Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zajac would be one of the last people on this team to be traded, probably right behind Brodeur and Parise. Not just because of his skills and potential in the future, but because we are already hurting mightily in the Center department, and letting Zajac go would basically gut the first line, regardless who you have playing on the wings. I'm pretty sure you can take Zajac out of any trade talk, unless there is another center of equal caliber coming back.

Edited by Amberite

if kovalchuk doesn't have atlanta selling out every game, why would that happen here? c'mon people, let's think. (sarcasm mark)

Atlanta isn't selling out every game, because traditionally they've been a dreadful team, in a bad sports market generally, much less for hockey. While I don't think the Devils sell out every game if Kovs comes here, attendance would definitely go up in the short term, just for fans to come and see him while the novelty is still there.

this thread might as well be njdevs.com the next few days hahaha. if there isn't a trade done by tonight, im givng up though. think about it, what else could be holding back the trade? the only realistic thing i could imagine is lou talking rolston into waiving the ntc, but then again that wouldn't be part of the oduya, bergfors, palmeiri and a 1st rumor. waddell getting cold feet? tonight is the perfect time for a trade considering its before the olympics, waddell said he would be traded in the next 5 days, and both teams are off tonight. cmonnnnnnnn

this thread might as well be njdevs.com the next few days hahaha. if there isn't a trade done by tonight, im givng up though. think about it, what else could be holding back the trade? the only realistic thing i could imagine is lou talking rolston into waiving the ntc, but then again that wouldn't be part of the oduya, bergfors, palmeiri and a 1st rumor. waddell getting cold feet? tonight is the perfect time for a trade considering its before the olympics, waddell said he would be traded in the next 5 days, and both teams are off tonight. cmonnnnnnnn

Maybe the Devils' flu bug is holding up the trade (hypothetically), I mean if we traded Oduya and Greene couldn't play tomorrow night then you're talking about Salvador, White, Mottau, Fraser and two other ?'s (Corrente or Davison and Eckford). That's a lot of crap to be playing on D in one or two games.

Lets face it after the Wayne Gretzky trade you can never say never, but highly unlikely, I think Langs would go way before Zajack. Youth and exp in Zajack is worth too much, I just hope it is a good deal Lou is usually good with these so I trust him. I also think Lou is not shy if he has no interest he would have said so.

I remember when we got Stevens in the arbitrary case and everyone said no way it would happen.

What ever happens its making my day go by quick.. LOL

Maybe the Devils' flu bug is holding up the trade (hypothetically), I mean if we traded Oduya and Greene couldn't play tomorrow night then you're talking about Salvador, White, Mottau, Fraser and two other ?'s (Corrente or Davison and Eckford). That's a lot of crap to be playing on D in one or two games.

If that is the case shame on Lou. Take your chances for a game or 2 with the sick lineup to get this deal DONE before another team swoops in at the last second and snags Ilya from us. I suspect that Waddell is fielding any and all offers he can get in hopes of inflating Ilya's value before he is finally dealt.

Lets face it after the Wayne Gretzky trade you can never say never, but highly unlikely, I think Langs would go way before Zajack. Youth and exp in Zajack is worth too much, I just hope it is a good deal Lou is usually good with these so I trust him. I also think Lou is not shy if he has no interest he would have said so.

I remember when we got Stevens in the arbitrary case and everyone said no way it would happen.

What ever happens its making my day go by quick.. LOL

Zajac you mean

If Lou brings him in, which i think is about 50-50, i think they will obviously try to sign him. It has to be interesting to Ilya. Close to NY (Big Russian Community), play with a team who plays a sound Defensive game (something he has never had before) Actually have some FWD talent with him, Parise,Elias, Zajac and a chance to win the cup every year. Also being out of the spotlight..

Maybe his price tag for a different team wouldnt be as high

Parise (3.125) - Zajac (3.88) - Langs (2.8)

Elias (6) - Zubrus (3.4) - Kovalchuk (8)

Rolston (5) - Cormier (.875) - Clarkson (2.5)

Zharkov (.850) - Pelley (.550) - Halischuk (.875)

Davis (.550)

Martin (5) - White (3)

Salvador (2.9) - Greene (.738)

Eckford (.984) - Corrente (.821)

Fraser (.550)

Brodeur (5.2)

backup (.550)

--------------

$58.148M

It's possible, not very probable. Martin should be around 5, pando would have to get sent to lowell, salvador could be moved, rolston might be able to be traded, if he finishes strong and puts up decent numbers.

Even for this year its still worth the risk. If he doesn't resign, we have 8M to sure up our team. 4M top 4 D/4M 2nd line center.

I had heard he turned down 10mil per for 8 years, and this says 'highest paid' for 7 (which I assume would be the cap max of 11 something), so he really is just looking at stoopit money it seems. If that's the case, he won't give a rat's behind where he ends up. He might when he's 35 and hasn't gotten his name on a cup, but it looks to me like he's going to end this season and get the most money he can get from whomever/wherever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.