The Albany/Trenton Devils Thread

Triumph

New addition Steve Zalewski stepped up to tie the game with minutes left in regulation and Adam Henrique added the winner in Albany's 4-3 win over Charlotte. Zalewski had a goal on 2 shots, Henrique had a goal and was a +2, and Josefson was a +2.

Darcy Zajac picked up his 2nd Gordie Howe Hat Trick in Trenton's 5-2 win over Reading tonight. He had 2 goals, an assist, 3 shots, was a +3, with 5 PIM.

Nice update.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask why you thought that?

I actually mean that quite sincerely - what gave you hope that the Devils would field a competitive minor league team in Trenton?

I will say I expected greater things out of Kevin Dean, who even admits to having basically given up on this bunch.

They had a good run last year, I thought with some moves behind the bench and experience under the players belts, they'd have a better product on the ice..

That brings Henrique's totals up to 16-15-31 in 47 games, tied for the team lead in goals, second in points. His +2 rating is solid considering how bad the team's differential is. Also only 10 PIM so he must be pretty disciplined. Compared to other AHL rookies, he's tied for 4th in goals and is 11th in rookie points overall. Nice season for him so far.

Josefson is 3-9-12 in 18 games also with a +2.

Urbom is 1-13-14 in 46 games with a -6.

Albany had a 4 goal 3rd period, scoring 2 of them in the final minute, in 5-4 win over Worcester.

Gionta G, A, +1, 4 Shots

Zalewski G, A, +1, 7 shots

Henrique G, A, E, 6 shots, 4 PIM

Berube +1, 1 Shot

Zajac 2 Shots, 2 PIM

Vasyunov -1, 5 PIM* I believe this was his first career fight.

Urbom A, +2, 2 Shots

I believe this was the first time these teams played each other since the Davis, Swift-Zalewski, Leach trade. Swift had a good night against his old teammates with 2 A and a +1 rating. EDIT: I should've checked but was too lazy before, Swift's night started out well, but turned into hell when he was on the ice for Albany's tying and winning goals. My apologies.

Trenton lost 5-2 to Elmira.

Young A, E, 3 Shots, 2 PIM

Nagy 1 Shot, 2 PIM

Edited by thefiestygoat

Albany had a 4 goal 3rd period, scoring 2 of them in the final minute, in 5-4 win over Worcester.

Gionta G, A, +1, 4 Shots

Zalewski G, A, +1, 7 shots

Henrique G, A, E, 6 shots, 4 PIM

Berube +1, 1 Shot

Zajac 2 Shots, 2 PIM

Vasyunov -1, 5 PIM* I believe this was his first career fight.

Urbom A, +2, 2 Shots

Sounds like it was a pretty exciting game. That brings Henrique up to 17-16-33 on the season, just 3 points behind the rookie point leader, and tied for third overall in rookie goals. Nice.

Albany lost in the last second of overtime 4-3 to Binghamton. There next game is today at 4 against Adirondack.

Zalewski 2 G, E, 8 Shots* 5-1-6, -1, 21 Shots, 0 PIM in 5 games since joining the Devils.

Henrique E, 5 Shots

Berube 1 Shot

Vasyunov G, E, 6 Shots

Urbom -1, 3 Shots

Wiseman A, -1, 2 Shots

Mills A

Zajac 1 Shot, 5 PIM (Fighting)* He seems to be on a fighting binge lately.

Anderson A, E, 7 Shots

McKenna 30 Saves on 34 Shots

Trenton defeated Elmira 3-2 on 3 power play goals. There next game is today at 4 against Wheeling.

Young 2 Shots, E, 5 PIM (Fighting)* Right after Elmira went up early, sparked Trenton.

Ginard 2 G (Both PP), -2, 8 Shots

Vokes 2 A, E, 4 Shots

Charleston 2 A, -2, 5 Shots, 2 PIM (Hooking)

Akeson G (PP), E, 2 Shots

Leaderer A, E, 6 Shots

Zancanaro A, E, 1 Shot, 2 PIM (Roughing)

Lerg 36 Saves on 38 Shots

Albany defeated Adirondack 4-3 in the shoot out. There next game is Friday at 7:30 in Springfield.

Magnan +2, 1 Shot, 2 PIM (Roughing)

Gionta A, +1, 1 Shot

Sestito G, +1, 4 Shots, 2 PIM (Elbowing)* 3rd Star

Zalewski -1, 3 Shots

Henrique A, -1, 4 Shots* Scored the only goal in the shoot out.

Berube +1

Zajac +1, 2 PIM (Holding)

Vasyunov E, 3 Shots

McIntyre A, +1, 2 Shots

Anderson A, -1, 2 Shots, 16 PIM (Delay of game, 2 Hookings, Misconduct)

Urbom E, 1 Shot, 2 PIM (Interference)

Leblond G, +1, 2 Shots, 5 PIM (Fighting)

Prough G, E, 6 Shots

Caruso 22 Saves on 25 Shots* 1st Star

Trenton defeated Wheeling 4-2. There next game is Wednesday at 7:05 in Reading.

Young +1, 5 PIM (Fighting)

Stoesz G, 2 Shots, 6 PIM (High-sticking minor and double minor)* 3rd Star

Ginard 2 A, +1, 4 Shots* 2nd Star

Charleston G, A, +1, 2 Shots* 1st Star

Hayes G, +1, 3 Shots

Nagy A, +1, 1 Shot

Akeson G, E, 5 Shots

Connelly 22 Saves on 24 Shots

you mean they have a legit shot at the AHL, right? neither of these guys will come close to an NHL team.

They both will make the AHL no doubt. I wouldn't be shocked to see them crack the NHL one day..maybe only as a fourth liner but they both have some dirty moves. How many times have you seen them play in person? I was there for Charleston's 4 goal game, it was an amazing sight...if he didn't get kicked out he might've had more.

2/25

Note: Nagy is back in Albany.

Albany lost to Sprinfield 5-2. Albany's next game is tomorrow in Hershey at 7.

Prough Goal, E, 4 Shots

Sestito E, 4 Shots* Played against his brother Tom tonight.

Henrique -1, 1 Shot

Berube Assist, -1, 2 Shots

Zajac Assist, -1, 1 Shot

Nagy E, 1 Shot

Urbom -1

Leblond Goal, -1, 1 Shot, 2 PIM (Cross-Check)

Caruso 15 Saves on 20 Shots in 40 Minutes

McKenna 5 Saves on 5 Shots in 20 Minutes

Trenton lost to Gwinnett 3-2. Trenton has a rematch with Gwinnett in Trenton at 7:30 tomorrow.

Vokes Assist, +1, 2 Shots

Ginand Goal, +1, 4 Shots, 2 PIM (Tripping)

Charleston Assist, +1, 8 Shots, 4 PIM (Unsportsmanlike, Hooking)

Hayes Goal, +2, 5 Shots, 2 PIM (Tripping)

Miller Assist, +2, 3 Shots

Leaderer Assist, E, 3 Shots

Lerg 29 Saves on 32 Shots in 59:08 Minutes

Edited by thefiestygoat

if i may offer a suggestion: all this information is nice and you're clearly putting in a lot of effort to put it in here, but it's a little overwhelming. i think less is more - single out one or two players and note their recent exploits.

True, I wasn't quite sure what the best way to go was. At first I was thinking just strictly prospects - but then leaves me posting only maybe 2 or 3 guys from Albany that may have not done anything of note in the game and no guys from Trenton. I sort of decided to model if after River Ave Blues "Down on the Farm" if anyone here is familiar with that. Should I go back to just mentioning 2 or 3 guys in a about 2 sentences and perhaps posting a link to the game sheet?

Albany lost 4-3 against Hershey. Magnan, Henrique, and Mills scored for Albany with 6 different Devils picking up assist. Here is a link to the gamesheet.

Trenton lost 4-3 to Gwinnett. Ginand, Hayes, and Zancanaro scored for Trenton with Kell adding 2 assist. Here is a

to Stoesz going nuts against Paquette after taking another shot on a Devil. Here is a link to the gamesheet.

Here's the shootout goal from Trenton's Hayes'

It's pretty sick. The refs were horrible tonight though and allowed a goal that was kicked in, and on the same play have a bench minor for unsportsmanlike, talk about pissing on a sh!t parade. They managed to send it to OT after being down 3-0 with 9 minutes to go in the third, and blew a 3-1 shootout lead.

Albany lost another game, this time 4-3 to Norfolk. Leading scorers were Anderson with a goal and 2 assists, Henrique with a goal and an assist, and Zalewski with 2 assists. Frazee returned to action and gave up 2 goals on 26 shots in 55 minutes. Here is a link to the gamesheet.

Trenton also lost 4-3 to Elmira. Vokes lead the way with 2 goals and Akeson backed that up with a goal and an assist. Here is a link to the gamesheet.