DEVILS VS. PREDATORS

poohbear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in a tail-spin big time! When the hell is Langs coming back? A 1-2 week recovery has suddenly turtned into 5-6 weeks. We need help with the face offs (can anyone say, I wish Joe N. was back?); the power play is anemic...just attack the man with the puck and we will cough it up. I know we are missing some regulars but we shoulb not be losing to the lesser teams; i.e. Washington and Nashville.

We are in a tail-spin big time! When the hell is Langs coming back? A 1-2 week recovery has suddenly turtned into 5-6 weeks. We need help with the face offs (can anyone say, I wish Joe N. was back?); the power play is anemic...just attack the man with the puck and we will cough it up. I know we are missing some regulars but we shoulb not be losing to the lesser teams; i.e. Washington and Nashville.

- Langs was originally slated to miss 3-4 weeks, then upgraded to 5-6 (or something like that). According to Doc and Chico, it'll be another month until Langenbrunner is back.

-Nashville isn't a "lesser" team. They're in the playoff hunt. And they're a fiesty team. They clearly outplayed us tonight. And they clearly have a very good goaltender.

If Neids scores on that first chance it could have been a different game. Vokoun was in the zone tonight but he was f'n lucky too! I'm sorry they are a lesser team...they are sitting in the eighth spot in the West...I know any team can beat another on any night but there seems to be no fire there as far as the Devils are concerned. We could have made up some ground tonight on the Flyers.

vokoun was flopping all over the place. outside of his early save on niedermayer, he was not tested at all. brodeur had the tougher of the saves. if it wasn't for nashville's excellent defensive coverage, he would've been caught flopping around outside of the crease, devils could've scored at least twice that way.

For the first time I can remember since being a Devils fan (93), they actually look uncompetitive. The Devs were outplayed from the drop of the puck and not once look like a legit threat.

Count the Preds offensive chances against the Devils and it's a disgusting margin. I will admit I have not seen many Devils games this year because of school, but the games I have seen are leaving me more than worried.

Every part of the Devils game seems to be way off. All the defenseman are getting beat not only wide, but in the front of the net as well. Marty is letting in softies, and the forwards are not generating anything that resembles an offensive attack. And don't even get me started on the faceoffs.

Again, I have not seen many games this year, but this team does not look good right now, and they haven't in the month that I have been home.

If I had to rate this team on the performance that I have seen so far, they would be battling for the 7th or 8th spot, rather than the 1-4 that they should be.

Say it with me, "Face offs, face offs, face offs" They need a legitimate face off guy. This has been a problem the whole year and if ut weren't for Joey N. it would have been a problem for 2+ years. And lets not forget the power play...at this rate we will be at the bottom again.

Chico, the Devils did get two PP goals the other night. Granted, it was on eight total chances, but still -- that's not ALL that bad. And I still think faceoffs are overrated; they've burned us in the past, but we've still gotten by. I don't think it's the number one problem with the Devils. Rather, we can't seem to find the back of the net anymore. That, and we haven't really had many quality chances to begin with. Seems to me that a lot of the shots are getting blocked, going wide, or are hitting the crest of the goalie.

I am having difficulty finding good out of this if we are trying to catch up to philly... i am glad they lost... I am not a happy fan after this game... We really could use Langenbrunner back... soon!

Oh BTW, i dont care about positioning as long as we make playoffs... but some people do

Chico, the Devils did get two PP goals the other night. Granted, it was on eight total chances, but still -- that's not ALL that bad. And I still think faceoffs are overrated; they've burned us in the past, but we've still gotten by. I don't think it's the number one problem with the Devils. Rather, we can't seem to find the back of the net anymore. That, and we haven't really had many quality chances to begin with. Seems to me that a lot of the shots are getting blocked, going wide, or are hitting the crest of the goalie.

Very true, but why do the Devils not generate many chances? There are four lines that are balanced, but extremely average.

Realistically speaking, Elias is the only first line player the Devils have, but he's playing with guys that are no more than third line skill.

Granted Langer and Turner are out, and that makes a big difference. However, the Devils problems at this time stem far beyond forward line combos.

Overall, the Devils defensive scheme during this stretch stinks, and stinks bad. Simple mistakes are being made by defenseman and forwards alike.

Maybe the Devs are just in a bad funk right now, and I seriously hope that is the case. However, I have never seen the Devs be outplayed game in and game out like this on a consistent basis since I have been a fan.

Very true, but why do the Devils not generate many chances? There are four lines that are balanced, but extremely average.

Realistically speaking, Elias is the only first line player the Devils have, but he's playing with guys that are no more than third line skill.

Granted Langer and Turner are out, and that makes a big difference. However, the Devils problems at this time stem far beyond forward line combos.

Overall, the Devils defensive scheme during this stretch stinks, and stinks bad. Simple mistakes are being made by defenseman and forwards alike.

Maybe the Devs are just in a bad funk right now, and I seriously hope that is the case. However, I have never seen the Devs be outplayed game in and game out like this on a consistent basis since I have been a fan.

It almost is like Elias is making plays that are too fancy for his linemates, like they can't handle hiim or something. But we really don't have anyone to compliment him. So many things have been tried, and nothing is working. I would have loved for him to stand up and stand out after the whole A-Line fad, but it really does seem like without the equally or more talented linemates he really cannot be used to his full advantage. I guess that could be said for any player, but it really burns us in the end.

As far as defensive mistakes, I've noticed far more turnovers in this stretch than normal -- it's just wacky. I think, at least in this case, it's just a bad funk. Something's off though, I can't quite pin-point the problem, but it feels like to me ever since that 5-4 loss to the Isles a few weeks ago this team hasn't been the same.