GDT-12/18/10 NJD Vs. Atlanta 7:00 PM

Quinn01

Kinda sicking to watch this game.

We are re-active to plays instead of pro-active.

Its like they forgot how to play basic hockey.

PLay is comign up the boards , Thrasher anticipates the puck being rimmed around and beats Clarkson to the puck when Clarkson had about 6 body-lengths on him....

Its liek they have no structure , no flow , no chemistry.

When we have the puck we hesitate and look around , this hesitation enables their team to easily defend and anticipate the play.

Its like we are stuck in pre-season mode.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda sicking to watch this game.

We are re-active to plays instead of pro-active.

Its like they forgot how to play basic hockey.

PLay is comign up the boards , Thrasher anticipates the puck being rimmed around and beats Clarkson to the puck when Clarkson had about 6 body-lengths on him....

Its liek they have no structure , no flow , no chemistry.

When we have the puck we hesitate and look around , this hesitation enables their team to easily defend and anticipate the play.

Its like we are stuck in pre-season mode.

I gotta say...some of the plays I saw last night vs Nashville were eerily similar to what we see in Trenton, and that's not a good thing.

Dude the Devils are going to be this bad for years to come I hope everyone is ready. Jamie sucks, Elias overrated, Arrnot old, Kovalchuk fraud, no defense, old goal tenders, Parise most likely to be slowed by injuries...the negative list never ends.

Langs is gone at the end of the season along with Arnott. Kovalchuk is going to have a long ass time to make things right. Hopefully the Devils secure the #1 pick and acquire Larrson. We have some young goalies in the system who have some promise but the position is overrated anyway. Parise will likely be just fine. The real worry is that he may be playing for another team.

Chico is on some sh!t tonight.

And still Chico's smarter than the head coach. He said he would have put in Hedberg after the first and would have been 'surprised' to see Marty in the second. When even Chico can outcoach the guy behind your bench it's a pretty good indicator you need a change.

Your first problem is still having hope. This team is what it is, and I'm surprised you haven't realized that yet.

I was holding out hope up until this weekend but sh!t became absurd these last two games. 11 - 19 is pretty bad but 9 - 21 is that much worse.

This season is dead and buried.

And still Chico's smarter than the head coach. He said he would have put in Hedberg after the first and would have been 'surprised' to see Marty in the second. When even Chico can outcoach the guy behind your bench it's a pretty good indicator you need a change.

Chico also called Hedberg...Anders Hedberg.

MacLean is doing what any desperate coach would do. Ride your main guy. Add in the fact that the main guy here is Marty Brodeur, and you got a problem, especially when the difference between Brodeur and Hedberg is minimal at this point. Keep in mind that every coach besides Larry Robinson has rode Marty.

It is what it is. MacLean isn't going to win any points with the organization by going with Hedberg more often.

Sure - leading point defenseman in the NHL - probably let us make him an offer and gift-wrap it for us too right?

Hey, I pity the Islanders - should we let them talk to Parise and steal him from us?

Really dude?

IF there is a bidding war for Buff - we will have very little to offer in comparison to the 29 other teams that would love to have him.

G&dDamn, Dude! I know everyone is irritated but I just threw an idea out there. Speculation ring a bell? It's not like I drew up an offer sheet and submitted it to Lou. If you read correct my post was pretty tongue in cheek. Some really good players have signed with some really bad teams. We've got one bad season. If the money and sweet talk is right we have just as much chance at signing Buff as any of the other 29 teams. Some dough is goinna come off the books come offseason. Add that to the salary cap being raised and we have a good shot at signing Buff and having enough left for Parise and some role players if Lou wants to take that route. Don't harp all over me just because we're sucking. I didn't get called up to play in the game.

I was holding out hope up until this weekend but sh!t became absurd these last two games. 11 - 19 is pretty bad but 9 - 21 is that much worse.

This season is dead and buried.

I'm serious when I say I lost all hope after that Islander disaster. I knew after that game this team was a fvcking joke. The fact MacLean wasn't canned after that sh!tshow was really surprising to me. And I think the fact that he wasn't was what iced it for me.