Single Game Pricing

njdevil26

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=72879

201110-SCHEDPRICE.jpg

So it looks like we're getting the screw job once again. The 10$ seats are gone... for games against NYR and such they will be 35$.

Ticket prices are getting RAISED SIGNIFICANTLY for their "premier games" which will be special events, NYR, PHI, and Saturdays....

I was excited to see the building hopefully more filled this year but now I think the opposite. This team will never get it.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the biggest cynic has to admit they did well by the sth's here.

Yeah if you were able to drop a couple grand.. they took care of you... but for the people that can't readily come up with that kind of cash but are hard working and ridiculously dedicated fans (like me and Jamie) are absolutely screwed.

You know sometimes i flat out hate the Devils operations. What on earth are they doing here? I was really expecting great crowds this year, but not anymore with this price increase. I'm also a spur of the moment buyer, but now me going has to depend on what 'classification' the organization assigns an opponent? Give me a damn break. Teams that do this type of pricing model are usually franchises with high ticket demand and who have sold out for years. The Devils have no business trying to pull this crap.

Yeah if you were able to drop a couple grand.. they took care of you... but for the people that can't readily come up with that kind of cash but are hard working and ridiculously dedicated fans (like me and Jamie) are absolutely screwed.

I agree. I was even willing to drop 75-85 a game to have good seats in the lower bowl and now that price will get me a seat up in the 2nd bowl. I dont get it sometimes. This is just another example of when the STH'ers on here will come to defend the organisations decision with the "If you want the befits buy the season tickets" attitude and the rest of us game by game members will stand our ground.

Its all about money.... :rolleyes:

There are more discount games (10) than premium games (8). I find the rainbow of colors much more annoying than tiered pricing. With the rainbow you have a more challenging time checking if you are really getting a deal on the secondary market.

We don't know yet if $10 seats are nixed. Maybe the plan will be changing? That seemed pretty successful so give it some time to shake out.

EDIT Sorry it is 10 premium and 10 discount games. I overlooked 2 premium games in January.

Edited by mac760

teams are figuring out that if they don't price the tickets like this, the secondary market will do it for them.

Teams like the Leafs, Rags, Habs that have the demand to pull this kind of strategy. Not the Devils who are trying to pull-in more fans. Adding to the increase is the fact that theyve also complicated the buying process more for the casual fan. If anything, this makes fans like me absolutely go to the secondary market 100% of the time now.

Also, no more $10, in this economy? Give me a break. The Devils act like they have the fanbase to do this...

Edited by devlman

teams are figuring out that if they don't price the tickets like this, the secondary market will do it for them.

How many seats go unfilled because people would pay $75 for tickets priced $100, an equal or greater amount than the people who would be willing to pay $100 for the $75 seats. Raising prices across the board doesn't seem like a solution.

Neither will the fans who think the team should focus on bodies in the seats rather than dollars from ticket sales. It's a business, it's about generating the most revenue so they can keep paying players.

Would you rather sell 70 $10 dollar seats with people who will buy beer, popcorn, hot dogs and so on or 1 $75 dollar seat who will buy beer, popcorn, hot dogs and so on?

Also, no more $10 in this economy? Give me a break. The Devils act like they have the fanbase to do this...

I'm going to guess they do a lot of research and time into this. I'm also going to guess the Devils do have a fanbase to do this. It looks like they'll have more season tickets holders than last year and their small but loyal fanbase will probably buy about the same amount of tickets as they did last year.

Neither will the fans who think the team should focus on bodies in the seats rather than dollars from ticket sales. It's a business, it's about generating the most revenue so they can keep paying players.

Oh cmon no one here doesnt realize this is all about money, but this hurts in attracting new fans down the road, as well as in creating a great game-day experience for the fans who have paid a lot of money.

Would you rather sell 70 $10 dollar seats with people who will buy beer, popcorn, hot dogs and so on or 1 $75 dollar seat who will buy beer, popcorn, hot dogs and so on?

Would you rather sell 70 ten dollar tickets or 65 twenty dollar tickets? I don't see the evidence that Devils fans are super price sensitive.

Would you rather sell 70 ten dollar tickets or 65 twenty dollar tickets? I don't see the evidence that Devils fans are super price sensitive.

Look above at the comments that have already come in and the comments that will come in in the future then get backt o me on whether or not Devils fans are super price sensitive. :koolaid:

There are more discount games (10) than premium games (8).

One of many points that make this so infuriating is that yeah... they put in some discount games... so if I want to go on a weeknight to see the Devils play Carolina, Florida, Columbus, and teams like that... I can pay what I've been paying the past few years... If I want to see a team with a good opponent on the weekend I have to pay more for it. The Devils have absolutely no business doing this to their fans. They announce 13-14 K crowds constantly and on those nights there's more like 10-11k in the building. Coming off their worst year in recent memory last season, they pull this.

Teams like the Leafs, Rags, Habs that have the demand to pull this kind of strategy. Not the Devils who are trying to pull-in more fans. Adding to the increase is the fact that theyve also complicated the buying process more for the casual fan. If anything, this makes fans like me absolutely go to the secondary market 100% of the time now.

Also, no more $10, in this economy? Give me a break. The Devils act like they have the fanbase to do this...

7 of the 10 premium games are high demand games (Phi, NYR, & St. Patty's day). The other 3 are weekend games vs MTL, WAS, and PIT. All in Dec and all on the weekend.

Let's be real, it is not like all Friday and Sat games are premium.

I'm going to guess they do a lot of research and time into this. I'm also going to guess the Devils do have a fanbase to do this. It looks like they'll have more season tickets holders than last year and their small but loyal fanbase will probably buy about the same amount of tickets as they did last year.

And then what about next year? and the year after that? How many STH will want to stay on after watching games in an empty building? How many new fans will be coming through the ranks? But, lets all hope the research theyve done is accurate. They sure dont have a good history of being accurate.

Really? You dont think ticket prices have greatly contributed to our team's notorious attendance issues through the years?

Look above at the comments that have already come in and the comments that will come in in the future then get backt o me on whether or not Devils fans are super price sensitive. :koolaid:

Look at the history of the team, being there every game I don't see a difference in raw attendance based on ticket prices. The sections that get filled move around, but I see about the same amount of people showing up every year. To me that suggests the demand is static and the price point matters little. In that case, if the team needs or wants money, then raising ticket prices makes sense.

Season ticket holders look to be up this year so there are actually less individual seats to fill. So there doesn't even need to be as much demand to sell them.

7 of the 10 premium games are high demand games (Phi, NYR, & St. Patty's day). The other 3 are weekend games vs MTL, WAS, and PIT. All in Dec and all on the weekend.

Let's be real, it is not like all Friday and Sat games are premium.

Lets hope those games arent bought-out by the other teams' fans, and that our fans arent priced out.

And for a team trying to encourage our supporters section to improve the atmosphere, theyre going to be pricing out college kids, and newcomers.

Edited by devlman

And then what about next year? and the year after that? How many STH will want to stay on after watching games in an empty building? How many new fans will be coming through the ranks? But, lets all hope the research theyve done is accurate. They sure dont have a good history of being accurate.

I'm going to guess the new prices drive the teams attendance down to about the same as it is every year.

Really? You dont think ticket prices have greatly contributed to our team's notorious attendance issues through the years?

So the years the Devils had cheaper prices yielded sell outs every night and the years with higher prices yielded graveyards? Or was it similar in both situations?

Good point. It's a sad commentary on society, but it's a good point.

If anything, this makes fans like me absolutely go to the secondary market 100% of the time now.

What, in the hope that someone's trying to unload their tickets for a loss?