UPDATED-Roller hockey meet!

Aznjsn

I'm thinking about getting a pair of skates, would these be ok? http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-inline-hockey-skates-csx-sr.html And would a size 11 shoe size mean get a size 11 skate? I know some brands aren't sized like that, but from what I read these should be.

I'm almost 100% positive that Mission skates are 1.5 sizes less than your shoe size.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that ever since they teamed up with Bauer, they are 1.5 sizes less than a person's shoe size. However, I think these are pre-team up, and the page says something about true fit.

I live in South Jersey too, and the only real place I can think of to get a pair of skates is at Dick's. However, most of their skates are like $50 more than those Mission's. I'm going to go there today after class though and check it out I guess.

I read that ever since they teamed up with Bauer, they are 1.5 sizes less than a person's shoe size. However, I think these are pre-team up, and the page says something about true fit.

I live in South Jersey too, and the only real place I can think of to get a pair of skates is at Dick's. However, most of their skates are like $50 more than those Mission's. I'm going to go there today after class though and check it out I guess.

Interesting, where did you read that?

I wouldn't really call it a team-up, it was just Bauer buying Mission and Itech. I heard that Bauer didn't make any changes to the roller hockey skate line and let Mission keep doing things the way they have been since they were already very successful. That could be wrong though.

I actually heard it in a youtube video from some website that sells roller blades and other stuff. Plus, on hockeymonkey.com the newer models have a sizing chart on the page when you click on a pair of roller blades, it doesn't say that they are consistent with most shoe sizes like on the pair I linked you to.

I actually heard it in a youtube video from some website that sells roller blades and other stuff. Plus, on hockeymonkey.com the newer models have a sizing chart on the page when you click on a pair of roller blades, it doesn't say that they are consistent with most shoe sizes like on the pair I linked you to.

where in SJ are you? I know a good place in Mt. Laurel

RVHS.JPG

anyone ever skate in these?

My buddy has them....the wheel breaks in the back all time. He got rid of the frame, but loves the boot.

Anyone looking for skates, pm what size you are looking for, as I have several pairs I am looking to unload.

I am definately in for any skate that is organized...prefer inside to out.

Edited by hystyk28

• 2 weeks later...

Playing on "foot" as opposed to skates absolutely sucks. No comparison IMO

I began playing ice hockey as a kid in 1983 and started playing roller when it became more of an "in" sport recreationally in the mid-90's (watching RHI as i was a Rockin Rollers STH and pro beach (lol) helped my interest). Having said that, i've been playing dek hockey (on foot) just as long and i always enjoyed it just as much as roller and ice because hockey is hockey and each version has it's own unique style and challenges. I've played in competitve, organized dek leagues and traveled to play in tournaments in Philly and Orlando (Disney) to name a few. It's a great version of hockey to play if it's organized and it just isn't for people who can't skate or have no skills. It's a great version of hockey to play, IMO.