Kariya For 1.2 Mm?????

smelly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants a Cup, that's why he left. They weren't going to pay him what he wanted (which was too much) so he bailed.

No doubt :puke: I think the fact that Kariya signed a ONE-year deal says it all for me. I'd have more respect for him if he'd signed for several years at a higher salary, although less than the 10 mil he's been getting all along. It's pretty obvious that he's going to wait and see if the Dives can capture a Cup for him before he decides if he wants to ditch them for the best 'contender' he can find.

BTW on a related note, Selanne's even more of an a$$ now. I thought he didn't want to leave SJ? What changed in 4 months? :lol: I'm glad he didn't cause we won the Cup obviously but at the same time he still did diss us too :P

And I am the big Selanne fan - or USED to be anyway. :unsure::blink: I am not so fond of Teemu lately, not after that crap I heard about him dissing the DEVILS when it was rumored he was going to be traded here this past season. Now he is dissing the Sharks after saying he wanted to stay put, eeeeeeeh...... OK dude!!!! I guess he must be side by side with his best buddy Paul :P (are they TOO attached or what?)

BTW on a related note, Selanne's even more of an a$$ now. I thought he didn't want to leave SJ? What changed in 4 months? :lol: I'm glad he didn't cause we won the Cup obviously but at the same time he still did diss us too :P

I'm pretty sure he would have gone wherever Kariya wanted to go, even if it was on the east coast. Just as long as they played together.

What a jerk Kariya is. He and Selanne probably planned this with Colorado.

I have lost all respect for him and the Beach Boy.

Colorado is Public Enemy #1. I hope they lose every game!

What a jerk Kariya is. He and Selanne probably planned this with Colorado.

I have lost all respect for him and the Beach Boy.

Colorado is Public Enemy #1. I hope they lose every game!

Kariya and Selanne DID plan it in advance.

But not with PL.

They merely decided that Colorado was the best place for them to go.

And with Kariya's ridiculously low $ request, PL couldn't turn them down.

That's some package deal.

Check out the transcript of the press conference.

HOS, I would love to see the transcript to this. I still haven't found it. Was it posted here? I am curious to see what was said by Kariya.

Just to clarify, I don't like what he did because it seems to me that he did it out of spite (sound familiar) because Anaheim didn't show him the money ($10 million qualifier) up front. So, instead of being a good sport about it, he intentionally took the cheapest deal he could find so he could go reunite with his buddy and screw the team that drafted him. I never thought of Kariya in that light before. I guess he's not the great team guy I thought he was. I never saw this coming. I am shocked.

Kariya just likely wanted to go to Col so he wouldn't be singled out by Stevens again. With the Avs he'd be one target in many for the Devils to toss Stevens defensively against. :evil: He can hide, but he can't run.

Somewhat sucks? He was the captain, and his team cut his salary to try to improve the team like he had bitched about for so long.

Bourque didn't do the same thing.. Boston traded him, but it was his choice after having played in Boston for so long. Plus Bourque was 38 and Boston hadn't been to the Finals since 1990, and wasn't going to make it in 2000 or 2001.

This move reeks of opportunism, because Kariya's going to sign a huge deal after this season. Bourque went out on top. Kariya saw an opening and went for it, and I guess I don't blame him, but he's no longer the NHL's Golden Boy.

Somewhat sucks? He was the captain, and his team cut his salary to try to improve the team like he had bitched about for so long.

Bourque didn't do the same thing.. Boston traded him, but it was his choice after having played in Boston for so long. Plus Bourque was 38 and Boston hadn't been to the Finals since 1990, and wasn't going to make it in 2000 or 2001.

This move reeks of opportunism, because Kariya's going Golden Boy.to sign a huge deal after this season. Bourque went out on top. Kariya saw an opening and went for it, and I guess I don't blame him, but he's no longer the NHL's

Well said Tri. Well said. Since when could Kariya be in Bourque's class?

No, it's still not the same.. Bourque asked out because he had earned the good faith of management.. he had earned that by signing the previous contract to stay in Boston when he could have left for a better team.

Kariya left because his team didn't want to pay his exorbitant salary and wanted to be able to add pieces to a Western Conference champ team. So he left out of spite and greed and a desire to be a passenger on a Cup team rather than lead one. Bourque must have believed the promises of management to get him a Cup team when he signed his last contract with Boston, Kariya was one game away and left after that.. two totally different players, and it's why Bourque is still respected in this game despite the crass gesture by the Avs to retire his jersey and the ridiculous manner in which his Cup pursuit was shown, and why Kariya will not be respected..

Did he leave? Yes.

Nothing in my post says this is the same situation or even close the comparison of these two players. I don't even live in Boston and I know from talking to Twisted about this that the winning the Cup for Boston was complete bullsh!t. He was a great player and the ESPN love fest made us all puke and despise him but that doesn't take away from what he accomplished and the person he is.

Glad I have sigs and avatars off...can imagine the pics from HOS...sorry but besides bandwidth

HOS is the reason I have my sigs and avatars off...not because it takes time to load, but because of the crap he puts in them. :D