Anyone see Wings vs Yotes last night?

msweet

Well it was the Detroit "Flyer" Buzzsaws vs the Phoenix "Devils" Yotes (the western branch of NJ). That game looked so much like game 5 for us.

Detroit gave a hockey clinic in desire, hard work, unrelenting puck pressure, team work, 5 man defense, rolling 4 lines, and smart hockey for 60 full minutes. Heck, they were forechecking hard with their 3rd and 4th lines with a minute left up 6-1. Coyotes had no chance. In fact the Coyotes pp looked just like ours with pointless point shots, turnovers under pressure and no ability to strike fear or gaols. They had a long 5-3, when it mattered, and all they could do was blast some far away shots that Howard easily got.

We did not play even close to that Detroit level for more than than a few minutes during the first 3 games. Shameful. No desire.

Detroit impressed me in a big way. The West should watch out.

------

and on another note...

game situation:

one minute to go in the game... team facing elimination down 3-2 in games and 2-1 in the game..., you have your goaltender pulled and your#1 Center gets a face off in the offensive zone.... and....

he loses the faceoff twice in a row....guess who I am talking about?

no...not Patrik Elias (he's not a #1 Center).....it's Jason Arnott....Chi vs Nashville 2 days ago

..some things never change....

compare their top six to ours.

Amen we have as much talnet as Detroit does.

I would have put Kovie and Elias and Parise and Zajac and Zubrus up against Zetterberg Datsuk and who ever for them.

this Devils team horribly underachieved!

Certain individuals here just refuse to see it. I guess they have received their kool aid transfusions recently!

compare their top six to ours.

This is true, but Detroit has much more defensive talent then we do. Just look at how many points the defense accounted for last night. Detroit did work really hard and play with heart but Phoenix was also outclassed.

Odin be praised, I Still miss Rafalski.

+1

Amen we have as much talnet as Detroit does.

I would have put Kovie and Elias and Parise and Zajac and Zubrus up against Zetterberg Datsuk and who ever for them.

this Devils team horribly underachieved!

Certain individuals here just refuse to see it. I guess they have received their kool aid transfusions recently!

Datsyuk had as many even strength goals LAST GAME as Elias in his last 27 playoff games!!

The numbers are equally as embarrassing for all our other key players too....

You can't put the Devils talent in the same hemisphere as the Wings now!

Compare their bottom six to ours. Now you know why we won in '95, '00 and '03. It was because of the bottom six.

this is an over-simplification but it is true.

it didn't help that in recent times, the top guys don't show up either. but having a fairly constant attack, as opposed to this year's devils team which used it's 3rd and 4th line as breathing time for its other lines. i thought guys like eaves and draper and abdelgater had pretty good series.

this is an over-simplification but it is true.

it didn't help that in recent times, the top guys don't show up either. but having a fairly constant attack, as opposed to this year's devils team which used it's 3rd and 4th line as breathing time for its other lines. i thought guys like eaves and draper and abdelgater had pretty good series.

I am not going to speak to previous years, but we lost this year because our top players did not show up! Elias???? Parise???? Zajac???? Langs (HORRIBLE)??? Where weret hese guys? If our top 6 showed up agaisnt the Flyers we win the series in 5 games!

are you referring to the bottom six forwards? because the bottom six forwards have the least impact of anyone.

bottom six, meaning on the forward/defender/goalie chart. my terminology was incorrect. I was referring to the defense.

We won those cups because Stevens, Niedermayer played the entire game. When Rafalski joined Scotty - we became almost invincible.

bottom six, meaning on the forward/defender/goalie chart. my terminology was incorrect. I was referring to the defense.

We won those cups because Stevens, Niedermayer played the entire game. When Rafalski joined Scotty - we became almost invincible.

i still think the bottom 6 forwards are important - certainly least important, but important just the less.

we didn't lose to Philly because Rod Pelley, Rob Niedermayer and Dean McAmmond didn't score

we lost cause Langenbrunner, Zajac, and Elias didn't....and Parise and Kovy didn't get enough and the top 6 couldn't score 5-5 or 5-4

Detroit and NJ have a comparable top 6...with Kovy our top 6 are better.

we didn't lose to Philly because Rod Pelley, Rob Niedermayer and Dean McAmmond didn't score

we lost cause Langenbrunner, Zajac, and Elias didn't....and Parise and Kovy didn't get enough and the top 6 couldn't score 5-5 or 5-4

Detroit and NJ have a comparable top 6...with Kovy our top 6 are better.

If you think Zajac and Elias are presently as good in the big spot as Datsyuk and Zetterbrg, then you're as crazy as Lou is.... seriously....

notice that every good team that moved on has good to very good players as their 1-2 centers.... and we do not... we have a decent center and a guy playing out of position

Hell look across at the Flyer centers and it's even more obvious!

I was really pulling for the Yotes. It was nice seeing Pruu and Korp contribute to a winning team that worked its butt off. Kudos to Dave Tippett on an outstanding job. What was Dallas thinking? So what if Detroit stepped up and beat them bad in Game 7. They weren't even supposed to get there. Especially without Doan. Don't forget their best finisher Upshall missed half the season. They simply ran out of gas against a Cup proven team. There's no shame in that. Those guys never gave up. Wish we could say same for our teams.