Nets already turning back on NJ

The Facepainter

Spoken like a true fins fan..lol. Hey can i use that? Go Raiders!!

You can absolutely use it bro... and my best friend is actually a huge Raiders fan. A bunch of us went to Miami a couple years ago for the Fins-Raiders game. My friend and his brother (also a huge Raiders fan) enjoyed their trip substantially more than me... little did I know at the time the misery that awaited me that season.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can absolutely use it bro... and my best friend is actually a huge Raiders fan. A bunch of us went to Miami a couple years ago for the Fins-Raiders game. My friend and his brother (also a huge Raiders fan) enjoyed their trip substantially more than me... little did I know at the time the misery that awaited me that season.

I got a couple of good friends that are dolphin fans (they are also yankmee fans too, but thats another story..heheh) and its been tough for all of us these last few years. Looks like Parcels is building you guys a winner, based on last year anyway,so maybe the drought is over for you guys.

New Jersey Jets is better.. I bet if you sampled the population of both "NY" football teams you would find that the Jets would have a higher percentage of fans be from Jersey than the Giants would.. To be honest, I've never met someone from NY who was a Jets fan..

New Jersey Jets is better.. I bet if you sampled the population of both "NY" football teams you would find that the Jets would have a higher percentage of fans be from Jersey than the Giants would.. To be honest, I've never met someone from NY who was a Jets fan..

I doubt it. The Jets use to play at Shea stadium before the 84 season and a good majority of the season ticket holders kept their season tickets and made the drive out to the meadowlands. Over the years though I'd say it's about 50-50 between ny and nj fans for both the jets and giants.

• 2 weeks later...

Try going out to Long Island :P

It's about time. Way to go Kevin O'Toole! Any elected official who has the guts to say enough is enough has my respect and support.

I said the same thing when I read it yesterday. It's one of those things that's so sad, but true. But this guy (O'Toole) seems to be a no nonsense type: -"The taxpayers of this state have poured hundreds of millions of dollars into infrastructure upgrades in the Meadowlands where all the teams play their home games. Is it too much to ask that professional sports teams that benefit from the support of the New Jersey taxpayer recognize the state on their uniforms? These teams make hundreds of millions of dollars a year, they should not receive a single concession from the state until they get an attitude readjustment." :uni:

DAMN! He even goes after the Giants & Jets. - "The Jets and Giants, have no problem feeding at the taxpayer funded trough... yet seem to forget who their benefactors are when they order the teams' uniforms." * New York \ New Jersey Jets * anyone? I know I'd mark hard for that one.

PS-How bad do the Nets look through all of this? :giggle:

I bet if you sampled the population of both "NY" football teams, you would find that the Jets would have a higher percentage of fans be from Jersey than the Giants would. To be honest, I've never met someone from NY who was a Jets fan.

Totally agree with that. The Jets are WAY more "Jersey" than the Giants, and the Florham Park move only further reinforced that. There have been rumblings for a while now that the Jets would find a way to incorporate the "Jersey" suffix somehow in their name. I remember last season the rumors were really hot. If you rewatch the video on some of their postgame press conferences from last year, there are many times where the "NY" within their logo, is deliberately erased out of the backdrop behind the podium. **example ~ www.newyorkjets.com/pressconf/postgame WFAN's Evan Roberts, once confirmed the rumor on the air during one episode... and questioned why the organization would gray out the "NY" within the background logo. The Jets responded back with; "No Comment."

-Whether it's promotions: http://www.newyorkjets.com/newjersey-lottery -or- merchandise: JETS-1.jpg

The Jets continue to find ways to pay tribute to New Jersey. I've never heard/read/seen the Giants acknowledge New Jersey at all. :noclue:

Edited by Beezer34

Totally agree with that. The Jets are WAY more "Jersey" than the Giants, and the Florham Park move only further reinforced that. There have been rumblings for a while now that the Jets would find a way to incorporate the "Jersey" suffix somehow in their name. I remember last season the rumors were really hot. If you rewatch the video on some of their postgame press conferences from last year, there are many times where the "NY" within their logo, is deliberately erased out of the backdrop behind the podium. **example ~ www.newyorkjets.com/pressconf/postgame WFAN's Evan Roberts, once confirmed the rumor on the air during one episode... and questioned why the organization would gray out the "NY" within the background logo. The Jets responded back with; "No Comment."

-Whether it's promotions: http://www.newyorkjets.com/newjersey-lottery -or- merchandise: JETS-1.jpg

The Jets continue to find ways to pay tribute to New Jersey. I've never heard/read/seen the Giants acknowledge New Jersey at all. :noclue:

I don't know one Jets fan from Jersey besides some of you guys on the board... I swear, not one. Most of my friends are Giants fans... I NEVER see any Jets stuff on anyone's car around here either... all Giants stuff, all the time. Once again- the majority of their fanbase is concentrated on LI and in Queens. As much as I despise everything about the Jets, I give them some credit for at least acknowledging NJ... but if you did a formal poll of Giants vs Jets fans in NJ, the Giants would blow them away, and it wouldn't even be somewhat close at all. Trust me on that.

I don't know one Jets fan from Jersey besides some of you guys on the board... I swear, not one. Most of my friends are Giants fans... I NEVER see any Jets stuff on anyone's car around here either... all Giants stuff, all the time. Once again- the majority of their fanbase is concentrated on LI and in Queens. As much as I despise everything about the Jets, I give them some credit for at least acknowledging NJ... but if you did a formal poll of Giants vs Jets fans in NJ, the Giants would blow them away, and it wouldn't even be somewhat close at all. Trust me on that.

Beezer, thank you for defending our position with examples.. I was too lazy to do so

I feel that it has something to do with the track record of the teams.. I've always thought that the majority of fans in our area are "front runners".. Just like how I remember going to Mets games with my family and being the only people in our section (in the orange seats!).. And then the Mets do well in 06' and suddenly the stands are nearly full for weeknight games.. How many people remember when everyone was wearing Bulls clothes, and how after MJ it was all Lakers stuff... My personal opinion is that our area is so saturated with sports teams that many people never develop a true identity with a particular team (like everyone else on here has with the Devils).. Go to Pittsburgh and find someone from there who isn't a full supporter of their teams.. Just my analysis

Edited by Colin226

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pat Quinn, some marketing guy from the Nets came to my sport management class last week as a guest lecturer. From the way he was speaking, he sounded pretty confident that they will be moving to Brooklyn. He also explained that the promotion with the reversible jerseys ended up producing a lot more ticket sales.