own guys, and then he still comes out tonight to keep us in this game.

The problem is that we get pumped up and show how talented we really are against the best teams, and then turn it right back off and play down to the level of much less talented competition. Something's gotta change to wake these players up that they can't only give it all in big games just so they can completely suck in lesser games. The only good thing to take out of all this is that hopefully they'll show up to every playoff game.

He's being reasonable! GET HIM!