Negative Devils Talk

Quinn01

Moose is one of the most humble nice players I have ever met. He is a super nice guy. On the other hand, player wise, at this point because of his age, he will most likely never become a starting goaltender for any team in the NHL. He just isnt that type of player.

I dont see the Devils looking into Goaltenders in the next offseason/draft. Then again.....who knows. Maybe there will be alot of changes including goalies for the Devils.

They just drafted 2 goalies this summer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The notion of Frazee coming in makes me want to vomit.. I dont care what his AHL numbers are, every time I see him play is is terrible.. Beyond terrible.. Like I saw him get wrecked by a training camp invite (one of those no-name guys who went undrafted and is beyond a long shot) during a breakaway

Frazee is not a bad goalie. He has great reflexes and an entertaining, Tim Thomas-ish style (not boring butterfly). He is also very athletic... makes some wacky saves. He won't ever be a Marty level goalie, but very few ever will. I get a Terreri vibe from him. But that may just be the #31, haha.

i really really think our main problems are the lack of creativity in our breakouts... we really need to get better with our first pass with the Ds and there's an intensity problem...

our D did a better job today to get the puck out of our zone i find, but i find that this year they are using the boards A LOT more than they ever had? i dont know...

also the game against montreal they were flying... the would knock the puck off anyone and would GET to the puck first all the time... today they were not... they were waiting for the bruins player to get to the puck and then try to contain him...

but seriously they played a "good" first period IMO...

also i dont like to single out a player... but seriously... Tallinder is terrible... he's just making bad decisions back and forth

- how many time did he lost an edge BY HIMSELF and fell while handling the puck in our zone

- seems like he cant make a quick play... on the PP he could have made a quick pass on a reception or even get a one timer... nop... he get the puck... struggle to get control then make his pass or wtv... he just look goofy

- he cant control bounces or anything i know its hard but jesus christ... he can barely handle the puck straight on the ice

if the devils made a bad signing this summer its definitively this one...

There really needs to be a thread about Brodeur. He just is giving up too many softies. The first two were atrocious.

Give LD a minute. He'll make a new one.

And does it matter when the team can't score? I mean, their best chance was literally off the opening faceoff. Thomas made a behind the back kick save and that was the end of the game, with 19:30 to go in the first.

In regards to goaltending, the NHL has few spots and there are many competent goalies worldwide to fill those spots. Spending money on the position in the NHL is over. The 1A and 1B concept is the new way, having each goalie making similar and subsequently lower dollars. Brodeur, as we know is at the end. Hell, I think he needs to have his vision checked. Hopefully, he has something magical left in the tank to help out this current debacle. I really thought Danis was a guy that could have been tutored well under Marty. I know we ended with the Moose becasue of Kovy/Grossman, and Moose is solid, but just as with the rest of the team, you have to look a few years down the line.

I would have liked to have seen LL approach MB30 last year about being moved to Montreal for Halak/ Price and a top 6 forward. You know Montreal would have jumped all over it. You can never underestimate a players desire to play in Montreal. I bet MB would have at least considered it.

Oh, to stay on topic...the Devils suck???????

also i dont like to single out a player... but seriously... Tallinder is terrible... he's just making bad decisions back and forth

- how many time did he lost an edge BY HIMSELF and fell while handling the puck in our zone

- seems like he cant make a quick play... on the PP he could have made a quick pass on a reception or even get a one timer... nop... he get the puck... struggle to get control then make his pass or wtv... he just look goofy

- he cant control bounces or anything i know its hard but jesus christ... he can barely handle the puck straight on the ice

if the devils made a bad signing this summer its definitively this one...

I couldn't agree more. He looks really nervous. Kind of reminds me the Great Wade Redden.

This team needs more Russians! Let go of all non-Russians and get all Russian hockey players. Go find Igor Larionov and put him in the coaching spot. Tha professa!!!!

Seriously, Vanderbeek wanted to be Ted Leonsis and now we're fVcked proper.

Agreed! I hear that Ovechkin kid is pretty good.

I've never been on any sort of bandwagon. I hate the leafs. Glad you know what its like to ride a bandwagon though..

You are quitting entirely for the year if they lose. You would not say that if the Devils were doing well. I have no idea how it feels to be on the bandwagon, but know what it looks like:)

So .... what out-of-work coaching prospects are floating around out there? :whistling:

Hitchcock.

You are quitting entirely for the year if they lose. You would not say that if the Devils were doing well. I have no idea how it feels to be on the bandwagon, but know what it looks like:)

Hitchcock.

I wonder if Hitchcock gives free mustache rides.....

At this point I'd be happy with Alfred Hitchcock.

Hey, Devsman, I think your bandwagon criticism is overblown. Some folks feel that the Devils are just chronically bad this year. So unless you're a masochist then what's the point of wasting 2 hours watching your team get that crap beat out of them.

At this point I'd be happy with Alfred Hitchcock.

Hey, Devsman, I think your bandwagon criticism is overblown. Some folks feel that the Devils are just chronically bad this year. So unless you're a masochist then what's the point of wasting 2 hours watching your team get that crap beat out of them.

There is entertainment value in watching your team no matter what. When you go to one or watch one, there is no guarantee with the outcome. It is much easier to sit through a win than a loss, but I like to watch no matter what. If people would say that watching a team lose is 2 hours wasted, then why did fans even go to the games during the 80's? The Devils were pretty bad those years too.

You bring up an interesting point. However some folks have better things to do rather than watch their team tank. I could understand questioning someone deciding to not watch for the rest of the season if the team won some lost some but we're losing and losing big time. Everyone has their threshold so what's the point? If things continue we can expect this team to win one game then lose 4 then win one then lose four. Those odds aren't great and I'd rather do something else than run with the idea that maybe just maybe the Devils might win that night's game. It's just not worth it with those odds to put in two hours. I myself don't catch many Devils games because A)I'm not home a whole lot B) Devils hockey isn't my A number 1 priority. I've got other things I can do. If the Devils right their ship, at least a bit, then that may encourage me to trun in a bit more. Right now it's not worth it.

So unless you're a masochist then what's the point of wasting 2 hours watching your team get that crap beat out of them.

The point is supporting your team, no matter what. If you can only support a team that's winning, then you're fairweather.

This shouldn't need to be explained.

I understand what you're saying, Daneyko, but there's a difference between saying, "I'm done with this team. Go Insert Another Team Name Here" and "I'm done with this team for the season. It's pointless to watch them lose every night."

I'm on the precipice of being done with this team for the season myself, but that doesn't change my devotion to the Devils. I'm not jumping to another team's bandwagon. I may still watch other games including Devils games, but let's be honest, at this point, we can almost predict the outcome of every Devils game: A big L for us. It's not like we're playing inspired hockey either. So if I watch a Lightning or Caps game and pull for them over another team not named the Devils it doesn't mean I've become a fan of the Bolts or Caps it just means I want to watch some interesting hockey. Come playoff time if the Devils aren't in and I choose to watch the playoffs I'll pick my horse and run with it, but come October 2011 I'll be there from the get-go rooting for the Devs.

I understand what you're saying, Daneyko, but there's a difference between saying, "I'm done with this team. Go Insert Another Team Name Here" and "I'm done with this team for the season. It's pointless to watch them lose every night."

I'm on the precipice of being done with this team for the season myself, but that doesn't change my devotion to the Devils. I'm not jumping to another team's bandwagon. I may still watch other games including Devils games, but let's be honest, at this point, we can almost predict the outcome of every Devils game: A big L for us. It's not like we're playing inspired hockey either. So if I watch a Lightning or Caps game and pull for them over another team not named the Devils it doesn't mean I've become a fan of the Bolts or Caps it just means I want to watch some interesting hockey. Come playoff time if the Devils aren't in and I choose to watch the playoffs I'll pick my horse and run with it, but come October 2011 I'll be there from the get-go rooting for the Devs.

I don't know. Supporting the team when they're winning and finding something better to do when they're losing sounds pretty fairweather (read: not bandwagon, but fairweather) to me. Besides, glory means nothing if you don't suffer through the tough times to get there. 1995 was so sweet because of all of the Mickey Mouse and "Matteau!" demons that were exorcized. Maybe this franchise needs some more lean times. That way, when they start engraving "New Jersey" on that big silver thing again, it'll be all the sweeter. And when that happens, you'll be able to say "I never stopped believing" and "I stood by this team when ..."