Beating a dead horse - but attendance rises!

sheeps

Wow, I just read something that will make you all laugh...

Possibly the worst attendance ever.

3,863 fans at Nassau Coliseum on December 6, 2003.

When chicago visited^.

:rofl::rofl:

Try 336(?) for the Devils against Calgary at CAA in a snowstorm. They usually have a reunion once a year usually against Calgary. I wouldn't be surprised if they are at the game Sunday. There is usally some mention of it on the telecast and they are usally listed in groups attending.

There ya go...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I just read something that will make you all laugh...

Possibly the worst attendance ever.

3,863 fans at Nassau Coliseum on December 6, 2003.

When chicago visited^.

:rofl::rofl:

Try 336(?) for the Devils against Calgary at CAA in a snowstorm. They usually have a reunion once a year usually against Calgary. I wouldn't be surprised if they are at the game Sunday. There is usally some mention of it on the telecast and they are usally listed in groups attending.

There ya go...

I heard about that....

What year was that?

HSBC looks sooo huge, I think it's the way it was constructed. When I went to a Devils-Sabres game last year, the thing was gigantic, but like I said in another post recently, the way it was constructed it drowns out the noise even worse than the CAA...I mean damn, I've never been to a more quiet arena!

I couldnt agree more, and the old Aud was just the opposite....14,000+ capacity and it was 100X louder...and the beauty of that arena was if you sat close enough to him, you could hear Jennerant right behind you as a goal was scored!! LOL...

If it were up to me, give me some TNT, Ill blow up that new arena and open up the Aud in a heartbeat!!!

God I shouldn't have started this thread. Enter dr with his usual "Why don't people come" arguments. Enter everyone else explaining why. Enter rival team's fan(s) insulting our attendance.

I started this thread because our attendance seems to be rising. Isn't that a good thing? CAN'T WE HAVE A POSITIVE THREAD ON OUR ATTENDANCE, JUST ONCE?

Well obviously you meant well sheeps, but 22nd is not really 'getting better' - that's like saying the Rangers are getting better because they won their last game. We have had a lot of weekend/rivalry games lately. Lou made the point in the pregame last night (a good interview BTW) that more matinees would be good for attendance - and one side effect of having their own arena now BTW is that they can pick and choose dates more and not have to share with the Nets.

And the fact that Boston's attendance is just as lousy is just as much of an indictment as our bad attendance. After all, they have no other teams in their area to speak of, we have two (Rangers and Philly) - three if you count the Isles. They have a much bigger fanbase and a relatively new arena. Obviously it is partly a protest of the owner and his penny-pinching ways but it's still a dissapointment from their end.

From the Devils media guide:

1/22/87 Blizzard creates "334" club. Devils defeat Calgary Flames 7-5 at the Meadowlands before 334 fans who braved 15 inches of snow. Match is delayed 106 minutes as only 13 Devils players arrive by scheduled game time. Game ended at 11:44PM.

Its more of the economy than putting out a quality product.

The economy sucks particularly on the east coast for the past three years.

You can't compare NYR and Philly attendence because the majority of their seats are not fan based, but corporate ticket holders.

The Rangers in particular are 70% corporate sales based. NJ NOT being a media market, but part of the NY and Philly market doesn't have that kind of corporate sales clout.

Mr. sheeps, you can start a thread, with the best of intentions, about the Devils' ranking for attendance improving two spots. But it's unrealistic not to expect other posters to pee on the parade.

As for those with the idea that njdevs.com should put a moratorium on these types of threads, I have some advice. Grow some tougher skin.

I've been here two years, I know it, I just with certain token replies hadn't been made...