GDT: Washington @ New Jersey 7 pm

nick17112

And my point is effort isn't the sole reason you don't score goals or give them up. The Devils have given the same effort in the second that they did in the first (and so did the Caps, if one team's effort's been lacking it's theirs) fortunately Jamie and the PP were both way overdue to score :P

Regarding your first point, agreed.

I disagree with the second sentence though. I think we've stepped on the accelerator a bit, and seeing Marty there, I'm wondering if he gave the boys a little talk during intermission.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorry - there must be a new goaltender on this team on thursday. its just that simple. clemmensen cannot play again.

when you're struggling, it can't fall to a goaltender that should be a back up in the ahl to be steady. fact is, he is awful. even on the saves, it's only because that's where the puck when. he is no better than me in the goal and I can't skate.

i'm sorry - there must be a new goaltender on this team on thursday. its just that simple. clemmensen cannot play again.

when you're struggling, it can't fall to a goaltender that should be a back up in the ahl to be steady. fact is, he is awful. even on the saves, it's only because that's where the puck when. he is no better than me in the goal and I can't skate.

Even on the saves he makes he gives up huge rebounds. It really puts the D-men in a terrible spot.

Another observation: White has been brutal. The Caps are skating circles around him in our defensive zone, and he took a stupid penalty out of frustration. That excellent pass across the center of the ice that got intercepted was the icing on the cake.

Edited by devils26

I'm an out-of-towner so you guys tell me:

WTF - is high school football really all that popular in New Jersey???

Its not like its Texas.

Can't we not get enough Basketball and Football on ESPN that we have to stuff it into a hockey intermission. :noclue:

Yeah. We need some consistent goalie who doesn't give up a bad goal a night. That 3rd goal was Clemmer's. I know the offense hasn't exactly been quality, but goaltending is a problem too.

Its not like its Texas.

Can't we not get enough Basketball and Football on ESPN that we have to stuff it into a hockey intermission. :noclue:

Naw. At my game last night they announced attendance at 25,000 but it was more like 500.

Its not like its Texas.

I never understood that either I would prefer they actually put on clips from the other games currently being played and gave updates to them instead of the stupid HS football

I never understood that either I would prefer they actually put on clips from the other games currently being played and gave updates to them instead of the stupid HS football

They've got to be paying money to get in on all these intermission reports. I know a lot of time Stan's off doing the Rangers but I'd still rather see Steve and Dano during hockey analysis during a hockey game than high school football analysis :rolleyes: