Now Mario's turn to cry

eldon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes no sense to me. Can you put into words what that means?

He has his period constantly? because obviously he CAN'T, he's a dude...

so you knwo what would be more appropriate? Why not joke about him having PCS. Because that's just as funny, yeah? he has no control over his emotions because he's got Post-concussion syndrome so all of his feelings are invalid because he's a bitch to his brain damage. hahaha!

Or you COULD say he was a man/boy in his early 20s - totally a bitch to his johnson and hormones produced so he has to whine and cry and blame other people's PMS rather except that he's an a$$hole himself -- due to his boy/man hormones raging - like they are with you right? That's funny, right?

Or are you just saying he belongs up tight in a snatch? Is that your joke? because I think a LOT of dudes think that's where they'd belong -- or honestly where they'd really rather be .. then the tag line could be Mario lemiuex says "Id rather be neck deep in snatch!" Nice tag line there....

Seriously -- tampons are in vagina -- not A vagina. If your calling him that, if that was your point....

oh pep...you're a goofball lol

You all are on acid. To support what those thug islanders players did is incomprehensible. How on earth do you support them? Gillies and Martin should be ejected from the league.

Campbell and the nhl are a joke. Thank god this didn't happen to the devils..no isles would've been suspended. We've seen three brawl in three weeks and have seen three minimal suspensions. Inexcusable.

Please note I'm not supporting the pens or Matt cooke. But just look at what transpired on long island the other night and judge on that, not whether you like Mario lemieux.

You all are on acid. To support what those thug islanders players did is incomprehensible. How on earth do you support them? Gillies and Martin should be ejected from the league.

Campbell and the nhl are a joke. Thank god this didn't happen to the devils..no isles would've been suspended. We've seen three brawl in three weeks and have seen three minimal suspensions. Inexcusable.

Please note I'm not supporting the pens or Matt cooke. But just look at what transpired on long island the other night and judge on that, not whether you like Mario lemieux.

With the kind of crap Cooke and the other cheap-shot artists on the Pens have been getting away with for the last few years, it was only a matter of time before somebody went out for revenge. What the Islanders did was wrong, but the "innocent victim" crap Mary-o and the Pens are pulling makes me sick.

You know what, I didn't really care about the Pens in the past few years. A lot of people hated them. They're in the same division, we play them a lot. They're a bunch of pussies... But it didn't bother me that much, to be honest. I only cared about the Rangers rivalry (it's by far the biggest rivalry to me), the Flyers and the Hurricanes. I also can't stand the Canucks. But the Penguins? I was indifferent for whatever reason.

But what happened in the past few days/weeks really makes me sick. Mario sounds like a master of hypocryisy. A lot of players on other teams get suspensions, while Cooke is getting away with a lot of stuff, even though he has done it countless times. They are one of the most dirty teams in the league, everybody says they don't get enough fines/suspensions, and when you read their fans on the internet, they actually think THEY are the VICTIMS and the refs and the league are against them. This is beyond ridiculous.

No wonder they're the most hated team in the NHL. Or if they weren't a few days ago, they surely are now. Count me in for the Pens-suck bandwagon!

With the kind of crap Cooke and the other cheap-shot artists on the Pens have been getting away with for the last few years, it was only a matter of time before somebody went out for revenge. What the Islanders did was wrong, but the "innocent victim" crap Mary-o and the Pens are pulling makes me sick.

Um im sorry but Matt Cooke wasnt even playing that game. Its apples and oranges. Dont justify beating a concussed kid (then taunting him) because Matt Cooke is an a-hole.

Mario didnt say anything other than focus on what transpired at the game on Long Island

Lemaire should STFU because this is kind of frustrating for the fans, the GM and the owner of the other teams that have injured players because of Mat Cooke

So he shouldnt speak up when his players get mugged and attacked? He should allow this because of Matt Cooke? Some of you people are thoroughly confused with Matt Cooke vs. what transpired on the island.

devlman - as all the articles cited here state, the point isn't Mario objecting - he has a valid complaint. The point is - how has HE taken ANY PERSONAL ACTION to stop violence in hockey? Has he punished Matt Cooke in any way? Has he held ANY of his players personally accountable beyond what he himself finds the impotent scolding of the NHL? Did he hold Brent Johnson responsible for stepping out of the crease and fighting on this night or on the night he decked DiPietro? MAYBE... just MAYBE if Mario had nipped that in the bud with a little team punishment doled out for a really kind of useless endangering fight - this debacle might have been avoided.

I'm not saying he should have mind you -- but I'm saying a guy that issued a public statement like that damm sure woudl have -- UNLESS he wants his own team to be free to bully and not be held accountable. The Islanders can say they were just giving it back to the Pens as easily as the Pens can claim they were just giving it back to the Islanders.

It's Mario's responsibility to take EVERYTHING into account just not one little issue where he's on the losing end.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Mario didnt say anything other than focus on what transpired at the game on Long Island

And that's exactly the problem. While his Penguins rack up the fights, majors, PIM, misconducts, etc., Mario remains conveniently silent. When his own players (namely Cooke) injure multiple players with dirty hits, Mario remains conveniently silent. While his golden boy, Sidney Crosby, cock-punches, slew-foots and cheap-shots his way through games, Mario remains conveniently silent.

But as soon as his team ends up on the receiving end of the same kind of thuggery his team has been dishing out, Mario gets indignant and threatens to take his toys and leave the sand box. He's a hypocritical little baby who loves the sound of his own whine.

What the Isles did wasn't even Bush League, it was Iron League. But if you go around pissing in people's corn flakes, you lose your right to complain when someone drops a deuce in yours.

So he shouldnt speak up when his players get mugged and attacked? He should allow this because of Matt Cooke? Some of you people are thoroughly confused with Matt Cooke vs. what transpired on the island.

Or he should PAY ATTENTION to the crap and the sideshow dumb sh!t that LEAD UP TO THIS INCIDENT... you think this all boiled over in one blowout game?? Really??? Did you hear the Islanders broadcast on Sunday?? Howie Rose was still FUMING (and he's just the TV guy), they got pushed over an edge and threw back! You don't think Matt Cooke taking a blind run into DiPo at the end of the previous game factored into this??? You're deluded!

But then again this is the same guy who played with Ulf Samuelsson and thought it was ok too......

And even if he WAS right... to threaten to take your ball and go home turns ANY valid point into a childish temper tantrum he seems allowed to have about once a decade.....

Pepperkorn, Crasher DIG -- How do you all know Mario hasnt spoken to Matt Cooke about laying off the cheap hits? For all we know he couldve disciplined him internally. Anytime a player is suspended, there is usually a team-review with the player to further discuss any additional measures the team might take against him.

DIG - Leading the league in fights/pims is irrelevant. Mario isnt coming out saying lets ban fighting, 'no more hooking penalites, please'. Hes commenting on Gillies and Martin. Whether the Pens lead the league in fighting shouldnt mean youre AHL kids can get whacked over the head. I know the point you are making concerns payback but for Martin to get 4 games....its a joke and i dont blame Mario for speaking up.

Crosby is debatable, but youre not honestly expecting Mario to release a press statement saying how disappointed he is in Crosby's dirty antics are you? Lets be real

The point you guys are making is that mario should have said something everytime Cooke cheap-shot someone. How do we know he has not done so? He may not have done it publicly, but why would you do it publicly if its one of your own guys?

Again, im not defending Mario or Cooke cuz i despise them both. BUT, there is no justification for what the Isles did, and its completely understandable for Mario to speak out on it considering Gillies got 9 games. I am also assuming he has spoken to Cooke numerous times on his cheap hits.

Um im sorry but Matt Cooke wasnt even playing that game. Its apples and oranges. Dont justify beating a concussed kid (then taunting him) because Matt Cooke is an a-hole.

Did you even read the post you quoted? Seeing as I said "With the kind of crap Cooke and the other cheap-shot artists on the Pens have been getting away with for the last few years", what makes you think I was just talking about JUST Matt Cooke and JUST that one game? And I also explicitly stated that "What the Islanders did was wrong", so don't think for a minute that I'm justifying it. The Islanders deserved every bit of the fines and suspensions they received, and Haley should have gotten hit with something as well. But Mary-o and his golden children need to learn that we reap what we sow, and they've been getting away with bush league crap all the way back to the lockout. Not just Matt Cooke, but cock-punching Cindy, Colby "Elbows" Armstrong, Jarkko Ruutu, and guys like Max Talbot running goalies three times a game.

And that's exactly the problem. While his Penguins rack up the fights, majors, PIM, misconducts, etc., Mario remains conveniently silent. When his own players (namely Cooke) injure multiple players with dirty hits, Mario remains conveniently silent. While his golden boy, Sidney Crosby, cock-punches, slew-foots and cheap-shots his way through games, Mario remains conveniently silent.

But as soon as his team ends up on the receiving end of the same kind of thuggery his team has been dishing out, Mario gets indignant and threatens to take his toys and leave the sand box. He's a hypocritical little baby who loves the sound of his own whine.

What the Isles did wasn't even Bush League, it was Iron League. But if you go around pissing in people's corn flakes, you lose your right to complain when someone drops a deuce in yours.

Stated so much better than I could ever hope to.

Edited by mddevsfan

I am also assuming he has spoken to Cooke numerous times on his cheap hits.

That's a pretty big assumption. I'm assuming the conversation, if it happened at all, went more along the lines of "Watch yourself out there. We need you on the ice, not in the stands."

Love the accuracy AND the eloquence spoken here, though I'll never be able to eat a bowl of Corn Flakes again.

From Day 1 as player, for all of his greatness, Mario has always come off a bit soft, whiny, and elitist...he also often acted as though he was above being hit mostly because, well, he's Super Mario. And as so many others have pointed out, for someone who is so quick to criticize the whole neighborhood and threaten to move out, his house ain't exactly the shiniest one on the block. But at least everyone from the fans to journalists to the league itself is calling him out on his bullsh!t.

Pepperkorn, Crasher DIG -- How do you all know Mario hasnt spoken to Matt Cooke about laying off the cheap hits? For all we know he couldve disciplined him internally. Anytime a player is suspended, there is usually a team-review with the player to further discuss any additional measures the team might take against him.

DIG - Leading the league in fights/pims is irrelevant. Mario isnt coming out saying lets ban fighting, 'no more hooking penalites, please'. Hes commenting on Gillies and Martin. Whether the Pens lead the league in fighting shouldnt mean youre AHL kids can get whacked over the head. I know the point you are making concerns payback but for Martin to get 4 games....its a joke and i dont blame Mario for speaking up.

Crosby is debatable, but youre not honestly expecting Mario to release a press statement saying how disappointed he is in Crosby's dirty antics are you? Lets be real

The point you guys are making is that mario should have said something everytime Cooke cheap-shot someone. How do we know he has not done so? He may not have done it publicly, but why would you do it publicly if its one of your own guys?

Again, im not defending Mario or Cooke cuz i despise them both. BUT, there is no justification for what the Isles did, and its completely understandable for Mario to speak out on it considering Gillies got 9 games. I am also assuming he has spoken to Cooke numerous times on his cheap hits.

You fool <_< Make even the LAMEST attempt to realistically understand the point here.

Actions speak louder than words. Chiding your player in private is NOT proportional to the public statement he made. What is? Mario can put Cooke on waivers. Cooke has REPEATEDLY IGNORED any private chastizing Mario theoretically is giving him. Guess why... MARIO ISN"T SAYING sh!t YOU OBTUSE PIGHEADED MORON!!!!!! GTFOOH! Seriously I have no patience with your sh!t! If that Islanders game was bad enough for him to threaten to leave the NHL altogether -- then Cooke's behavior is MORE THAN ENOUGH TO SHIP HIM OUT IMMEDIATELY!

THE POINT IS THAT MARIO'S OUTRAGE WITH THE LEAGUE IS NOT IN PROPORTION TO THE OUTRAGE HE SHOULD FEEL FOR HIS OWN PLAYERS. if he sincerely feels what he says he does.

Edited by Pepperkorn

BENCH JOHNSON! THE MAN LEFT HIS CREASE ON TWO DIFFERENT INSTANCES!

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO AN OWNER WHO PROFESSES TO ABHORE VIOLENCE!

THIS fvckERS IS SAYING WHAT"S GOOD FOR MY GOOSE IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR GANDER!

WAKE UP AND UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING! It has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME OR VIOLENCE IN HOCKEY IT"S ALL ABOUT MARIO BEING A HYPOCRITE! WAKE UP OR SHUT UP!

Marty woudl have sat in his crease laughing at anyone who challenged him. For goodness sake.... just stop already

Edited by Pepperkorn

You fool <_< Make even the LAMEST attempt to realistically understand the point here.

MARIO ISN"T SAYING sh!t YOU OBTUSE PIGHEADED MORON!!!!!! GTFOOH! Seriously I have no patience with your sh!t!

wow, are you on your meds this morning? Im sorry for trying to have a discussion with you.

Where are the mods when you need them...

Not just Matt Cooke, but cock-punching Cindy, Colby "Elbows" Armstrong, Jarkko Ruutu, and guys like Max Talbot running goalies three times a game.

Fair enough, but it again comes back to us not knowing what Mario has said to his players about cheap shots. I dont think its a stretch to assume he has.

I can agree with Mario being perceived as a hypocrite but i dont understand the abuse he is taking for speaking up on an issue which he is actually correct on.

yeah right... ban me for stating the obvious <_<

you need help lady

Well if he IS... then it AIN'T WORKING....you know the TEAM has the right to suspend a player for "conduct detrimental to...." as well, hell say what you want about the Rangers, when was the last time Sean Avery was a public embarrassment again?? They figured it out....if you can't control your child don't come crying when he pisses off the wrong kid and gets popped in the nose!

Somehow the expression "People who live in glass houses....." comes to mind... if you wanna be ok with dishing it out, then you better be ready to TAKE it