Plekanec re-ups in Montreal

thelastonealive

Montreal continues to tease NJ with what they can get for $5 million. First Cammalleri and now Plekanec. And they were both signed almost a decade younger than Rolston.

how is this a tease? there's much less cap room in the league now than there was in 2008. plekanec had a 39 point season in 2008, and cammalleri has injury problems (and is signed for 6 million).

Edited by Triumph

how is this a tease? there's much less cap room in the league now than there was in 2008. plekanec had a 39 point season in 2008, and cammalleri has injury problems (and is signed for 6 million).

Trust me. I get all that. It just sucks as a fan to see Rolston making as much as these guys, good reasons or not.

Minimum 50% of your salary is eaten in taxes in Montreal, don't forget that. Plecs was their overwhelming #1 target this season, so I guess he wanted to be there. The Canadiens fans are happy with 6 years for 30mil

Edited by jim777

That what we said when Lou signed Rolston. Eh, he a thirty goal scorer!

yeah but Plekanec isn't 35 and somebody on the open market would have given him more. Too bad they're still paying their second center over 7 mil

What?? Where did you make that up from?

Last time I checked Personal income tax comparisons: Canada 31.6 % vs US 29.1%

You're overlooking the high provincial tax rate as well... 50% is far more accurate than 31.6%

http://www.cra-arc.g.../txrts-eng.html

...and then 12% sales tax. :P

Edited by aylbert

they dump halak and sign Pleckanec

Regarding Halek and the highway, Cary Price had better do all and more that the organization expects him to. Hell, wonder boy had better take Les Habitants to the finals and one up Halek by winning the bloody cup or he's going to be dead man walking in Montreal next season.

Believe me, I know my brethren quite well.

:ECW: