The Albany/Trenton Devils Thread

Triumph

the scout night where they lost 7-6 was a very fun game, one of the best i've ever been to...attendance was actually over 5,000 and the place had energy. if they had the players necessary they would've won the game, but at least it was an exciting atmosphere...too bad that's not usually the case.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albany defeated Adirondack 2-1 in a fight filled game. Wiseman and Sestito scored for the Devils and McKenna picked up the win in goal. Here is the gamesheet.

Trenton defeated Toledo 3-2 in a shootout win. Lombardi had both Trenton goals in regulation, as well as a goal in the shootout, and Lerg picked up the win in net. Here is the gamesheet.

the scout night where they lost 7-6 was a very fun game, one of the best i've ever been to...attendance was actually over 5,000 and the place had energy. if they had the players necessary they would've won the game, but at least it was an exciting atmosphere...too bad that's not usually the case.

Decent crowd for Zancanaro Bobblehead night too. They hardly ever do those kinds of promotions though. they do one bobblehead a year and other than that it's those stupid bam bam sticks and the flags.

the flags are cool, but we've got 4 sets of them now at least. I don't need that many flags. At least the last ones were white with a red logo. Must have 10 sets of bam bam sticks.

The Toledo game was a rough one hockey wise; neither team was really good. First period was ok but in the second both looked like they hit the sauce during intermission. The third got better, we got a lead and quickly gave it up. Lerg must've loved seeing defenseman Jordan Southorn head to the bench as toledo rushed which created a 2 on 1 that they scored on to go up 2-1. Managed to tie it up right at the end and Lerg was good in the shootout (overall one of his better games this year at home anyway) and the Toledo netminder couldn't match him. Ryan Hayes had a sick move, the sort that often can't be pulled off at this level but he did it.

The challenge for Trenton (and Lerg) is to follow it up with another strong effort. They were gutty the last game vs Reading, so maybe they've got a little something going. Signed two more guys today so we'll likely see them in the lineup tomorrow.

Albany won once again, defeating Springfield 2-1 thanks to goals by Vasyunov and Mills with Caruso in net. Here is the gamesheet.

Some Trenton roster transactions:

http://tdevils.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/game-62-pre-game-notes/

The Trenton Devils announced the signings of two players Friday, defenseman Matt Godlewski and forward Bryan Haczyk. The announcements were made by Albany and Trenton General Manager Chris Lamoriello.

Godlewski, 23, comes to Trenton from Princeton University (ECAC), where he accumulated 26 points and 74 penalty minutes in 102 games over the past four seasons.

Haczyk, 23, who hails from Nutley, NJ, joins the Devils after four seasons at Niagara University (AHA). His 28 goals in 2010-11 were second most in NCAA Division-I hockey and his 45 points ranked 13th in the nation.

http://tdevils.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/devils-add-two-from-providence-college/

The Trenton Devils have added two forwards from Providence College (Hockey East) today, signing Ben Farrer to an amateur tryout contract and Matt Germain to a standard player contract. The announcements were made by Albany and Trenton General Manager Chris Lamoriello.

Farrer, 22, set career highs in goals (4), assists (12), and points (16) this season for the Friars, appearing in each of the team’s 34 games. He compiled 26 points in 105 games over the past four seasons, and three of his five career goals were game-winners.

Germain, 24, appeared in all 34 contests for Providence this season, and was second on the team in goals (10) and third in points (20). In four years with the Friars, the Rockland, MA native accumulated 18 goals and 38 assists in 134 games.

Albany continued their hot streak, defeating Syracuse 4-1. Perkovich had two goals and Wiseman and Leblond added the others. Vasyunov and Sestito each had two assist. Here is the gamesheet.

Trenton defeated Elmira 3-2 in a shootout. They tied the game with two third period goals from Ginand and Kell respectively. Lerg made 33 saves on 35 shots. Trenton had 52 shots in the game, 11 by Ginand. Here is the gamesheet.

Albany extended their win streak to 5 games with another victory over Syracuse, winning the game 6-1. Wiseman had a goal and 2 assists and Henrique and Zalewski had a goal and an assist each. Here is the gamesheet.

Trenton lost 3-2 in a 10 round shootout in which they only scored a goal. Lombardi and Charleston were the goal scorers for Trenton and Lerg made 32 saves on 34 shots in the game, then 8 saves on 10 attempts in the shootout. Here is the gamesheet.

Decent crowd for Zancanaro Bobblehead night too. They hardly ever do those kinds of promotions though. they do one bobblehead a year and other than that it's those stupid bam bam sticks and the flags.

the flags are cool, but we've got 4 sets of them now at least. I don't need that many flags. At least the last ones were white with a red logo. Must have 10 sets of bam bam sticks.

The Toledo game was a rough one hockey wise; neither team was really good. First period was ok but in the second both looked like they hit the sauce during intermission. The third got better, we got a lead and quickly gave it up. Lerg must've loved seeing defenseman Jordan Southorn head to the bench as toledo rushed which created a 2 on 1 that they scored on to go up 2-1. Managed to tie it up right at the end and Lerg was good in the shootout (overall one of his better games this year at home anyway) and the Toledo netminder couldn't match him. Ryan Hayes had a sick move, the sort that often can't be pulled off at this level but he did it.

The challenge for Trenton (and Lerg) is to follow it up with another strong effort. They were gutty the last game vs Reading, so maybe they've got a little something going. Signed two more guys today so we'll likely see them in the lineup tomorrow.

I don't mind the flags, I think they're pretty cool, and so are the thunderstix. I wish they'd find ways to get more asses in the seats than cheap promos though.

Albany blew leads of 3-0, 4-2, and 5-4, but won 6-5 on a shoot out goal by Zalewski. In the game Wiseman lead the way with a goal and 2 assists, Anderson had a goal and an assist, and McKenna stopped 40 of 45 shots as well as all 3 shooters in the shoot out. Here is the gamesheet.

Trenton defeated Toledo 5-4 in overtime thanks to 2 goals by Lombardi, including the game winner. Lerg got the win in goal stopping 44 of 48 shots. Here is the gamesheet.

I see Sova was a +1 and apparently was playing with Jay Leach. Darcy Zajac is working out in Albany too.

Oops, I completely overlooked the fact it was Sova and Hoeffel's first AHL game. Hopefully those two can get something out of the remaining games.

I know its unlikely but I'm really pulling for Darcy to make the Devils as a 4th liner one day. Even if it just happened once it would be cool to see him on the team with Travis.

While we're talking about the Zajacs' I wonder if Lou tries to sign Kelly after next year. He had a breakout year at Union playing in 39 games and going 13-29-42. I believe he would be a free agent. Also is Nolan Zajac elgible for this years draft? In his second USHL season as a defenseman he has put up 26 points in 38 games, tied for 10th in defense scoring, and is a +17 with 8 PIM.

Oops, I completely overlooked the fact it was Sova and Hoeffel's first AHL game. Hopefully those two can get something out of the remaining games.

I know its unlikely but I'm really pulling for Darcy to make the Devils as a 4th liner one day. Even if it just happened once it would be cool to see him on the team with Travis.

While we're talking about the Zajacs' I wonder if Lou tries to sign Kelly after next year. He had a breakout year at Union playing in 39 games and going 13-29-42. I believe he would be a free agent. Also is Nolan Zajac elgible for this years draft? In his second USHL season as a defenseman he has put up 26 points in 38 games, tied for 10th in defense scoring, and is a +17 with 8 PIM.

If Kelly wants to play in the organization, I don't see any reason why not, but again, like Darcy, he has almost no shot at the NHL.

Nolan Zajac would have been draft eligible last year, and is again draft eligible this year.

If Kelly wants to play in the organization, I don't see any reason why not, but again, like Darcy, he has almost no shot at the NHL.

Nolan Zajac would have been draft eligible last year, and is again draft eligible this year.

Let's collect them all and have a promotional Zajac Family night where they give away bobbleheads and posters and we start the night with all four of them out on the ice.

Notes: The Albany Devils have signed defenseman Mike Banwell to an amateur tryout contract.

Albany lost to Syracuse 6-2. Davison and Mills scored for the Devils with Zalewski adding 2 assists. Here is the gamesheet.

Trenton defeated Kalamazoo 3-2 thanks to the shoot out. Leaderer and Hayes scored in regulation for the Devils and Lerg made 43 saves on 45 shots and earned 1st star. Here is the gamesheet.

Notes: Albany has signed Ryan Ginand, a 24-year-old forward from Milford, Mass., to a professional tryout contract. Ginand (29-46–75 in 68 games) is tied for third in ECHL scoring for the Trenton Devils.

Albany lost to Hershey 7-4. Henrique led the offense with 2 assists and Frazee made 38 saves on 44 shots. Sova (assist) and Ginand (goal) picked up their first AHL points. Here is the gamesheet.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Just out of curiosity, how many of those are powerplay points? Wasn't Union's PP running around 30% for the season?

I looked it up and all I could find is that Union's PP was at about 31% this year and Zajac had 2 PP goals. I haven't been able to find how many of his assist came off the PP yet.

Albany lost a wild one to Adirondack 9-5. At one point they were down 9-2. Hoeffel scored his first professional goal, Henrique and Vasyunov added a goal and an assist, and Sova continued his point production with an assist. Here is the gamesheet for all the documented madness.

Trenton lost to Reading 6-3. Prough had 2 goals and an assist, Hayes added the other goal, and Berube had 2 assists. Reading had 2 empty net goals. Here is the gamesheet.

Forgot this Henrique article and to mention Ginand was named to the All-ECHL Second Team.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=557846

Whatever approach Henrique has taken is paying big dividends, as he enters the final two weekends of the regular season ranked second on Albany with 46 points, including a team-high 24 goals. His five game-winning goals are tops on the Devils, as are his 8 power-play goals and 20 points with the man advantage.

"His biggest strength is his hockey sense. He sees both sides of the game, offensively and defensively, and he's a smart hockey player," Kowalsky said. "I think the other side of it is for a young kid making the jump to the American League, he's strong on the puck, real strong stick, and one of his biggest assets is a real good shot. He knows where to put it, he gets it off quick, and it's hard."

Albany lost a wild one to Adirondack 9-5. At one point they were down 9-2. Hoeffel scored his first professional goal, Henrique and Vasyunov added a goal and an assist, and Sova continued his point production with an assist. Here is the gamesheet for all the documented madness.

Trenton lost to Reading 6-3. Prough had 2 goals and an assist, Hayes added the other goal, and Berube had 2 assists. Reading had 2 empty net goals. Here is the gamesheet.

whats the deal on sova? is he just a depth PMD or does he have a legit chance to make the devils?