At least we're not the Timberwolves

ghdi

Didn't the Devils give out tickets for free to 2 home games to lower level seats in November?

Also, didn't people (like myself) get free lower level tickets for going to a viewing party at Miami Mike's?

So yes, we are better as we don't have to pay for anything to get free tickets! Beat that T-Wolves!

The Wolves website isn't bad at all. I am sure you could find similar things around the league. The NBA is such a star-driven league that you need to advertise the best players and teams to fans of struggling teams. No other sport will a team that averages anywhere from 12,000-16,000 fans...sell out to see another team without the other teams' fans fans filling the building.

The Wolves website isn't bad at all. I am sure you could find similar things around the league. The NBA is such a star-driven league that you need to advertise the best players and teams to fans of struggling teams. No other sport will a team that averages anywhere from 12,000-16,000 fans...sell out to see another team without the other teams' fans fans filling the building.

Ah yes, yet more revisionist "logic" from our selective expert who once in a while tag-teams with a guy who thinks you can only measure sports by statistics. And nothing else.

I wouldn't give up your day job if I were you. "nut".

Huh? He's right. That's how downtrodden NBA teams market. It's an individual player league, if you don't have them, you better as hell market the other guys. If you removed National TV deals from the picture, the NBA is a far, far bigger wreck than the NHL.

Ah yes, yet more revisionist "logic" from our selective expert who once in a while tag-teams with a guy who thinks you can only measure sports by statistics. And nothing else.

I wouldn't give up your day job if I were you. "nut".

Seriously, this post has nothing to do with the thread. It could've been made in literally any other thread on this board, meaning you're just being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

Back on topic, it's on of the reasons I hate the NBA. The name on the back is more important than the name on the front.

Didn't the Devils give out tickets for free to 2 home games to lower level seats in November?

Also, didn't people (like myself) get free lower level tickets for going to a viewing party at Miami Mike's?

So yes, we are better as we don't have to pay for anything to get free tickets! Beat that T-Wolves!

Miami Mikes giving tickets away, and the devils holding the occasional contest, have absolutely no comparison to a team offering two free tickets with the purchase of 6 dollars in canned goods.

I don't even think the canned goods thing is a big deal. Teams give a huge amount of tickets to sponsors, and it is up to the sponsors to do what they want them. Obviously this sponsor's product is very cheap, but you'll see a lot of get free tickets with a large pizza around the league if the sponsor is a pizza place etc. Again, it is up to the sponsor, not the team, what they want to do with the tickets they have been given.

And for the at least we're not the Timberwolves comment. Agreed. This is a franchise that has been around for a few decades and has won absolutely nothing in their time. They lost their best player 4 years ago and have been as bad as you can get since. But you never know what the Devils organization would have to do after 4 years, not like this year, but 4 years worse than the 10-29-2 start they had.

I don't even think the canned goods thing is a big deal. Teams give a huge amount of tickets to sponsors, and it is up to the sponsors to do what they want them. Obviously this sponsor's product is very cheap, but you'll see a lot of get free tickets with a large pizza around the league if the sponsor is a pizza place etc. Again, it is up to the sponsor, not the team, what they want to do with the tickets they have been given.

And for the at least we're not the Timberwolves comment. Agreed. This is a franchise that has been around for a few decades and has won absolutely nothing in their time. They lost their best player 4 years ago and have been as bad as you can get since. But you never know what the Devils organization would have to do after 4 years, not like this year, but 4 years worse than the 10-29-2 start they had.

You're right I mean we had a Devils sponsor give away their free allotment of tickets back in January, I believe.. The T-Wolves aren't giving away those tickets, the sponsor is using the tickets they got from the team to help advertise.. They also could have just given them to family and friends of the company's workers, but this will likely generate more revenue for the company

Let's not kid ourselves, maybe we aren't as bad as the T-Wolves, but Devils fans do come to games to see Crosby/Ovechkin play

Let's not kid ourselves, maybe we aren't as bad as the T-Wolves, but Devils fans do come to games to see Crosby/Ovechkin play

That's a given; everyone tends to have a list of teams they most want to see.

Miami Mikes giving tickets away, and the devils holding the occasional contest, have absolutely no comparison to a team offering two free tickets with the purchase of 6 dollars in canned goods.

Occasional contest? They always have some contest going on. Right now there are 2: One for a suite for a game and one for club seats.

Also didn't everyone who signed up for a contest earlier this season won? What kind of contest is that when hundreds of people win?

One time there appeared to be a lot of winners. Once.

Chill the fvck out dude. You're always getting pissed off at fans and the organization for stupid sh!t and it IS very annoying to read.

I am not pissed, but I find it amusing that people take every little criticism of the Devils as a personal insult.

Also, please do not reply to my posts anymore. You became annoying when you started crying when I said I couldn't hear the supporters a couple of games. You called me a liar until another poster agreed with me and then you suddenly started backtracking and try to do some kind of reasoning.

You also seem to have a massive inferiority complex that a lot of Devil's fans (especially the younger ones) seem to possess where they are always trying to find some fault in how other teams are doing and take every little insult and/or criticism personally. This thread is a great example of this when the Devils this year have repeatedly given out free tickets (remember those 2 games in Nov?) many times and even rigged their own contest to make everyone a winner just so they can put butts in the seats. They even have resorted to placing fake "winner" signs on seats only to see that they won a free tour where the account execs are just trying to hawk season tickets. So before you bash anyone elses marketing campaign, stop and just take a look in the mirror first.

If anyone needs a chill pill, it should be you. Stop taking everything so seriously.

Edited by DevsMan84

I forgot about your criticisms, actually. And I'll reply to whatever posts I want to.

I feel like you have an inferiority complex with other teams, you never seem to be happy and think the organization and marketing department are never as good as everyone else. It baffles me.

I forgot about your criticisms, actually. And I'll reply to whatever posts I want to.

I feel like you have an inferiority complex with other teams, you never seem to be happy and think the organization and marketing department are never as good as everyone else. It baffles me.

DIdn;t I say that Mission Control was not a bad idea? Didn't I say the current owners act like they actually give a damn and acknowledge they are starting from scratch after having Scroog McMullen as owner for 2 decades? I feel my criticisms are pretty valid whatever they may be, but I have acknowledged in many posts that at least they are trying, whether it goes right or wrong.

This thread is pure inferiority by making fun of other teams who have attendance issues like the Devils. It is like the pot calling the kettle black. Makes no sense.

Also, when you jump on every little criticism I make, even when VALIDATED by other posters, you seem to cry and take it as a personal insult. Please stop.

Plus, TG wrote about how the Devils are still run like a Mickey Mouse team last year after the lighting fiasco. They Devils did drop the ball and he made very valid points about the team. What happened? He got ripped apart by fans, and that is what you atr trying to do to me when all I am saying is that this thread is silly.