guess which ex-Dev is in 'Miracle'???

shrubbery

This is great.. take a guess.. he plays "The Russian Captain." :uni:

***** *******, who played briefly in the NHL with both New Jersey and Calgary, received an interesting cameo, as Mikhailov, the stern-looking Russian captain.

Times up!

Sasha Lakovic, who played briefly in the NHL with both New Jersey and Calgary, received an interesting cameo, as Mikhailov, the stern-looking Russian captain.

"Wait'll you see him," said Walter, with a laugh. "Sasha looks so Russian, it's unbelievable. The funny thing was, our whole Russian team was former NHL tough guys. Todd Harkins had a big role. Big Mike McWilliam, he played a little too.

"As for the kid who played Tretiak, he's a young lawyer in Vancouver, who plays hockey on the side. He pretty much gave up his practice for three months, so he could do this role and play his hero.

Anyone else going to see this??

Edited by shrubbery

Nope, Larionov was a youngin then. He could of been on it but was left out by the coach. I think it was the Bergen Record that quoted him joking something to the effect "good thing too so people won't ask me about it!"

I thought they said he was on the team somewhere...

maybe i'm wrong...

Nope, Larionov was a youngin then. He could of been on it but was left out by the coach. I think it was the Bergen Record that quoted him joking something to the effect "good thing too so people won't ask me about it!"

But Slava was there for the Red Army team.

Vince

I am going to see the movie tommarrow night. I'll post a review.

Looks very good, i just hope it doesnt have any corney Disney Moments and they are able to capture the moment correctly. The PG rating is giving me a little bit of a weird feeling.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I am going to see the movie tommarrow night. I'll post a review.

Looks very good, i just hope it doesnt have any corney Disney Moments and they are able to capture the moment correctly. The PG rating is giving me a little bit of a weird feeling.

Not sure what you mean by a "Disney moment", but there aren't any. If it wasn't written that it was a Disney movie, I doubt you would have known. Very well done, and focuses more on Brooks, the team, and how they came together.

i assure you there are no "disney" moments. the best way to describe the movie is "Hoosiers" on ice, but better.

it is extremely well done. the actors are hockey players that can act, not actors who can skate, and that makes it soooo much better.

it's funny, because when you compare lakovic to the guys playing team USA, he looks like he's 30 while USA looks like they're 18.

best hockey movie ever. period.

Larionov was still playing for his local team at the time. Some feel the coach did not take him for the Olympic team becuase he was not on the Red Army team. After that, Larionov left his home team and joined the Red Army team.

it's funny, because when you compare lakovic to the guys playing team USA, he looks like he's 30 while USA looks like they're 18.

Well that's really the way it's supposed to be. Mihkailov (sp?) was in his early 30's at that point. The Russians were amateurs in name only :P

Exactly. It sounds like they cast it correctly, then. They SHOULD look like grown men against very young men. That's what it was.

Well that's really the way it's supposed to be. Mihkailov (sp?) was in his early 30's at that point. The Russians were amateurs in name only :P

Exactly. It sounds like they cast it correctly, then. They SHOULD look like grown men against very young men. That's what it was.

that was my point. the film was excellently casted. and for those that say slapshot is the best hockey movie ever, you'll see this and understand why it enters the conversation.