Number 3

hattrick

What was Lou and the Devil organization thinking? Why couldn't the Devs do for #3 like the Rags did for Richter? Is Lou out of his mind? I would love to see Dano honored like that. That was great and well deserved for Richter.

Sometimes the Devils miss excellent PR opportunities. Dano deserves that and more.

Retire Dano, #3, honorably with good taste.

I agree with you to an extent, but ...

I find it rather strange that the Rangers, being an original six franchise, have retired ONLY 3 numbers .... including Richter tonight. I think that says something in regards to retiring numbers. Unlike other teams that retire numbers just to do so.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you to an extent, but ...

I find it rather strange that the Rangers, being an original six franchise, have retired ONLY 3 numbers .... including Richter tonight. I think that says something in regards to retiring numbers. Unlike other teams that retire numbers just to do so.

Just my 2 cents.

Thats because they've only had 3 good players.

Why don't you look it up before you give any smarty pants answer. Try the Hockey Hall of Fame site and see how many great players the Rangers have had in their history. I'm not including the aging superstars that came to the Rangers at the end of their careers. IE Esposito, Sawchuk, Gretzky etc.

I'm talking about Andy Bathgate, Harry Howell, I'm pretty sure the Cook brothers are in there. Then there's the Patrick family. Perhaps you've heard of the Lester Patrick trophy. Gilbert's number is retired so is Giacomin's. From those 70's Ranger teams I believe Rattele and Park are in the HHoF also.

Why don't you look it up before you give any smarty pants answer. Try the Hockey Hall of Fame site and see how many great players the Rangers have had in their history. I'm not including the aging superstars that came to the Rangers at the end of their careers. IE Esposito, Sawchuk, Gretzky etc.

I'm talking about Andy Bathgate, Harry Howell, I'm pretty sure the Cook brothers are in there. Then there's the Patrick family. Perhaps you've heard of the Lester Patrick trophy. Gilbert's number is retired so is Giacomin's. From those 70's Ranger teams I believe Rattele and Park are in the HHoF also.

Obviously your sarcasm detector was off when I posted.

Don't take everything so seriously... :clap:

Don't take everything so seriously... :clap:

With you I'm not sure if it's sarcasm or baiting. Sarcasm is most misunderstood on this board. Most people use some emoticon to signal it.

However, if it was baiting, you won this round. Enjoy it while you can.

Don't take everything so seriously...  :clap:

With you I'm not sure if it's sarcasm or baiting. Sarcasm is most misunderstood on this board. Most people use some emoticon to signal it.

It was sarcasm.

But what is baiting?

Don't take everything so seriously...  :clap:

It was sarcasm.

But what is baiting?

You like smarty pants responses? In your post, I think #2, #4, and #5 applies. :lol:

v. bait

I will admit that as I watched that ceremony last night I felt emptiness when I thought of the Daneyko Night. I know the Devils are a different organization. I'm even proud of the fact that they are different in so many ways that really count. But would it kill them to do a little bit better job at stuff like this??? I realize they don't run the arena and the technical difficulties were not their fault. But the ceremony itself was light years apart from the Richter ceremony. It doesn't need to be as elaborate...we aren't the same. But they have to a better job with this stuff.

Maybe they need to hire Neil Smith to consult on ceremonial stuff only.

Too many people point to other franchises and how they retire numbers as a guideline for us. It's apples and oranges. The owners, and to a lesser extent current management, will decide just who gets the honor of having a number retired and if they choose not to make a joke who gets it then we have to respect their decisions. And why does everybody think as soon as someone retires they should have their number retired? If Dano is to have his number retired, and it be the first one this franchise has done, then I would think his legacy would loom just as large in a couple of years; if in 3 years this argument is still going on then I'd but more value in the sentiment of those who want it retired, but there is no way - no way - that Kenny was such an outstanding, franchise altering person that he should have his number retired the year after he hangs up his skates.

Just my two cents.