Please Help!

HockeyPilot18

I was just wondering if any of you guys can help me out with this. Some buddys and I are headed to the game tonight against Calgary on the 4:06 out of Pt. Pleasant. Obviously the beer prices at the Rock are horrendous, so we were thinking of bringing a 6 pack on the train with us to drink on the 2 hour ride. Is it legal to drink on the train? I've seen people to it before and nobody ever bothered them, so I'm assuming it's okay. But you know what they say about assuming. Any feedback would be much obliged. Thanks gang!

I usually grab a beer at NY Penn Station on my way to the Rock via NJ Transit. I've never had a problem, but always have the can in a bag.

So long as you don't get too loud, and don't make it too obvious, the worst I can see happening is that someone will tell you to put it away.

I usually grab a beer at NY Penn Station on my way to the Rock via NJ Transit. I've never had a problem, but always have the can in a bag.

So long as you don't get too loud, and don't make it too obvious, the worst I can see happening is that someone will tell you to put it away.

I second that. I've done it a few times coming in from NY Penn, and even a couple time son the way back to NY, with no problems.

thanks for the input fellas. I guess I'll brown bag a 40 or somethin. Also, if anyone is interested, I have an extra ticket for the $62 seating area for the spring break promotion. 25 bucks if anyone is interested.

I was just wondering if any of you guys can help me out with this. Some buddys and I are headed to the game tonight against Calgary on the 4:06 out of Pt. Pleasant. Obviously the beer prices at the Rock are horrendous, so we were thinking of bringing a 6 pack on the train with us to drink on the 2 hour ride. Is it legal to drink on the train? I've seen people to it before and nobody ever bothered them, so I'm assuming it's okay. But you know what they say about assuming. Any feedback would be much obliged. Thanks gang!

Unless you hide it real well, I wouldn't think it would be a great idea. Most (if not all) public transportation methods have certain restrictions which often include food and beverages, especially alcohol.

I'm not completely sure, I'd say probably not the best idea.

But hey that doesn't mean you can't. Be creative =), I'm sure there's a way you can hide it. Just don't obnoxious and I bet no one will ask.

i've done it with cheap 24oz cans on njt. best case: brown bag it, cause i know in public it's illegal most everywhere except concealed in bag. they really just want not to make it obvious you're drinking.

You don't need to brown bag it...it's completely LEGAL!!! Thats why its still the best way to get to the game. You might feel like it takes forever to get there sometimes, but at least you can get stewed up on the way!

Do you have a cite to support that statement? I'd love to see it if you do.

- Jeff

I've taken the train to games from Bay Head, Pt. Pleasant, Long Branch, Metro Park and even Princeton Junction. One thing has been universal ... NJ Transit has never bothered me whilst I drank. Whether it's a 40 oz., a 6-pack or even a 30-pack, they always leave me alone. Once a friend of mine spilled her first beer of the trip all over the place, and all the conductor did was joke around saying she'd have to use her jacket to clean it up. Later on that same trip I was lucky enough to find an Isles fan willing to share his tequila. Hell, I've seen people bring a bottle of Coke, a bottle of Captain, some cups and mix their own cocktails on the ride.

You've got nothing to worry about on the train.

I live in Belmar so I was probably on the same train as you.

If you brown bag it you should be fine. Personally my best advice is to load up a liter bottle of coke with JD and enjoy. Easier to carry and gets a very good buzz going for you.

Edited by Jersey_Mike

For future reference,

You can drink on the train but you can not have anything open or visible on the platform. Platform is still public and drinking in public laws apply there.

True...my friend and her brother found out about that the hard way a couple weeks back. They had a drink in a brown bag on the Broad Street platform and got written up by security. Funny thing is at one point the security guard said they were endangering kids (my friend was sitting next to someone with a small child) but the mother herself was defending them and saying they weren't a problem.

yea a bit late with the info i know, but i used to commute back and forth from NYC and hawthrone, NJ for work and almost every day during the summer i would grab a beer or two at penn station and drink em on the train on the way home...noone said anything and i wasnt even the only one doing it so i say DRINK UP! haha

Do you have a cite to support that statement? I'd love to see it if you do.

- Jeff

He's correct, drinking on the train is totally legal, but walk off the train with an open container and you can get a $ 50 ticket. I don't know who makes the laws , but that's the deal.

Edited by INLOUWETRUST

thanks fellas. I ended up grabbing a 40 of Miller lite and brown baggin it. No problem at all. I actually saw a guy bring a 30 case on with him and it didnt look like he had much of a problem either haha.