2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

it's been discussed, but the devils need to have another defenseman besides jones be taken ahead of them or someone needs to reach over the consensus top 8 forwards for the devils to land one of the guys we've been hoping for.

if 9 comes and its a choice between horvat and domi, i am hoping to trade down.

colorado passing on jones creates this scenario as carolina was the only other team thought to be looking at defense.

Edited by sundstrom

it's been discussed, but the devils need to have another defenseman besides jones be taken ahead of them or someone needs to reach over the consensus top 8 forwards for the devils to land one of the guys we've been hoping for.

if 9 comes and its a choice between horvat and domi, i am hoping to trade down.

colorado passing on jones creates this scenario as carolina was the only other team thought to be looking at defense.

On the other hand, if someone reaches over for a non-consensus forward, then the consensus may not have been all it's cracked up to be.

For example, all it would take would be for Monohan to be ranked 15th by CSB and most people wouldn't care if the Devils didn't get him or passed over him, even though he'd be the same exact player.

Edited by Devils731

The draft in Pittsburgh last year and the tickets were available to the public for a charge. I don't remember how much, but they went the profit route. I personally have no issues with the way the Devils are doing it. I'm not an STH, but having attended a draft in the past I know what it's like. It's an interesting experience, but its a pretty eh event, even if they have things going on. I'm of the mindset that if I get tickets, I'll go and make the most of it b/c its local and my team is hosting it and hopefully get with a good group of people that are as into it as I am. 

I'm interested in being a seat filler as I think that would be a really cool way to experience it, so I'm hoping to get chosen for that. Sitting in the stands solely as a attendee can be butt-numbing waiting for picks so don't get too bent out of shape if you get left out. I guarantee there are going to be people complaining about how bored they were and many will leave before the first round is over. It's not a worthwhile event for the casual fan.

If I'm left out, I'll watch it from home and hopefully the analysis will be good. Its strange experiencing a draft without the talking heads. Lots of downtime. I'm interested to see how the Devils arrange the activities for attendees.

Just read something interesting from Hockey360

As its been reported the Avs may lean towards Mackinon

Then it seems like the Panthers are set on Drouin and that the Lighting would prefer either Barkov or Nichushkin since after Stamkos they dont have much depth going forward after Lecavalier is done.

Then the Preds are said to be interested in Barkov or Nuchushkin too as they don't need a young dman now they need offence.

Which means the Canes could end up with Jones which is what they've been looking for for quite awhile.

Not taking issue with you but I'd be surprised if the Predators took Nichushkin and more surprised if the Lightning also passed on Jones - they've got Kucherov, Connolly, and Johnson among their young forward corps.  D is a little less certain there.  Seems a bit far fetched.

The Avs saying they won't take Jones at #1 is such an obvious trade gambit - they may stay at #1 and pick someone other than Jones, but it doesn't really make sense to say that now unless you just want to put a blanket over Denver-based hype fires.

Not taking issue with you but I'd be surprised if the Predators took Nichushkin and more surprised if the Lightning also passed on Jones - they've got Kucherov, Connolly, and Johnson among their young forward corps.  D is a little less certain there.  Seems a bit far fetched.

The Avs saying they won't take Jones at #1 is such an obvious trade gambit - they may stay at #1 and pick someone other than Jones, but it doesn't really make sense to say that now unless you just want to put a blanket over Denver-based hype fires.

well none of that is my own predictions or guesses.  its something i took from hockey 360, just thought i'd share

i dont see the gambit of them doing this though (Avs) seems like saying you're not interested in the consensus #1 pick may give the Panthers the upper hand now since they'd have the possibility to draft the #1 guy. To me they'd be losing leverage. But i guess you can see it as them saying it as if they'd be willing to trade down but then they said they'd want Mackinnon so they can only trade down 1 or 2 spot to get him... and the panthers and Tampa doesnt really have to do anything then and might get their guy

Edited by SterioDesign

Just sent to STH:

Colin,

Thank you for requesting your 2013 NHL Draft Tickets. We can’t wait to host you at The Rock!

You can now log into your My Devils Account to print your General Admission Draft Tickets for free. There has been a tremendous response from our passionate fans requesting tickets, however we are happy to report for all those accounts that asked for additional tickets, we were able to provide each of you with two additional General Admission tickets. If you requested additional tickets, the two additional tickets will also appear on your My Devils Account, and may be printed for free once you log-in.

A 2013 NHL Draft “Fan Fest” presented by: New Jersey Stronger than the Storm, will be begin at 10:30AM on Championship Plaza. The Fan Fest will feature carnival rides, games, entertainment, food, drinks, as well as dual rinks on Mulberry Street hosting a street hockey tournament. While the general public will be able to enter Prudential Center at approximately 1:00pm, doors will be opened exclusively for Season Ticket Holders and their guests at approximately 12:30pm. To gain access to the top General Admission seats before anyone else, please meet us at an exclusive Season Ticket Holder entrance on Lafayette Street, just next to the VIP Garage, by 12:30pm. The actual Draft is set to begin at 3:00pm, however the main concourse will be filled with a number of activities including the opportunity to take photos with a variety of NHL trophies, and a trading card show.

We have also printed commemorative Draft Tickets, one for each Season Ticket Holder attending the Draft, that you may pick up at the top of the escalators outside of section 126 up through 6pm.

For the best parking options available, please visit www.clickandpark.com.

We can’t wait to see you next Sunday as we host another marquee event at Prudential Center!

Thanks,

Your Fan Experience Team

Edited by Colin226

I mean, having attended an NBA draft (with scalped tickets) - the ticket buying procedure for the NBA draft seems awful, as it's a 'line up the day of'  And the NBA draft doesn't change locations, so that totally changes the dynamic.

they've done a bunch through groupon so I guess they're not that popular lol. But it actually went back to an NBA team's arena this year (Barclay's) after being in the Pru lately fwiw

they've done a bunch through groupon so I guess they're not that popular lol. But it actually went back to an NBA team's arena this year (Barclay's) after being in the Pru lately fwiw

it used to be in the MSG Theater, which apparently seats 5,600, but not every seat was full - I bet they sold 3,000 tickets or so.  Also I went the year Oden and Durant went 1-2 which I imagine was a big year.

Edited by Triumph

Just throwing this out there, if it gets to 9 and all 8 of the forwards that we've been talking about are gone, i'd be perfectly fine with the team going D and taking Darnell Nurse. Glut on the blue line or not, this guy is being compared to to Chris Pronger and Shea Weber, seems like a great Plan B to me.

i'd rather not, i know championships are won with strong D but we are already all waiting for Larsson to become near what he's projected to be as Dmen develop slower usually... and i don't feel like waiting for 2017 to finally have our latest 2 top 10 picks really contributing to the team.

especially looking at a bunch of good Ds around the league a LOT of them were picked in later rounds or even undrafted. You can get lucky with dman (just as much as forwards obviously) but with a top pick i'd rather get a guy with a special offensive talent to produce cause you can have the best Dman in the world some goals will still go in somehow here and here or while he's on the bench plus as we saw you can have a great d corps playing a good system by commitee. You can lose a game 1-0 eventhough your best dman played the game of his life. at the end of the day you can lose games now without allowing a single goal (shootouts) but you absolutely need goals to win.

If you entered the raffle, the last date when you could possibly be notified that you've won tickets is tomorrow.

So if it's one of those deals where everyone who entered wins one (which I'm hoping for) they'll probably send out a mass email tomorrow.

Edited by Devilsfan118

If you entered the raffle, the last date when you could possibly be notified that you've won tickets is tomorrow.

So if it's one of those deals where everyone who entered wins one (which I'm hoping for) they'll probably send out a mass email tomorrow.

I doubt that everyone who entered won as from what I hear there are only about 500 tickets available to the public and they will be raffled off in pairs.  So 250 winners out of thousands who entered.

See I was under the impression there might only be a couple hundred requests.

But I suppose there would be more than the greater NY area market trying to get these tickets, makes sense.

I can imagine more than 250 requests for these tickets given than this raffle was advertised on their front page, Facebook and Twitter and I believe on NHL.com as well.

i'd rather not, i know championships are won with strong D but we are already all waiting for Larsson to become near what he's projected to be as Dmen develop slower usually... and i don't feel like waiting for 2017 to finally have our latest 2 top 10 picks really contributing to the team.

especially looking at a bunch of good Ds around the league a LOT of them were picked in later rounds or even undrafted. You can get lucky with dman (just as much as forwards obviously) but with a top pick i'd rather get a guy with a special offensive talent to produce cause you can have the best Dman in the world some goals will still go in somehow here and here or while he's on the bench plus as we saw you can have a great d corps playing a good system by commitee. You can lose a game 1-0 eventhough your best dman played the game of his life. at the end of the day you can lose games now without allowing a single goal (shootouts) but you absolutely need goals to win.

We know defense is better than offense - if a team scored 0 goals and didn't allow any goals, and won half its shootouts, it'd be the best team in hockey.  This would not be true of a team that scored 300 goals and gave up 300.  But what we don't know is that Darnell Nurse is like Chris Pronger or Shea Weber, which is basically the comparison given for any D who's physical and about to be taken near the top of the draft - Nurse's offense is the big question mark.  Scott Reynolds' comparables - players who were drafted this high with this sort of pedigree - don't give a lot of optimism for him becoming a real game-changer.  It's a safe pick - most of the guys on his comp list had long NHL careers - but I'd rather trade down and go for one of the lower ranked forwards.

Well 250 possible winners, each winning a pair.

That's about a 4% chance of winning.

Good luck!

Thanks..I'll need it :lol:

Let's just say I'll be making alternative plans for that day.

So what's the better way that is fair to everyone?  First 500 people in line the day of the event?

I mean..I'd prefer that.  It'd probably give people in NJ a better chance to attend but, I mean, when was the last time a draft was in NJ?  Probably won't be back here for at least another 30 years.  Why shouldn't we in the area get the first shot?

So what's the better way that is fair to everyone?  First 500 people in line the day of the event?

Raffle is probably the most fair way to do it, but they should have made more tickets available to the general public.

And just thinking of a line for these tickets brings up terrible memories of the $10 ticket line.  Thank god they are not doing that for the Draft.