Devils Smartphone App

Colin226

My 2 cents..

Replays from phone for goals, calls, etc.

Pitt has some extra cameras that follow a particular player. Not sure if this is doable as clicking the player and watching that player for a bit.

Scan ticket please. Make it easy and fast. Season ticket holders should be able to have all their tickets accessible from their phone.

Upcoming events tab for player appearances, signings, draft, etc.

Sign up for Super Score-o would be awesome, input data and submit though phone would be great.

I'd be willing to spend under 5 bucks for the app if it's awesome.

Great job Generals, keep it up!

Scoops

Please make sure they include some features for those of us who can't go to the games. Maybe a replay feature or I liked the "This date in Devils history" idea.

Maybe a link to Devils Den?

Just hoping that they know they have fans who in other places in the country.

if you're going to include iphone, android and BB, please include WP7.

additionally, after skimming over other replies (sorry if theyve already been said), ability to look up current player past stats, past devils team stats.

game day box scores, season calendar, any news specific to devils.

considering i am overseas, info that i can look up on my phone just for the devils is whats needed :)

the ability to purchase/scan tickets is a great idea too, as i plan on making some home games next season, and a great idea for overseas visitors.

maybe a section to download wallpapers for smartphones too.

It would be great to have a pdf calendar that was on a easy clickable link on the home page of the app

maybe a widgit with the upcoming games on it.

a ticker style update bar somewhere on the app that updates random info such as what you get from TG's twitter updates.

love the digital ticket idea, but make sure that it can have a way to store the ticket easily as it becomes kind of annoying to get to the ticketmaster page for digital tickets.

AHL stats and schedule would be nice to be able to track prospects easier.

the wfan radio feature would be awsome if it was available.

It would be really cool with regards to the incentives for the app to send out ticket deals to devils app users only.

player notables: milestones, records, trades, transactions, what ever

Finally, it would be really cool to have links to devils news around the web (like what TG has on the fire and ice page where you can get all the newspaper articles from chere, TG, (N)Єverson etc.

maybe even a link to some of the Devil forums such as njdevs, hf, etc

obviously all of this might not be possible but some wouldn't be to difficult and would make for a really great app.

Keep up the good work guys

if you include wp7, bb,android and iphone

please don't forget me, the Nokia OVI store user hehehehhe

sorry, i should of mentioned all other phones, i was only thinking of WP7 haha.

but yes, please don't single out specific brands to port to.. all or nothing please :)

Okay, so I brought up the mobile app idea and in typical Devils management fashion, was quickly shot down. Apparently it costs a lot of money to make an app because it's not just for one specific phone, you have to make it compatible for multiple phones.

I can assure you that they have started to look into it, but it's still in the very early phases of "thinking" about it. I took everyone's suggestions that were submitted to me prior to 4pm and put them into a document and gave it to them. It was about 3.5 pages worth of stuff. I realize there was more after I left so I will be adding that to the list and then forwarding it on to them.

The only thing we can keep doing is generating a discussion on why the Devils should have this and need to have this before they go spending megabucks on this. I also know someone personally that designs apps, so I'm speaking to him as well.

I, along with any other general(s) will keep you updated on this, but please continue to provide us with feedback as to why the Devils should get this. The more positives they see, THE BETTER!

*For those that have wi-fi options, I can assure you that even knowing 1 of the passwords, the signal still sucks!

Edited by cj241

as i said on the tweet, the most useful thing would be restaurants/bars suggestions. maybe a real time 4square type thing showing where all the fans are hanging out for that day's game so you can meet up with them.

didn't even think of that but yeah that could be really cool that way for things like the st. pattys bar crawl and such event would make it easier to coordinate.

Real-time game updates (phone notification)

Integrated devils radio broadcast (should be possible, look at the tunein app)

Full roster of the devils and the team they are playing with stats w/ history/bio/pics.

Chat integration with njdevs.com :)

Schedule

Scores

Video replay of previous games

Images from games

Widget for android apps

I like the ticketing idea also

Integration with twitter/facebook (if you are going to whole social route, that means being able to share articles, etc..)

News aggregation from various sites

Link to devils related forums and blogs (njdevs, hfboards, etc.., etc..)

Knowledge-base for people new to hockey? Something like a "rules to the game" section?

A "chants" section for people new to chants with clips to listen to?

Edited by mrthemike

Real-time game updates (phone notification)

Integrated devils radio broadcast (should be possible, look at the tunein app)

Full roster of the devils and the team they are playing with stats w/ history/bio/pics.

Chat integration with njdevs.com :)

Schedule

Scores

Video replay of previous games

Images from games

Widget for android apps

I like the ticketing idea also

Integration with twitter/facebook (if you are going to whole social route, that means being able to share articles, etc..)

News aggregation from various sites

Link to devils related forums and blogs (njdevs, hfboards, etc.., etc..)

Knowledge-base for people new to hockey? Something like a "rules to the game" section?

A "chants" section for people new to chants with clips to listen to?

This will certainly cost us a $1.99 at the least but I'm willing to pay up hah

If other teams have this, I see no reason why the Devils shouldn't. I understand the Devils are a smaller market compared to the teams who do have a team phone app, but I believe having something like that could potientally bring in new fans and help strengthen the current fan base. Especially if the app has a function for fans actually at games that tells them to stand and participate in chants; it could be awesome for making chants and stuff more organized and get more people involved. And while I'm new to the whole smartphone/iphone/somekindofphone thing and have no idea what an app should cost, I wouldn't mind spending 1.99 or 2.99 for a Devils app. Also, having fans pay for the app should be incentive for the Devils organization to go forth with it, seeing as it can bring in a little extra revenue.

(Like I said though, I have no idea what apps usually cost. How much do apps usually cost, if you need to pay to get one?)

Edited by soulartist23

I love the Devils, but to be honest, their mentality toward some approaches that involve the fans is completely backwards compared to how other teams treat their fans.

I'm not asking nor expect handouts from the team, however when I see other teams offering a decent amount of electronic media through their own website, and just being fan friendly in general, really pisses me off.

I really do get the snobbed feeling by the Devils organisation when it comes to fans at times, and it really does sh!t me.

It really is unfortunate they knocked this suggestion, and decently formulated approach, to the ground.

I'm just going to add -- I dont see the reason to have the ap. :noclue: I'm not sure what I'm missing but I have THN's app and find out all I need to know. I dont need any specialized Devils content that, other than a logo, is pretty much redundant. I'm as huge and miopic a fan as they come -- but I really dont see the benefit of it :noclue: