Devils Vs Sens Game Thread 2-3-04

JesterDevil

Seeing how I don't know jack about the geography of NJ and can't get involved in that debate, I'll pick up the slack and start the game thread.

This game is huge for the Devil's, if they beat the Sens without Stevens, then they'll gain tons of confidence. Here's hoping for a reverse whooping of the last match-up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how I don't know jack about the geography of NJ and can't get involved in that debate, I'll pick up the slack and start the game thread.

This game is huge for the Devil's, if they beat the Sens without Stevens, then they'll gain tons of confidence. Here's hoping for a reverse whooping of the last match-up.

I know a great deall about NJ geography and I won't go into that biased forum...Let's Go Devils...give us something to talk about other than arenas, Gomez, who is the new whipping boy of the week and what is going on in the Rangers org :clap:

There are fines line between confidence, cockiness and crashing...let's get back on the confidence train :)

Gomez, who is the new whipping boy of the week

We need RD back. I prefer when it's Larionov being the whipping-senior-citizen.

My french class is going out to a movie tonight so I'll be missing the game, but THEY BETTER WIN OR I'LL REGRET IT TOMORROW.

Another 4-0 domination and I might have to call in sick.....

Dunno. TSN just says "NHL on the Fly" which would likely be the TO game. It isn't playing on the local channel, so it's likely that it was picked up by a bigger network.

I usually don't check, given I have Centre Ice.

If we beat the Senators tonight, we will be fourth in the eastern conference, if the Senators win, they will have 68 points which will mean they are 1 point out of first place, and we will be further from the cheese steaks.

I will be leaving soon, and will be back with my post-game wrap up, with my thoughts on strategies, and plays used, as well as players performance, and our defensive abilities against a team with balanced lines, and an offense that can take off 4 from Brodeur... Which something only a few teams have done this season.

But Ottawa shut us out last time, so we will be craving more.

For more information on the game check out www.NHL.com.

HEADLINE:

Elite Meet for East's beasts.

I want to see someone fight Chara just for fun sometime soon since he isn't playing tonight. Chara isn't a good fighter but he is so big and strong he can take anyone. The foght against Bryan McCabe was the funniest thing I have ever seen in hockey in a long time. He made McCabe into a human rag doll.

Edited by devilsrule33

Chara isn't playing due to injury, I would honestly like to see someone take Chara out anyway, the guy is the strongest guy in the NHL and when he wants to fight could beat anyone. Anyone watching him throw McCabe around like a rag doll knows what I mean. I seen him throw so many one punch knock outs it isn't funny.

I actually like Chara a lot...he's big, he's nasty (though not Leaf-type nasty) and he holds his own offensively as well as defensively. Probably very similar to what Larry was like in his day, although obviously Chara's not as good as Larry.

That said, Gomez was my hero for a week when he went after Chara in the playoffs last year (I think it was Game 4). :evil: