Rumor: Devils to Replace Brodeur With Price

Jerzey

Anyone subscribe to ESPN Insider? I remember seeing the rumors earlier this year that the Devils were looking to trade a top 3 forward to Montreal for Price. Maybe there's more to it than we know. Maybe Marty wants to finish his career in Montreal.

Thoughts?

Hopefully it's not too small, but it's the link at the bottom of the headlines section on the right.

Screenshot2010-04-23at50334PM.png

I took a screenshot because ESPN usually changes the Rumors link of their headlines pretty quickly.

Here's a link for now...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/

Edited by Jerzey Devil

I believe ESPN gets their rumors from outside sources, like newspapers or online articles. They probably just recently caught that old Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumor about the Devils having interest in Price as their future.

Edited by nmigliore

I believe ESPN gets their rumors from outside sources, like newspapers or online articles. They probably caught that Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumor from a few weeks ago.

Probably true, but it's the second time hearing about Price to NJ so I thought it was worth a topic.

all just ramblings from spector's hockey rumors. absolutely NOTHING of substance - just suppositions and "hey maybe's".

not to bash lyle, but it's really nothing more than what is discussed here. he links to beat writers' stories and implies what he'd like.

basically, all the ESPN stuff can be found in this blog post: http://community.foxsports.com/spector/blog/2010/04/23/devils_could_face_a_summer_of_change._

I don't think we're going after Price, I hope not anyway. But I do believe Marty wants to end his career, or at least play, in Montreal. Even though he's said countless times that he wants to be like Daneyko and just play for the Devils his whole career. Recently he has said that he plans to honor his current contract at least, and then see what kind of offers come in.

Elias to Vancouver is a joke. it's something Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) came up with two years ago, and Canuck fans wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

you think coming off this sh!tfest, the Devils are going to dump/trade Brodeur?

Yall crack me up with the Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) scenerio,lol thats funny.But why would we dump Brodeur yes he has let some soft goals in but he kept the flyers or any team running the score up on us.If we get rid of Brodeur trade or let him walk free agency than this would be the dumbest move ever made by the Devils organization

Here's the text behind it:

Martin Brodeur can't stay young forever, and already people are wondering if the 38-year-old's big-game days are over after the Devils were ousted in the playoffs.

There has long been speculation that the Devils would soon land an eventual successor to Brodeur, but GM Lou Lamoriello hardly seems to be in a hurry. He previously told the Newark Star-Ledger, "How can he be aging? He won 45 games!"

Still, Fox Sports' Lyle Richardson wonders if, this offseason, they'll finally go grad a young goalie -- and a perfect fit would be Montreal's Carey Price.

"If Price is the one to be moved he might be a good fit in New Jersey. He'd be away from the harsh spotlight of Montreal, and he'd be learning from the best in Brodeur. It could do wonders for Price's game," Richardson writes.

The St. Louis Blues might also be interested, and they have several young players to deal as assets. The Devils, however, lost several of their assets in their midseason trade for Ilya Kovalchuk.

There's also this:

Jamie Langenbrunner might end up being traded this offseason as part of a big overhaul for the New Jersey Devils.

He does have another year of a no-trade clause but as Fox Sports' Lyle Richardson writes, "Langenbrunner butted heads with head coach Jacques Lemaire late in the season over ice time. Perhaps he might be willing to waive it to move on."

The 34-year-old Langenbrunner might be dealt for a much-needed center or possibly a defenseman to replace Paul Martin, who is rumored to be leaving via free agency. Also, he may be part of a trade that brings a young goalie to town.

so the 'rumor' is some guy thinking it might be a good idea.

Yeah that's kind of bullsh!t.

Sorry bout that guys. I didn't realize that ESPN Insider was that lame. I figured if they make you pay for it there would be at least a little validity behind what they say.

At least we all now know to ignore the "Rumors" we see on ESPN's NHL home page. Those have always made me want to subscribe to ESPN Insider so it's at least off my mind now.