2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

I really like what the Jets have done outside of the draft this offseason and I agree, the secondary's depth is nothing to scoff at.

With hockey over in less than a month, I'm starting to get football pangs. One thing about the year flying by is that at least football will be here sooner rather than later.

• 2 weeks later...

The Devils win has me so euphoric that it made me want to search out this euphoric moment for NY Jets fans. This is THE Jets game of my youth. Pick it up at 1 hour, 15 minutes for the good stuff. :)

"Ladies and gentlemen, you've seen one of the greatest games in NFL history." -- Dick Enberg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bwFfFOR_Kg&feature=BFa&list=PLBA7E2B7365C8724C

Edited by Jerrydevil

• 3 weeks later...

LaDainian called it a career today.

I loved LT as a Charger.. one of my favorite players growing up. Even though his better days were well behind him, I thought he was a serviceable Jet..

..go join C`Mart in Canton :clap2:

CMartLT.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's mostly against Cincy's 2nd team offense, but Coples has looked very impressive tonight.

Indeed, he earned rave reviews

Also love McKnights explosiveness. Most importantly he held on to the football.

Bilal Powell looked meh. Starting to wonder if this guy is going to make it in the league. Poor vision for a running back.

Powell has actually been getting talked up as being Greene's backup ahead of McKnight, so he must be impressing in camp. He didn't stand out at all in Friday's game though and I remember him failing to prevent a sack on Sanchez once. McKnight looked great indeed.

I don't get the Bilal Powell hype either but really it's gonna be hard for anyone to run behind this o-line as long as they're playing like s**t. I really don't get why the o-line's fallen off so dramatically with Ferguson, Moore and Mangold still on it (it can't be all Slauson and Hunter's fault), has D-Brick gotten fat and happy after getting re-signed? He had a poor year last year.

The Good..

..Greene & Coples. Though he may not be lighting the world on fire, 50 yrds on 15 carries (against 1st string defenses) is more than serviceable from your #1 back. He's showing that consistency that you'd hope for from a 1,000 yrd RB. For the ground & pound to really be effective, Greene doesn't need to be Maurice Jones-Drew. But he needs to (at least) give you 4½ yrds per carry.. which is what he did last year, and it looks as though he's showing it again now.

Meanwhile in 2 games, Quinton's got 2 sacks.. 1 forced fumble.. and 1 blocked pass. His tackles have not only been timely, they've been down right arresting. He's 22 years old, and very raw.. but his physical skills resemble those of Pierre-Paul's. If you look at the measurable when JPP came out and Quinton Coples, the similarities are identical. I'm not saying he's the next Julius Peppers.. but in 2 preseason games, he's done more than 3 seasons worth of what was Vernon Gholston's entire Jet career. ^_^

The Bad..

..Wayne Hunter. My God, is there a worse RT in the league?! *Wayne Hunter* was trending world-wide last night he was so bad!! Can Vlad REALLY be that much worse.. because quite honestly, I don't see how that's possible. 13 other teams of the Jets opponents are going to be watching footage from last nights game, licking their chops. Hunter is lucky if he makes it till Tuesday on this roster, because after last night, something needs to be done ASAP.

The Ugly..

..Tim Tebow. How in the world did this guy do what he did last season?! I know Tebow fans will look at his 40 yrds rushing on 6 carries throughout these last two games, as their beacon of hope in trying to make a case why he should start. But my God man.. a 35% completion percentage last night? :blink: He was missing people so badly, the fans had a chance at catching the ball. I didn't think it could get uglier then when he overthrew Cumberland in the 3rd quarter.. but then that lame duck of a pass to a WIDE OPEN Hill for what would have been a guaranteed TD in the 4th?! -Pathetic!

Yes, he's playing with a 2nd sting offensive line and 3rd string WR's.. I get that. But when you throw the ball 25 times, you've got to complete more than 9 passes.. I'm sorry. It's not like the receivers are dropping them either.. these throws are way off target. I'm almost glad in a way that he's been so bad over these last 2 weeks. It'll put any\all "QB Controversy" to bed, because Sanchez is light-years ahead of Tebow.

Awful, awful, awful. This SUPER SECRET Wildcat stuff better be the savior of this offense cause right now everyone stinks.

..the offense that they've been showing\running, has been deliberately vanilla. They are keeping this whole wildcat thing under wraps, to unveil for the regular season. Alot of it will depend on how they deploy Tebow. I personally think it will work, until other teams find a way to stop it. (which may take weeks) The hope is that you can catch enough people off guard at the start of the season to jump to a 4-1.. 6-2 type record, and then hang on with enough wins at that point (even if you're .500 for the 2nd half of the season) to finish the year @ 10-6, which should be enough for a playoff berth.

We'll see..

Edited by Beezer34

The Ugly..

..Tim Tebow. How in the world did this guy do what he did last season?! I know Tebow fans will look at his 40 yrds rushing on 6 carries throughout these last two games, as their beacon of hope in trying to make a case why he should start. But my God man.. a 35% completion percentage last night? :blink: He was missing people so badly, the fans had a chance at catching the ball. I didn't think it could get uglier then when he overthrew Cumberland in the 3rd quarter.. but then that lame duck of a pass to a WIDE OPEN Hill for what would have been a guaranteed TD in the 4th?! -Pathetic!

Yes, he's playing with a 2nd sting offensive line and 3rd string WR's.. I get that. But when you throw the ball 25 times, you've got to complete more than 9 passes.. I'm sorry. It's not like the receivers are dropping them either.. these throws are way off target. I'm almost glad in a way that he's been so bad over these last 2 weeks. It'll put any\all "QB Controversy" to bed, because Sanchez is light-years ahead of Tebow.

Congratulations on finally figuring out what almost everyone else, starting with John Elway, already knows: Tim Tebow, QB, stinks. He only did what he did last season because the Bronco defense got hot for a while, and was able to keep the Broncos in the game just long enough for Tebow to put a drive together...Tebow got way too much credit for that Bronco run...as the Patriots showed, put some points on the board and a Tebow-led offense has absolutely NO chance to keep up.

Having said that, I'm curious to see what Tim Tebow, football player, might be able to do. I could see him become a decent utility player-type. But there should be no controversy at all as far as the QB position...job should be 100% Mark Sanchez's...jury is still on how good he can be, but yeah, he's miles ahead of Tebow. And he still has a solid playoff resume to boot.

I thought the D was incredibly impressive yesterday...if it ever had a weakness it was not getting to the QB enough and certainly did that, knocking manning down several times.

Not sure how to evaluate the offense. No Holmes, no Kerley, no Schilens. Basically we had a #5(turner) and a good looking rookie who hasn't established himself as anything yet (Hill)

Greene was fine.

Sanchez didn't look to bad either...despite being under siege because of the incompetence of Wayne Hunter. Hopefully the Jets can upgrade him in the coming weeks, because he's a MASSIVE weak link on an otherwise decent O-Line. He gets beat every single time and badly

Wouldn't mind a new punter either.

Tebow is a runner with a threat of a pass, that's the only way he will be used this season. Basically it would shock me if they let him throw more than twice a game out of whatever wildcat package they will be running

Edited by '7'

This offense scares me. Even with a healthy Santonio, the receiving depth isn't going to be strong. Really need an NFL-caliber #2 WR. I love Hill's upside, but it seems foolhardy to expect him to be useful right away and the guys behind him are, at best, #3/4 types. One injury to Santonio in the regular season (if he can even manage to get healthy from this current rib injury) could really throw the offense into shambles. It doesn't help that the offensive lines has some holes too, which are well-known by now (Wayne Hunter is just terrible). It certainly seems like the Jets' defense is going to have to be excellent/elite for the Jets to have a winning season.

Edited by nmigliore

I thought the D was incredibly impressive yesterday...if it ever had a weakness it was not getting to the QB enough and certainly did that, knocking manning down several times.

Not sure how to evaluate the offense. No Holmes, no Kerley, no Schilens. Basically we had a #5(turner) and a good looking rookie who hasn't established himself as anything yet (Hill)

Greene was fine.

Sanchez didn't look to bad either...despite being under siege because of the incompetence of Wayne Hunter. Hopefully the Jets can upgrade him in the coming weeks, because he's a MASSIVE weak link on an otherwise decent O-Line. He gets beat every single time and badly

Wouldn't mind a new punter either.

Tebow is a runner with a threat of a pass, that's the only way he will be used this season. Basically it would shock me if they let him throw more than twice a game out of whatever wildcat package they will be running

With Tony Sapprano as OC, an average OL, another year of new receviers to adjust to, a questionable running game I would say your pretty much doomed. Your D will be drained by the fourth quarter.

Tannenbaum has set Sanchez up for failure for the second year in a row, but only now Sanchez will be fighting a war on two fronts: The opposition Defense and the knee jerk reation Jets "fans" calling for Tebow by half time. It is going to be a long painful season for the Jets.

With Tony Sapprano as OC, an average OL, another year of new receviers to adjust to, a questionable running game I would say your pretty much doomed. Your D will be drained by the fourth quarter.

Tannenbaum has set Sanchez up for failure for the second year in a row, but only now Sanchez will be fighting a war on two fronts: The opposition Defense and the knee jerk reation Jets "fans" calling for Tebow by half time. It is going to be a long painful season for the Jets.

As a Fins fan and a former victim of Tony Sparano's offensive ineptitude, I can pretty much guarantee Jet fans will want to kill Sparano by Halloween. He's more conservative than Rush Limbaugh. And stupid. Conservative and stupid is no way to go through life.

• Like 1

Conservative and stupid is...

...Redundant

As a Fins fan and a former victim of Tony Sparano's offensive ineptitude, I can pretty much guarantee Jet fans will want to kill Sparano by Halloween. He's more conservative than Rush Limbaugh. And stupid. Conservative and stupid is no way to go through life.

Jet fans are going to regret losing Schottenheimer by game five after watching the trainwreck that is Tony Sapprano.

...Redundant

Jet fans are going to regret losing Schottenheimer by game five after watching the trainwreck that is Tony Sapprano.

Oh they'll love it when Meatball is FIST PUMPIN' those field goals. I wanted to punch him in the face every time with the fist pumps. 20 yard FG after a 3-and-out from the opponent's 10? FIST PUMP!!!!! Lmfao, the Fins may suck this year too, but at least I get the amusement of a Tony Sparano-led Jets offense with Tim Tebow. I mean... Lmfao.

Oh they'll love it when Meatball is FIST PUMPIN' those field goals. I wanted to punch him in the face every time with the fist pumps. 20 yard FG after a 3-and-out from the opponent's 10? FIST PUMP!!!!! Lmfao, the Fins may suck this year too, but at least I get the amusement of a Tony Sparano-led Jets offense with Tim Tebow. I mean... Lmfao.

I will never understand this hire. He is a HORRIBLE offensive coach. I am starting to think Tannebaum is very, very overrated. Yes, he got firesale talent cheap (Favre, Edwards, Holmes, Sapprano), but he has gotten even less return for these transactions. The Jets haven't had any development or improvement of the O-line since they released Fanica.

It's a little too early to shovel dirt on the Jets offense considering it's pre season and Holmes, Kerley, and Shilens have yet to see the field, and the Jets have been very vanilla....and Sparano didn't even call plays in Miami...Dan Henning did

It's a little too early to shovel dirt on the Jets offense considering it's pre season and Holmes, Kerley, and Shilens have yet to see the field, and the Jets have been very vanilla....and Sparano didn't even call plays in Miami...Dan Henning did

Calling plays isn't the be all and end all. Sparano had a LOT of input in the offense. Too much IMO, because he's a fvcking moron who isn't even a decent o-line coach. Trust me, I was subject to his buffoonery for 3 and a half seasons. Lol, you guys will be begging for Schottenhiemer to come back by week 7.