Niedermayer to Ducks (CONFIRMED)

Weekes Head

All of you who drink the cool aid, you have not been fans as long as I, this goes back to the same thing as with Brendan, the man does not

I have decided that I will not post here ever again. Given that I am not a hardcore fan and that I have not been a fan of the Devils as long as PSG (only since 1987), I do not deserve to have an opinion. I do not stand up to their standard and therefore don't have the right to an opinion.

I hope they are happy with their board. Have fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:huh: I think you are taking what he said a little to seriously.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone even bothered to consider that Nieder only made this decision AFTER the Ducks agreed to give Rob a 4 year, $8 million deal??

I'm pretty sure that was the biggest negotiating point. If the Ducks didn't agree to that, Nieder would be a Devil today.

Has anyone even bothered to consider that Nieder only made this decision AFTER the Ducks agreed to give Rob a 4 year, $8 million deal??

I'm pretty sure that was the biggest negotiating point.  If the Ducks didn't agree to that, Nieder would be a Devil today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

of course.

How could ANYONE possibly blame LOU for this?!?!? Wow. :blink: He OFFERED the max...what else could he have done??? Ugh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not about the money, it's about how you deal with people one on one, maybe someday Lou will realize you don't have to be a control freak to succede.

It's all on him, every single FN ounce is on him, he did not get it done, he has a good 3 years to repair the damage he had done in the past with Scott, or to go out there and get Rob, he knew this was coming, we all did, he did not get it done.

Brian Burke, although I can't stand him, had his job for a month, guess what, he got it done.

As the great Micheal Ray once said, THE SHIP BE SINKIN.

Team overboard :saddevil:

I'm pretty sure that was the biggest negotiating point.  If the Ducks didn't agree to that, Nieder would be a Devil today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Family ties had everything to do with this. Didn't Lou try for Rob a few years ago? I pretty sure he did. Eh he told the kids they'd be near Uncle Rob and Mickey Mouse. And all was right in the universe. Burke had the trump card.

How could ANYONE possibly blame LOU for this?!?!? Wow. :blink: He OFFERED the max...what else could he have done??? Ugh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not about the money, it's about how you deal with people one on one, maybe someday Lou will realize you don't have to be a control freak to succede.

It's all on him, every single FN ounce is on him, he did not get it done, he has a good 3 years to repair the damage he had done in the past with Scott, or to go out there and get Rob, he knew this was coming, we all did, he did not get it done.

Brian Burke, although I can't stand him, had his job for a month, guess what, he got it done.

As the great Micheal Ray once said, THE SHIP BE SINKIN.

Team overboard :saddevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brian Burke had the ultimate bargaining chip: Rob Niedermayer.

What else do you want?

Gosh Ghost,

I seem to remember hearing the same panic ridden nonsense, when we lost Mogilny, Arnott, Sykora and espeically when we lost Holik. Somehow Lou always makes us better. Lou offered what he could, but Nieds NEVER wanted to come back, that was obvious.

Nieds may have been great but come on.. alot of his greatness came from playing with the likes of Stevens and Brodeur.

We'll see in Anahiem now how good a D-man he really is... and if he was worth 7+ million.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh and one final thing, for those saying Anaheim sucks, um guess what, they just signed the best defenseman in the game, that puts them ahead of us. I would need to look more closely at their roster, but if Hebert can actually wear normal pads, and be a good goalie, with Fedorov up front playing to his ability, and Scott in the back, I see no reason they can't compete for a Cup NOW.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you mean Giguere... and NOT Hebert......

All of you who drink the cool aid, you have not been fans as long as I, this goes back to the same thing as with Brendan, the man does not

I have decided that I will not post here ever again. Given that I am not a hardcore fan and that I have not been a fan of the Devils as long as PSG (only since 1987), I do not deserve to have an opinion. I do not stand up to their standard and therefore don't have the right to an opinion.

I hope they are happy with their board. Have fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not about how long you have been a fan, you missed my point, someone could become a fan today, and be as good of a fan as someone who has been around since 83, it's about seeing what the truth is, and that is what Lou is, a great hockey mind, with no people skills.

and nah, you have been here way before I, so I think I will take my leave, at least from posting.

Stringing people along?  Dragging it out? 

It's been 4 FREAKING DAYS since he was able to sign somewhere else.  The guy just made a major life decision (for LESS money), I think he's entitled to 4 days.

Well, at least we won't have a $7.8 million albatross of a contract hanging around for 5 years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can we just come off this... lots of other guys made this "major life dicision" :rolleyes: a hell of a lot faster. Ofcourse it's not a big deal and who gives a crap if he was stringing anyone along -- it's had no impact on the Devils either way -- lou never jumps into the fray he wouldnt' have this time.. if anything it was a nice buffer (bluffer?) time for Lou to see how things shake out and take it from there.

I really didn't see how we could take on Philly without Stevens thought process on ice... but Stevens has GOT to figureout how the hell to extricate himself from this team seemlessly. If you do it Stevens you've got a great coaching career ahead of you - I dont know how on earth you're going to do it though.

My team has just suffered a death blow, and I blame one person, and one person only and that's Lou. All of you who drink the cool aid, you have not been fans as long as I, this goes back to the same thing as with Brendan, the man does not know how to have personal relationships with his players, and unless the players have some undying faith to the area, they will NEVER stay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The above is so factually inaccurate, I don't even know where to start.

If Lou's "personal relationship" with Niedermayer was the reason he's now with the Ducks, the Devils would have never been in the running to keep him.

"unless the players have some undying faith to the area, they will NEVER stay." I don't even have the time to list off the players who decided to stay and who weren't exactly born in Brick.

"Suffered a death blow?" It's a playoff team with some serious holes, but you're acting like we've been gutted. Did I miss the memo where Jeff Reese is now our goalie again?

As for Shanahan, there is nothing in his departure you can blame Lou for. The Blues offered the moon for the kid financially, and he left. And then Lou bitchslapped St. Louis right back by getting Stevens. Which brings me to the point that your strange little rant seemed to miss:

No matter how many times it looks like this franchise has been kicked in the balls, Lou always ends up winning.

<JESTER>

Nieds may have been great but come on.. alot of his greatness came from playing with the likes of Stevens and Brodeur.

We'll see in Anahiem now how good a D-man he really is... and if he was worth 7+ million.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh and one final thing, for those saying Anaheim sucks, um guess what, they just signed the best defenseman in the game, that puts them ahead of us. I would need to look more closely at their roster, but if Hebert can actually wear normal pads, and be a good goalie, with Fedorov up front playing to his ability, and Scott in the back, I see no reason they can't compete for a Cup NOW.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you mean Giguere... and NOT Hebert......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

geez, that's how out of it I am at the moment, sorry about that :saddevil:

My team has just suffered a death blow, and I blame one person, and one person only and that's Lou. All of you who drink the cool aid, you have not been fans as long as I, this goes back to the same thing as with Brendan, the man does not know how to have personal relationships with his players, and unless the players have some undying faith to the area, they will NEVER stay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Lou's "personal relationship" with Niedermayer was the reason he's now with the Ducks, the Devils would have never been in the running to keep him.

"unless the players have some undying faith to the area, they will NEVER stay." I don't even have the time to list off the players who decided to stay and who weren't exactly born in Brick.

"Suffered a death blow?" It's a playoff team with some serious holes, but you're acting like we've been gutted. Did I miss the memo where Jeff Reese is now our goalie again?

As for Shanahan, there is nothing in his departure you can blame Lou for. The Blues offered the moon for the kid financially, and he left. And then Lou bitchslapped St. Louis right back by getting Stevens. Which brings me to the point that your strange little rant seemed to miss:

No matter how many times it looks like this franchise has been kicked in the balls, Lou always ends up winning.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:hail:

Gosh Ghost,

I seem to remember hearing the same panic ridden nonsense, when we lost Mogilny, Arnott, Sykora and espeically when we lost Holik.  Somehow Lou always makes us better.  Lou offered what he could, but Nieds NEVER wanted to come back, that was obvious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with Manta, Nieds was planning on going for a long time now. This team will be ok. People need to stop flipping out. It's just one player. Put another body in there on D and let's drop the puck.

Well, now Lou gets to earn his money. We have some cap space and we have holes to fill.

I really don't see how anyone can blame Lou for this. He wanted to go where he wanted to go. Unless we were able to acquire Rob Niedermayer or move NJ to the Pacific time zone Lou did all he could. He offered him a fair contract.

Last time I checked hockey is a team game, losing Niedermayer hurts, but it is by no means the harbringer of years of bad teams.

We do need a forward. We need at least one more forward who can score.

Rowdy now youre scaring me..........

Don - youre hardcore end of story.

Scott Stevens please come out with a statement saying that you will return or will not return and lets move on to the next issue. If anyone thought that 27 was coming back - they werent paying attention last time he held out. I at least feel fortunate that he signed out West and we wont have another team in the East get that much better.

Edited by El Diablo

WE DON"T NEED FORWARDS!

Defense is our priorty, we just lost the best defensemen in the game right now, about to lose another top 10 player and our Captain isn't 100% and may retire.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We need to get better. Our offense isn't that great that we can't think about spending some of the extra money to upgrade it.

I would like to see Boyton in a Devils uniform though.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:hail:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i second that! :hail:

Thankyou Jester

It's sp funny how I am totally beyond this whole situation already seeing the logic and seeing where we can go and what has to be done and the guys that have to be qualified...

Man if you're a Devils fan you're loving this -- the is the best part -- you see the magic start spinning -- a NON-fan sees no move as Lou being an idiot... a devils fan well... some (such as I) are sort of scratching their heads thinking What the hell just happened because somethign went on that I didnt' get ot see and I think it was something darned cool -- and I have no bad feelings anywhere....

it's NOT Kool-aide -- and it's not last minute fix it jobs... I dont know what the hell it is but Lou's freaking on the ball and I sort of get mad that every tiem I get caught up in the frenzy -- but that's what's supposed to happen because Im a FAN not an employee... thank goodness...

but really...

what the hell just happened?

Neids said bye it was done really done and yet all this stuff just went on... :unsure: and now it's all ok and the work is going to begin in earnest... and I have no idea what the hell just happened...

SUE??????

Edited by Darwindog

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How long has Lou known Scott was not exactly a East Coast guy????

Yah think like 13 years or so?

How long has he known what family means to him, what playing with Rob would mean to him, you think over 10 years? He had a good 3 years to get Rob, it's not like he was untoucable once he was traded by Florida, the man did not get it done.

His personal relationship with Scott, his refusal to treat the players like men, and let them get the press they deserve, it all came back to bite him once again.

The players who stayed, since the list is so short not long, lets look at them.

Kenny, he lives here year round now, this is his home, he was loyal to the owner more so than Lou.

Scott Stevens, he tried to leave at first, Lou matched it, then it became his home, and he was winning.

Marty, this is his team.

Other than those 3, I don't know what players you think have ever stayed.

The team has to be gutted of his dead weight, with Scott we could compete for a championship, if anyone really believe we can do that now in the next year or two, I would love to be on what you are, it might make me feel better at the moment.

Rebuild, they have some great pieces here, they will still be here in 2 years, but rebuild now.