LET'S GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

hattrick

Calling them the champs prematurely will only ensure that the flyers will end up winning the cup............yes we are rooting for the blackhawks but nothing is done yet. The Flyers (for some reason) are finding ways to win games and everything has been going their way. Lets hope it ends now, but anything can happen. lets go hawks.

Calling them the champs prematurely will only ensure that the flyers will end up winning the cup............yes we are rooting for the blackhawks but nothing is done yet. The Flyers (for some reason) are finding ways to win games and everything has been going their way. Lets hope it ends now, but anything can happen. lets go hawks.

Yup... there's a lot of hockey to be played.

I'll never embrace the Flyers, and I sure as hell won't ever root for 'em, but I gotta give those fvckers credit...they've done a hell of a job to get this far. Especially in the Boston series. They've been lucky, in that they've had a fairly easy path to get there (a #7 seed getting home ice in the ECF round?!), but all they can do is beat the teams opposing them, and they've taken down the teams who took down the "tougher" teams, so they've done all they could.

I'll never embrace the Flyers, and I sure as hell won't ever root for 'em, but I gotta give those fvckers credit...they've done a hell of a job to get this far. Especially in the Boston series. They've been lucky, in that they've had a fairly easy path to get there (a #7 seed getting home ice in the ECF round?!), but all they can do is beat the teams opposing them, and they've taken down the teams who took down the "tougher" teams, so they've done all they could.

Yea there is credit to be given to them, but I just dont think they are really this good, they just have been playing well. not making mistakes, working hard, and not giving up.

you realize if they win the cup, Devils/Flyers games at the rock will be a nightmare. I can just hear them now in our building. ... :puke:

Yea there is credit to be given to them, but I just dont think they are really this good, they just have been playing well. not making mistakes, working hard, and not giving up.

you realize if they win the cup, Devils/Flyers games at the rock will be a nightmare. I can just hear them now in our building. ... :puke:

I have a feeling the nightmare will become reality. I'm with Rockies 1976, I give the Flyers props for what they've done. It could end up being the most improbable run to a Stanley Cup ever.

I don't know who to cheer for guys. Sadly I'm kinda leaning on the flyers, only because my dad is a HUGE hawks fan, and I know my entire family will not hear the end of how great they are. You guys really have no idea how much he rubs salt in the wounds on any occasion. I love the hawks as a team, I really do, but I cannot stand the fact of my dad having his head up his own ass for the next few years til the Devils decide to win a cup...

Lets go Flyers?

It's hard not to love the Hawks.

that's funny, because i know a TON of people who absolutely hate the hawks lol. i like watching them and i've been to my fair share of hawks games over the past year or so but their fans do annoy me. a lot of them feel entitled and a sh!t ton of them only started rooting for the team within the past year. don't get me wrong, it's great for the city that the hawks are finally a good team again but their fans need to stop being SO arrogant all the time.

i went to two devils/hawks games at the united center and i got absolutely ripped apart for wearing a devils jersey. it left a bad taste in my mouth, especially since i was laying low and was being respectful. i actually AM somewhat of a hawks fan and respect the team. nothing is as bad as flyers fans (when attending a game as a devils fan), but i was actually surprised at how rude some of the fans were to me.

with that said, i'm definitely rooting for madden and the hawks over the flyers. i just find myself annoyed with the fans on both sides ha.

with that said, i'm definitely rooting for madden and the hawks over the flyers. i just find myself annoyed with the fans on both sides ha.

Same here. I understand why, and I understand the history and everything...but good GOD I'm sick of the bandwagon Hawks fans. It's a shame that the Flyers of all teams had to be the one to come out of the east and make me prefer a Hawks win. :(

Same here. I understand why, and I understand the history and everything...but good GOD I'm sick of the bandwagon Hawks fans. It's a shame that the Flyers of all teams had to be the one to come out of the east and make me prefer a Hawks win. :(

Eh, I feel that all teams (especially ones having a great couple of years after some very bad ones) have their bandwagoners. It's kind of unavoidable. When I root for a team, I think of the hard core fans that were there for the bad years, too. That's why I have to pull for Chicago. That last owner did his damndest to kill that team off.

Eh, I feel that all teams (especially ones having a great couple of years after some very bad ones) have their bandwagoners. It's kind of unavoidable. When I root for a team, I think of the hard core fans that were there for the bad years, too. That's why I have to pull for Chicago. That last owner did his damndest to kill that team off.

totally, but trust me -- a lot of hawks fans are newbies. i can't tell you how many times i was on the damon bus on my way to a game and overhearing multiple fans saying "...yeah, i only started watching hockey last year but im a HUGE fan!"

it's awesome that they are getting exposure again. chicago deserves a good team. it's just unfortunate that it's a TRENDY thing to be a hockey fan. there's nothing more awkward than a hipster hawks fan. you can spot them a mile away. they'll wear a child size hawks jersey, torn up skinny jeans with some sort of paint or dirt all over them, a bandana hanging from their back pocket, awful 'edgy' haircut, and an unfortunate pair of googly-eyed glasses straight from 1993.

anyway, they drink lots of PBR on the bus ride and like to shout "ironic" insults at anyone who isn't a hawks fan.

Edited by RD

I was rooting for the Hawks because I have friends in Chicago, but now that Philly is in, I'll be rooting even harder to Chicago to win.

WOAH! SLOW DOWN! LOL!

OK, this SCF between the Blackhawks and the Flyers are going to make NHL history as the most lopsided SCF ever! The entire world/planet as well as the other 8 planets will be rooting for the BLACKHAWKS! lol. Then there is this little spec of SH!T called Philthadelphia that will be rooting for the Flyers. GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

WOAH! SLOW DOWN! LOL!

OK, this SCF between the Blackhawks and the Flyers are going to make NHL history as the most lopsided SCF ever! The entire world/planet as well as the other 8 planets will be rooting for the BLACKHAWKS! lol. Then there is this little spec of SH!T called Philthadelphia that will be rooting for the Flyers. GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

Seven. Pluto's not a planet anymore.

totally, but trust me -- a lot of hawks fans are newbies. i can't tell you how many times i was on the damon bus on my way to a game and overhearing multiple fans saying "...yeah, i only started watching hockey last year but im a HUGE fan!"

it's awesome that they are getting exposure again. chicago deserves a good team. it's just unfortunate that it's a TRENDY thing to be a hockey fan. there's nothing more awkward than a hipster hawks fan. you can spot them a mile away. they'll wear a child size hawks jersey, torn up skinny jeans with some sort of paint or dirt all over them, a bandana hanging from their back pocket, awful 'edgy' haircut, and an unfortunate pair of googly-eyed glasses straight from 1993.

anyway, they drink lots of PBR on the bus ride and like to shout "ironic" insults at anyone who isn't a hawks fan.

They're also listening to The Strokes.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But in my mental picture of what you just described, all that's missing is The Strokes on an iPod.

I personally love the ones who "totally love Jonathan Toes".

Seven. Pluto's not a planet anymore.

They're also listening to The Strokes.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But in my mental picture of what you just described, all that's missing is The Strokes on an iPod.

I personally love the ones who "totally love Jonathan Toes".

Or on their shiny new IPAD!

Also, I like people who pronounce Byfuglien as it's spelled. (Like I did when he was a rookie, haha) Bye-fug-lien