Bryce Salvador to NJ for Cam Janssen

ghdi

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost sure this will happen, by the way. Salvador's not very good and the mistakes he makes are the kind that fans get on. To me, it is absolutely no accident that the fans' whipping boy has been Phil Housley, Dave Ellett, Vladimir Malakhov, Sean O'Donnell, Richard Smehlik, and Ken Klee. None at all - the guy's coming in and playing with 19 guys he hasn't played with before.

wow, looks like the people who thought cam would head to st. louis are right. i laughed at them all season.

well this is way better than trading vishnevski, but it means that one of brookbank/greene/rachunek/vishnevski won't be a devil by day's end.

or 2 of them

I think it's well known that I was never Cam's biggest fan, so I say good riddance. Yeah, the guy could hit with the best of them but he was a liability every time he hit the ice. Hopefully he can hit his stride with the Blues and become more than a goon.

As for Salvador, I don't know this guy, I don't know what he does but hey....he'll fit in well with our current crop of 5/6 d-men :D

Obviously, this set Lou up for another trade...question is who. I also feel Vish needs one more year here before being thrown to the wolves...same goes for Rachunek. If there is another deal, I expect it to be a minor one.

Congrats, Cam!

I'm really glad this deal got done. Cam is a great guy and brings a lot of fun to the rink, but I don't think he was ever going to be one of Sutter's boys.

Kudos to Lou for doing what was best for Cam and the Devs at the same time. Team adjusted +/- is a big deal to me, and Salvador has one among the best in the league, I think he'll be a great replacement for VV. I hope he fits in with the locker room, and maybe we get something for VV if that's who we ship.