Pull the Trigger

CarpathianForest

So it can't get any worse especially on defense. The Leafs are 1-5-1 in their last 7 and they are having trouble scoring. Is this the time that Lou puts an offer on the table for Kaberle? Perhaps Langs/Clarkson for Kab + ?

Are things even harder now that Parise is out. We all thought we could make some defensive improvements but our offense is starting to take a hit with Rolston, Parise and Josefson out. What to do what to do?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have ESPN insider? They are running an article that the Devils are looking at Kaberle.

he New Jersey Devils lost Zach Parise for three months, which means his $3.125 million cap hit won't count for that period. Meanwhile, the Newark Star-Ledger's Rich Chere tweets that Brian Rolston is close to practicing with the team, which might mean he's close to returning. So in that exchange, Rolston's $5.062 million cap hit is about $2 million more than Parise's, which mean the Devils will have to make move to get under the cap, even with Parise off the books.

In addition, Bryce Salvador is out, but his return will also push the Devils to make a move.

Guys like Dainius Zubrus, Colin White, Jamie Langebrunner, Patrik Elias and David Clarkson have been mentioned as potential trade candidates, but we haven't heard of any rumored deals thus far. However, there was a report that the Devils wanted to trade for Leafs blueliner Tomas Kaberle, so perhaps the Leafs are looking to add a defenseman in any deal they make. Or, given the dire state of their season, they could just seek draft picks in return.

the guy who writes the article doesn't know what he is talking about. rolston cap hit when he comes back is no longer 5 million dollars because of the time he spent on LTIR. at least i think so but i could be wrong.

$6M for fond memories?

What's he doing nowadays?

He has the center he's always wanted....

I say if we can unload him for some smart upgrades now is the time.

He is a huge part of the franchise. What is ANYONE on the Devils "doing nowadays"? We probably couldn't get anything significant in return for him anyway. Patty will hopefully be a lifer

Sign me up for the crowd that wouldn't cry immensely if Elias was traded.

Wow, rough crowd. Guess everyone has the "What have you done for me lately?" mentality around here....

getting kaberle would be a hugely awful move. he's not that good and his salary is too high given what the devils would have to do to fit it in.

All depends what's going the other way. If it's Clarkson plus another player that won't be back next year anyway than it's fine. At this point, we can't sink any deeper, so why not give it a shot. And it would be good to get rid of Clarkson's contract.

I don't think Kaberle solves everything that is wrong with this team, and the price will be too high because his trade value in the minds of people affiliated with TOR is way out of control.

Maybe not, but you can't realistically things are going to turn around at this point. This team is just stinking awful. Hopefully it's one of those Canes/Buffalo type seasons where there's dramatic improvement the following year, with a nice draft pick in the interim.