Game 5 GDT: Flyers @ Devils

RSC

That noneffort made me mad, and a little ill.

Our Special Teams ride the short bus. That was awful, you just knew the flyers would score on the PP and when we got one you just knew we would NOT. I hate that this was a special teams series. It would have been MUCH better for us had it not been. I can't believe I saw so many penalties to the least penalized team in the league.

I expect to see a major retooling this summer.

wow. just an unbelievable lack of spark out there tonight. I can't believe this matchup happened.

whatta bitch.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you went to more games you'd probably understand why he and others have used the disrespectful word. Cost isn't prohibitive for me the way it might be for the majority of sth's, being lucky enough to get seats in 208 through a friend but just expending the time and effort to go to 27-28 games a year plus playoffs, yeah I felt a bit cheated by this team in the second half of this season. Losing is one thing but there is NO excuse for lack of effort.

Well, that's your own lack of good judgement. I didn't see any reason why this year would be different than last year or the year before or the year before that, so I didn't even bother getting the Centre Ice package to watch the games on TV. And unless there are huge changes over the summer, and I think the changes needed are not possible, there is no reason for next year to be different than this year. So if you buy ST expecting more success, I think you have to question how wise that is. If you are going just to watch a hockey game, that's super fine. If you are going to be part of something bigger, something exciting, then I think you have a problem.

this is as simple as it gets. you don't need to write a friggen research paper on this team. this is it.

i thought we had a talented bunch. it just so happens we had a talented bunch with no heart. they had no killer instinct, no will to win. they were skating like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off all series long.

NO heart is right ! Bunch of F-in Tin men !Horrible.......................

There's a big difference between expecting success and expecting an honest effort.

Thats it in a nutshell. We didn't even put up a fight against them. It's one thing to lose a punishing, well fought series, but this was like a bunch of preseason games. The Devils rolled over like the fix was in. There were no real battles, and the Flyers move on well rested. Yeah two of their players went down with injury, but did anyone really see them happen? I just wanted to see some heart, some hatred, not the apathy we were treated to. Where was the leadership on this team? There was no one who would stand up and take the leadership role, and it showed badly.

As for the game, Marty, Zach, Kovi, Martin, Patty and Greene were the only players who I thought looked like the even gave a $hit.

I wouldn't even go that far. Marty, Zubrus and Greene were the only ones that gave a consistent effort the whole series. Everyone else can either run suicides until the start of next season or gtfo.

Did they quit? Maybe. Talent wins. These guys didn't have the D or the support on the lower lines.

God you sound like Triumph now, he was saying what a good effort they gave last night. Yes they quit it was CLEAR. They were down 1 goal in the first period, and even the Devils announcers were ripping them for their body language. Talking about between face offs they were hanging their heads. They had no emotion. Last game THEY TOTALY QUIT IN THE THIRD PERIOD. Say what you want this team is gutless and SOFT and has absolutely NO LEADERSHIP.

Now that being said I agree they need a few more pieces, but to ask if they quit?? Come on try to at least be real here.

LA, I've been a Devils fan since 1985 when I saw my first game. I'm 31 now. In 25 years of die-hard Devils fanatacism, I've NEVER seen a more heartless team than this one. The 2009-2010 Devils will go down as the most gutless, heartless team in the history of the franchise. There is absolutely no way on earth a team with this much talent at forward should go 3 games without scoring an even-strength goal.

Amazing how it took this to realize how gutless and soft they are. MD I totally agree with you and have been saying it for over 2 months now. God some things have to change. This team needs some sort of identity, and physical presence, as well as a HEART transplant!!

NO heart is right ! Bunch of F-in Tin men !Horrible.......................

That is funny, being from the Philly burbs, I hear alot about the Flyers down here, and when the Flyers were sitting at 14th in the conference (about midway through the season) the Flyers fans were calling them that. Heartless gutless, and their nickname for Richards was the Tin man. Wow how the roles reversed in just a few months!

This was the most disappointing Devils team I can remember. So much promise heading into the season, the acquisition of a star winger (who is now likely exiting stage left), and all the hype that came with wining the division.. they played like total pansies and rolled over in front of their fans.

It's a failure from top to bottom. Just as Brodeur seems to be nearing the end of the line, one has to wonder if Lou is starting to lose it as well. He'll give us another, "all the pieces are there to win it all, i'm convinced of that" speech another first-round failure. It's pathetic.

We all know he wont clean house. As long as Brodeur stays in net, he will continue to expect the guy to play 70 games and stand on his head, while giving him zero help on defense. It's the same crap, year in and year out with this team.

I wouldn't even go that far. Marty, Zubrus and Greene were the only ones that gave a consistent effort the whole series. Everyone else can either run suicides until the start of next season or gtfo.

I missed out Zubie!!

I wasnt really talking in terms of play, I agree that the three you mentioned were the only players who played at the right level , it was more just about who looked like they gave a $hit.

At the end during the handshake those were the guys who it looked like losing hurt.

I saw Zach was close to tears in the lockeroom, at least you know although he didnt play to his level, it hurt him personally like it did for all the fans.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

The 2009-2010 Devils will go down as the most gutless, heartless team in the history of the franchise.

Bingo! This series was the absolute worst I have seen the Devils play in the 20 years I have been a fan of this hockey club. There was no defense, no fire, no passion during this no energy. This team needs to be dismantled, starting with Lemaire. It's funny, the coach I wanted was coaching the team that knocked us out. The one thing I did see a lot of was passing. Yet, for all the passing and PP we had, no one, not ZP, not Elias, and not Kovi was able to put the puck in the net. What, was there a secret bet amounst the players we didn't know about? Like how many times can we hit Boucher right on the Flyers emblem? Plus, I hated seeing us get pushed around this entire series. Why didn't we push back? Save for Kovi in Game 2, all I saw was a bunch of Devils hitting the ice.

Now, I want to see what Lou does. Do we try to resign Kovi? Martin? Try to sign some decent defenseman for a change? I have to agree with a previous post. If there aren't some changes this offseason, then next season, could very well end up like this season did.